You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

5 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Yep.

The problem here isn't these people, it's the push for ratings by any and all means.

Yes, news are entertainment are not bedfellows and never the twain...

Infotainment is a blight that needs to be gotten rid of, but that’s what the chimps want. They want Toby Young calling a reputable scientist a racist peado, or Naga Munchetty punching Dan Jarvis for trying to steal her morning pasty, the news is irrelevant, the sound bite will do.

’Tell me what I should think, why should I be angry today, I don’t have time for your stupid ‘facts’’

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Infotainment is a blight that needs to be gotten rid of, but that’s what the chimps want. They want Toby Young calling a reputable scientist a racist peado, or Naga Munchetty punching Dan Jarvis for trying to steal her morning pasty, the news is irrelevant, the sound bite will do.

’Tell me what I should think, why should I be angry today, I don’t have time for your stupid ‘facts’’

Same with footy pundits on TV & radio, and columnists as well. Controversy is attention and shifts figures. Unfortunately much of the population are too thick to see that and will just see some space-head with glasses o telly telling them that the vaccine turns you into a zebra and covid is no worse than stubbing your toe then its:

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I’m pretty sure some of the US ‘news’ channels changed their status from news to ‘entertainment’ as news channels have legal obligations around impartiality.  They fall away if they are entertainment. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I’m pretty sure some of the US ‘news’ channels changed their status from news to ‘entertainment’ as news channels have legal obligations around impartiality.  They fall away if they are entertainment. 

World News Entertainment with Vince McMahon.

200.gif

18 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I’m sure you’re right, a bit like when WWF started calling itself ‘Wrestling Entertainment’ because they didn’t want to unionise or pay health insurance for their ‘stars’, tax breaks a go-go.

America has the most partisan ‘news’ in the world, far worse than here.

The first time I was in America I made the mistake of turning the news on, I like watching weather reports in other countries, don’t @ me. I felt like I was being bludgeoned, it must be psychologically exhausting to have that level of noise constantly as a background.

8 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

The first time I was in America I made the mistake of turning the news on, I like watching weather reports in other countries, don’t @ me. I felt like I was being bludgeoned, it must be psychologically exhausting to have that level of noise constantly as a background.

This. Poltergeist wasn't created by accident. 

Haven't had much time to post or lurk on the forum, but please encourage relatives who are offered clinical trail enrolment if they are in hospitals to get onto them, we're currently running at a 50% rejection rate. It's often the quickest way to get people drugs that could potentially help them.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Moctezuma said:

Haven't had much time to post or lurk on the forum, but please encourage relatives who are offered clinical trail enrolment if they are in hospitals to get onto them, we're currently running at a 50% rejection rate. It's often the quickest way to get people drugs that could potentially help them.

I love clinical trials, I did one where they match the antibiotics to my DNA or something, it's on my records. Antibiotics man. I put rusty nails up my bum just for fun  these days. 

4 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Nah, he's tv gold, he'll be on as long as there's stupid shit to say, sadly.

If you have a spare five minutes have a read of the Lockdown Sceptic 'Lonely Heart Section' it's delightfuly mad.

https://lockdownsceptics.org/forums/

You what???

56yo Bristol bloke seeks non-leftie female

I like candlelit dinners, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.

Would love to meet someone who thinks for herself, has a sense of humour, a youthful outlook and appreciates old-fashioned manners but modern attitudes.

Bloke in Gloucestershire

Post by 2 wolves » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:12 am

I'm an outdoors type, a bit of a Brexit bloke, a bit rough around the edges.
I cant understand why the country has closed for something that has affected less than 1% of the population!
I love music, especially if its loud! love motorbikes... fast and loud!
Happy in my own skin, but looking for a partner in crime who wants to have fun, laughs and adventures.
I want to meet and chat, I'm not into endless messaging, I want to see a real smile not an emoji.
Take a chance..... Jump in, lets see what happens, no mask, no gloves, no whiff of sanitiser, I'm clean!

Reading between the lines, 2 Wolves is a fat, ugly, hairy incel who doesn't give a shit about looking even vaguely presentable. He's tried online dating, but has failed to meet anyone once they exchange messages and realise he's a total prick, and thinks his disastrous love life is due to ideology and lockdown, not his persona and appearance.

The Fast Show - Jesse's Diets 1 - YouTube

• Upvote 3

See soft arse Williamson has said kids without a laptop are considered vulnerable and should go into school now, so any parent that can't be arsed looking after their kid is just gonna say they haven't got a computer. With nurseries still open too, this isn't really a lockdown - it's just that Burtons and the pubs are closed. Load of bollocks. 

Even in a cabinet as talentless as this, Williamson just absolutely beggars belief. If he was working at Manweb or something selling video tapes with his name on his shirt you'd still think he was a fucking dickhead. 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

See soft arse Williamson has said kids without a laptop are considered vulnerable and should go into school now, so any parent that can't be arsed looking after their kid is just gonna say they haven't got a computer. With nurseries still open too, this isn't really a lockdown - it's just that Burtons and the pubs are closed. Load of bollocks. 

Even in a cabinet as talentless as this, Williamson just absolutely beggars belief. If he was working at Manweb or something selling video tapes with his name on his shirt you'd still think he was a fucking dickhead. 

Absolutely mate - Johnson and Williamson have made it clear they didn't want schools shut. The headline might be that schools are shut, but they aren't. All you have to do is have a look through Twitter - most schools are open with a full complement of staff. 

All parents have to say is the kid doesn't have adequate space to learn and the school.has to take them. Loads of stories from the wife's school today of kids being sent in, even if the parents don't work (or have 'other means' of income). 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

They would've all died next week anyway...something, something...wibble, wibble... 

With those numbers, it's infuriating to see things which suggest that the lockdown still appears to be a half-arsed effort.

They all had underlying conditions - but my main concern is the underlying conditions that will kill other people.