You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

4 hours ago, johnsusername said:

Wife (primary teacher) has been told she (and all staff) will be in full time with about 15 kids per class. 

What lockdown? 

How the fuck is that happening? So 50% of kids are going in? 

2 hours ago, _______________ said:

British Prime Minister Boris Johnson said on Tuesday that 2% of the population in England, over 1 million people, is infected with the coronavirus, as reported by Reuters.

At this rate we'll have herd immunity before the vaccine . 

With the injection, it's not like they have to find a vein or any shit.

It's roughly 3 finger-widths (or whatever) down from the top of your shoulder.

If you miss by a few centimetres, it'll make fuck all difference. I'd imagine if you stuck it in the wrong shoulder completely, you'd still be grand.

4 minutes ago, Lario said:

With the injection, it's not like they have to find a vein or any shit.

It's roughly 3 finger-widths (or whatever) down from the top of your shoulder.

If you miss by a few centimetres, it'll make fuck all difference. I'd imagine if you stuck it in the wrong shoulder completely, you'd still be grand.

What if you jammed it up your hoop? Asking for a friend.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Lario said:

The fuck?!

You're never "stuck in Ireland". You're blessed to be there.

True.

But on this occasion, putting your mother in the ground - well before time - in the middle of this trickle little epidemic, while being separated indefinitely from your immediate family on the other side of the world... well, even a one hat restaurant and some fine pints of Guinness near the Clifffs of Moher apparently didn't have the same ring to them as usual.

40 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

The full section is wonderful, he gets spoken down to and patronised throughout like the stunted little simpleton he is.

You can tell both hold him in contempt and they don't hide it as they destroy every stupid argument he makes. My personal favourite is where he starts taking about the doctor, who's name escapes me now, who all the conspiracy peddlers were quoting at the time, begins with S, and all his ideas were debunked and it turned out he had no skin in the game, nor expertise. They just rolled their eyes, beautiful.

EDIT: Sikora, that's the prick.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mudface said:

Hopefully that's the last time this dangerous prick gets a platform on national TV.

Nah, he's tv gold, he'll be on as long as there's stupid shit to say, sadly.

If you have a spare five minutes have a read of the Lockdown Sceptic 'Lonely Heart Section' it's delightfuly mad.

https://lockdownsceptics.org/forums/

• Upvote 1

What him and his ilk do is water down the legitimate information from fully qualified medical personnel that actually work in the field of pandemics/viruses and also have access to the relevant data. 

There should be a way to question what we are told, we shouldn't immediately believe it all and that is healthy. Respectable media, if such a thing exists these days, are there to do that and that's where the free speech on this should be, not in some tossers bedroom on YouTube. 

It hasn't helped that for as long as I can remember most politicians are lying little shit weasels that refuse to give a clear answer. Is it any wonder a large swathe of the public have little to no confidence in what they say, do and ask us to do? Especially when some of them aren't following the advice themselves. I'd have a lot more respect for them if they passed a law that mean't any politician found breaking the lockdown rules was automatically sacked without a pension. 

5 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Yeah the government have changed the 'critical worker' definition so a lot of schools are up to 50% attendance. It's a spiteful move by Johnson and Williamson.

We're at about 1/3 attendance at the minute. 4 pods. All teachers in for their usual days but with 1 day working from home. 

We're expected to supervise the kids in the class, maintaining social distancing and safe practise, whilst also monitering the work that the kids are doing at home and providing support and feedback. On top of which we need to speak to each of our class on the phone once a week (more for vulnerable children) and continue to plan for the online work across multiple year groups. 

It's completely unsustainable. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

If you have a spare five minutes have a read of the Lockdown Sceptic 'Lonely Heart Section' it's delightfuly mad.

Cheers, that'll give me something to do on my coffee break.

On Young and his ilk, it's the same as the US where networks heavily featured Trump as it boosted ratings. At some point, networks and social media sites have to start taking moral responsibility for what they're broadcasting. 

15 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

We're at about 1/3 attendance at the minute. 4 pods. All teachers in for their usual days but with 1 day working from home. 

We're expected to supervise the kids in the class, maintaining social distancing and safe practise, whilst also monitering the work that the kids are doing at home and providing support and feedback. On top of which we need to speak to each of our class on the phone once a week (more for vulnerable children) and continue to plan for the online work across multiple year groups. 

It's completely unsustainable. 

Oh yeah - my wife is teaching kids in class and kids working at home too as you say. I'm not sure how you're supposed to do that.

In my day school was a place where you were educated, nowadays it seems to be baby sitting and social services and generally looking after kids because parents aren't up to it. 

It's a double whammy in her school as the deputy head is determined to have as many kids in so she can prove how great the school is. And she thinks staff are being paid full time so should be in full time. 

I thought the idea was for as many people to be home as possible for as long as possible to prevent the spread of the virus. Seems not. 

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Yep.

The problem here isn't these people, it's the push for ratings by any and all means.

• Upvote 1