You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

9 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

This announcement is a big bag of nothing. 

Can't they give hard numbers on how many are going to be vaccinated per week? They must have an idea.

Setting targets is for professionals. 

21 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Unless you're doing something where people will be in your personal space, there's little point in wearing a mask outdoors. Indoors, it's crucial. Along with social distancing.

Well, okay, if you're standing in the middle of field.

But most of the time people are outside their house they're near other people. Walking down the street, waiting for a bus, whatever. Not just situations indoors.

But also, it prevents forgetting to put it on again and it prevents constantly touching your own mask. 

36 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I don't wear one walking from mine to the shop until I get into the village then I put it on. I'll walk in the road or cross if anyones walking towards me as well. They should be properly enforced in shops. Still get cunts without them who act quite aloof and lairy about it. To be fair most do, where I am anyway. 

That's fair enough. I guess I'm just surprised. Here you just wear a mask if you're outside your house. 

40 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Yes, but no, but yes at times and maybe, if you feel like it.

Transport and enclosed spaces there are supposed fines, but it’s a complete shitshow with, anecdotally in London where I work/travel through, 60/70% use.

Shops are supposed to enforce, but the major supermarkets said they wouldn’t challenge individuals.

As with everything Blighty, it’s been a mishandled, poorly messaged and managed clusterfuck.

There’s both personal and political blame though.

You simply wouldn't get in a supermarket here without a mask. The security guard, someone on a cashier, or just another shopper, would tell you to fuck off out the shop.

But as I said before, people wear them outside as well which prevents all the half arsed shit. People are bellends. Leave them wriggle room and they won't bother. 

What gets me is that I've cancelled my trip home each month since August and about to do so again, can't travel from our tier 3 down here to tier 2 but the hotels have let wankers in so they can have a bevvy or get some shopping in the sales, surely the hotels should of refused on the basis of where the guests have travelled from? Putting their employees in jeopardy too. 

I know there's worse problems for many but surely this hasn't helped at all. 

2 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Well, okay, if you're standing in the middle of field.

But most of the time people are outside their house they're near other people. Walking down the street, waiting for a bus, whatever. Not just situations indoors.

But also, it prevents forgetting to put it on again and it prevents constantly touching your own mask. 

Well yeah, depends what you're doing, but it's not mandatory like indoors. If you're walking alone down streets that aren't packed and you're simply passing people by, you don't really need a mask. If you're doing an outdoor activity like playing tennis, or hiking, you don't really need a mask.

It's a question of if people will be around you for sustained periods, but it's definitely not a question of "it's fucking weird if you leave your house to do something outside and you don't have a mask". 

3 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

It's a question of if people will be around you for sustained periods, but it's definitely not a question of "it's fucking weird if you leave your house to do something outside and you don't have a mask". 

But it's about the rules. Leave these decisions up to the public and you'll have predictably terrible results.

Tell everyone to wear a mask when they're outside their house and no-one can bullshit.

6 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

But it's about the rules. Leave these decisions up to the public and you'll have predictably terrible results.

Tell everyone to wear a mask when they're outside their house and no-one can bullshit.

That's true. It's a matter of logic, but unfortunately you can't trust some people with that. I'm not in an area where masks are required outdoors, only indoors though, so. 

5 minutes ago, A Red said:

I prefer to be optimistic, I've booked a trip to Iceland in March . If that works out well,  Aldi in June.

Just jump in the back of a delivery van and see where you end up.

Pfizer statement today

'Data from the phase three study demonstrated that, although partial protection from the vaccine appears to begin as early as 12 days after the first dose, two doses of the vaccine are required to provide the maximum protection against the disease, a vaccine efficacy of 95 per cent.

'There are no data to demonstrate that protection after the first dose is sustained after 21 days.'  

1 month of full lockdown in Ireland announced. Schools closed for a week more than originally planned. Worst day ever in Ireland for new cases. This vaccine really can’t get here fast enough and in big enough numbers so we can come out on the other side of this crap. 

• Upvote 1

My lads school not opening fot at least two weeks....shite.

He was really looking forward to seeing his mates.

Its the inactivity it leads to that is biggest worry.

My mrs is out at work all day and he is stuck here with me and i am working, so very little time to get out and do any exercise.

It was murder when off from March to September...gonna be same again.

The quality of the home schooling is garbage as well, a couple of bits of work on a crap site....absolutely no comparison to being at school....why the teachers can't hold virtual lessons over zoom i don't know.

Govt should be supplying laptops and zoom access to every kid affected, but lets face it these scumbags are happy for kids to have no food in their bellies so they are not gonna sort something like that out are they.

These rats in charge don't give a fuck.

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

That's true. It's a matter of logic, but unfortunately you can't trust some people with that. I'm not in an area where masks are required outdoors, only indoors though, so. 

Some people are exempt as they have breathing/respiritory problems.....so they dont need protection from a virus which carries its greatest threat to people with breathing respiritory problems.....

Plus, they absolutely have to be in Home Bargains to buy that doormat and packet of revels

3 minutes ago, an tha said:

My lads school not opening fot at least two weeks....shite.

He was really looking forward to seeing his mates.

Its the inactivity it leads to that is biggest worry.

My mrs is out at work all day and he is stuck here with me and i am working, so very little time to get out and do any exercise.

It was murder when off from March to September...gonna be same again.

The quality of the home schooling is garbage as well, a couple of bits of work on a crap site....absolutely no comparison to being at school....why the teachers can't hold virtual lessons over zoom i don't know.

Govt should be supplying laptops and zoom access to every kid affected, but lets face it these scumbags are happy for kids to have no food in their bellies so they are not gonna sort something like that out are they.

These rats in charge don't give a fuck.

Zoom had child protection issues, so they will be using another platform, if the school had strong leadership they would be doing this, if not it's on the school's leadership, though the Gov have issued no guidance. The problems come from those kids that can't physically access these things which sets the most disadvantaged back even further.

In regards to laptops the government promised this to much hooting and hawing, but quietly stopped the program and only hit 20% of target, shameful, but in keeping with these cunts.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Zoom had child protection issues, so they will be using another platform, if the school had strong leadership they would be doing this, if not it's on the school's leadership, though the Gov have issued no guidance. The problems come from those kids that can't physically access these things which sets the most disadvantaged back even further.

In regards to laptops the government promised this to much hooting and hawing, but quietly stopped the program and only hit 20% of target, shameful, but in keeping with these cunts.

As said a govt who don't care if kids have food in their bellies aren't gonna give a shite about this 

3 minutes ago, sir roger said:

My part time job involves a lot of shopping in various outlets from superstores to small cash and carrys, about 9 per week across Merseyside , and I can't remember the last person I saw without a mask on in any of them.

Are there big differences between different areas of the country, do you reckon?

The stats for mask wearing here are very different between north and south. 

11 minutes ago, sir roger said:

My part time job involves a lot of shopping in various outlets from superstores to small cash and carrys, about 9 per week across Merseyside , and I can't remember the last person I saw without a mask on in any of them.

Go to Home and Bargain in Seacombe, you'll be lucky to see more than a third of them wearing a mask.

11 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I've only ever seen 2 people not wearing a mask in all the shops I've been in.

One was a lad who was obviously mentally deficient in some way and the other was my fucking next door neighbour. We had words

• Upvote 1