You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

20 minutes ago, Brownie said:

Disagree. If we’d closed borders and gone for an elimination strategy then I reckon people would be a lot happier 9 months on.

Hopefully we're just in the "hapless cunts govt" simulation and they'll judge it a failure and move us to the "common sense govt" simulation.

1 hour ago, Captain Howdy said:

To be honest mate I don’t think anybody would.

1 hour ago, Brownie said:

Disagree. If we’d closed borders and gone for an elimination strategy then I reckon people would be a lot happier 9 months on.

I don't understand how anyone can say we couldn't have handled this any better. 

Every single decision that has obviously been needed has been delayed and cost lives because the Tory cunts are more worried about spin than people's health, every single decision.

"The leader of the opposition wants to cancel Christmas, well not us"- Christmas cancelled.

Never close schools, totally safe despite anyone with a brain saying, cancel Christmas and start the school holidays to close schools. - schools closed after one day open, now wasted 3 weeks. 

Every decision was taken late due to concern about spin above all else. That alone should tell you everything about these self serving cunts and how it could have been different.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Captain Howdy said:

Yeah I get that, but that’s my point, I think the deaths and suffering from the fallout could be worse.

That's what I've been saying since the beginning, but then you get accused of not caring about Jeff's great-grandma who died of covid.

• Downvote 2

5 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

That's what I've been saying since the beginning, but then you get accused of not caring about Jeff's great-grandma who died of covid.

Exactly spot on as always. Having Jeff’s great-grandma, grandma, mum and dad all  die of Covid would have been much better for Jeff’s mental health.

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

I don't understand how anyone can say we couldn't have handled this any better. 

Every single decision that has obviously been needed has been delayed and cost lives because the Tory cunts are more worried about spin than people's health, every single decision.

"The leader of the opposition wants to cancel Christmas, well not us"- Christmas cancelled.

Never close schools, totally safe despite anyone with a brain saying, cancel Christmas and start the school holidays to close schools. - schools closed after one day open, now wasted 3 weeks. 

Every decision was taken late due to concern about spin above all else. That alone should tell you everything about these self serving cunts and how it could have been different.

In early February, cunt Johnson was refusing to impose travel restrictions, because he had a wank fantasy about being the Superman of Capitalism. 

You could find similar examples every month since of him refusing to face facts and act on them. There is not a single aspect of the Government's response to this pandemic that you could honestly say they have done well. You just know that the disastrously negligent crooks will fuck up the roll-out of the vaccine, too.

Revenge neg all you want you smarmy little shite. You got it wrong about this being gone by winter, you got it wrong about a second wave yet aren't man enough to admit it because you're a shit-bag (we knew that anyway) and now you're making smarmy digs when people who post on this very forum have lost loved ones to covid? You are one horrible fucking prick. 

How do you think people who have lost loved ones to it will feel reading that? 

Its fine worrying more about the long-term impact but to throw that dig in at the end just sums you up. Your narcissism outweighs any smidgeon of decency in your shitty hollow existence. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Exactly spot on as always. Having Jeff’s great-grandma, grandma, mum and dad all  die of Covid would have been much better for Jeff’s mental health.

Yeah, because Jeff's entire family are going to die from a disease with a fatality rate of less than 1%, aren't they.

Covid has been with us for a year now, and the overwhelming majority of us are still alive; surely it's time to stop pretending that it's going to kill everyone it encounters? It's long past ridiculous.

10 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

You evil fucking cunt 

Stop projecting your own evilness onto me. How would you feel if I said you didn't give a solitary fuck about the millions of livelihoods that have been and are being destroyed by the response to covid, or the people who are going to die of cancer or heart disease or any number of much more lethal disorders because we decided they weren't as important as a virus.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Yeah I get that, but that’s my point, I think the deaths and suffering from the fallout could be worse. I don’t know what the answer is, it’s a terrible situation.

34 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Captain; Whenever I’m unsure or starting to question my own opinions I tend to stop and look around at who is saying the opposite of what I believe. In recent history it’s been Johnson, Gove, Farage, Trump etc and that usually snaps me back to reality.

Similar to your post above I’d have a serious look at who’s agreeing with you and that should be a sobering realisation in itself.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Stop projecting your own evilness onto me. How would you feel if I said you didn't give a solitary fuck about the millions of livelihoods that have been and are being destroyed by the response to covid, or the people who are going to die of cancer or heart disease or any number of much more lethal disorders because we decided they weren't as important as a virus.

My mum died of cancer less than 6 months ago in the midst of all this and you know that you horrible twat 

Fuck you SD you've gone too far now. You should have been banned a long time ago. Absolute scumbag 

Won't easing/ending restrictions cause more hospitalisations, meaning that medical professionals from other departments (such as oncology etc) have to be drafted in to help with the increased hospitalisation numbers and resulting in their own departments struggling to function properly? 

This is an issue that the open things up crowd never seem to acknowledge and just gloss over it? If we do ease restrictions, are we just going to leave the increasing number of covid patients without any medical treatment so that other departments can still function properly? 

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Won't easing/ending restrictions cause more hospitalisations, meaning that medical professionals from other departments (such as oncology etc) have to be drafted in to help with the increased hospitalisation numbers and resulting in their own departments struggling to function properly? 

This is an issue that the open things up crowd never seem to acknowledge and just gloss over it? If we do ease restrictions, are we just going to leave the increasing number of covid patients without any medical treatment so that other departments can still function properly? 

Exactly. The current shitshow is what happens when you lose control, hospitals brought to their knees through the number of Covid patients and pushing 1000 deaths a day.

Having to lock down is horrendous, not doing so would make things much, much worse. Thank fuck we belatedly veered away from the 'let it rip' herd immunity dickheads last March and now.

29 minutes ago, elBooth said:

Captain; Whenever I’m unsure or starting to question my own opinions I tend to stop and look around at who is saying the opposite of what I believe. In recent history it’s been Johnson, Gove, Farage, Trump etc and that usually snaps me back to reality.

Similar to your post above I’d have a serious look at who’s agreeing with you and that should be a sobering realisation in itself.

Well I don’t know about that, what I do know is that my family is falling apart before my eyes.

6 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Hopefully this is the last lockdown but it will only work if it is properly policed and enforced. If a few 1000s were arrested and given big £1000 fines, word of mouth would discourage others. I’d set up road blocks on motorway slip roads and stopping cars with 2 occupants and asking where they are going. No reason for 2 or more people to be out in car unless they are car sharing on the way to work. In the same vein, arrest every fucker who goes on an anti lockdown protest and fine them. 

One thing this virus has shown us is that a minority of people dont give a fuck about other people. Our local park is packed every night with teenagers, parents and dog walkers all in big groups whilst our elderly vulnerable neighbours are terrified and have been shielding for months now. Drives me fucking mad. 

Shoot one on national television.

Job done. 

12 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Maybe, yes, but obversely, during restrictions in Melbourne no one was going near hospitals for anything other than suspected covid either.

It's not like lockdown ostensibly freed up hospitals to go about their other life-saving preventative work.

I'm a year overdue on my (hereditary) colonoscopy check-up, my pancreas ultrasound.

No one called me in during lockdown because the coast was clear.

I'm no opponent of lockdown - all this is a fairly imprecise science despite what "experts" tell us - but to suggest it has facilitated business as usual for hospitals, I don't reckon.