You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

her brother is a paramedic and has got loads of the testing kits and solutions. Despite us already having had it a few months ago she got a test on xmas morning. Negative. Thought it would be but both of us still feel like shit. My chest is in bits. 

You only had it a few months ago didn't you? Never say never but it'd be very unlikely.

2 minutes ago, Elite said:

You only had it a few months ago didn't you? Never say never but it'd be very unlikely.

Yeah I know, his missus is really hot on the kids being protected regardless so she had to take one in the kitchen before she could go in and see them 

14 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Yeah I know, his missus is really hot on the kids being protected regardless so she had to take one in the kitchen before she could go in and see them 

A woman who takes one in the kitchen is to be applauded.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Not quite what I said, was it.

Be man enough to admit on the thread that you got it wrong. You even used the line "I was definitely wrong about that" you also had the cheek to say there's still 3 months of winter left. You said this will be gone by winter. You asked if anyone would be man enough to admit they were wrong. You got it wrong. You aren't man enough to admit it. 

1 hour ago, Geoff Woade said:

Would this fall under a normal private healthcare plan do you know? Would be pretty decent, get private through work but never used it so would be a decent perk.

Don’t think they fall under health care cover.

Cost £120 a piece, for what is effectively a middle man who gets an NHS test for you then prints a certificate for you.

They won’t take the NHS response.

It’s a bit a racket.

Good! 

Spain plans to collect and share with other European Union nations information about residents who decide not to get vaccinated for Covid-19, the country’s health minister said on Monday. Spain’s health minister, Salvador Illa, stressed that vaccination would not be made compulsory, but, he said, a register would be set up that would include all the people who turned down the vaccine after being called up for vaccination by Spain’s public health service.

“Vaccination refusals will be kept in a register,” Mr. Illa said in an interview with La Sexta, a Spanish television channel. “This is not a public document and it will be done with the highest respect of data privacy.”

Mr. Illa said vaccination was voluntary, but “we all see that the best form to defeat the virus is to get all vaccinated, the more the better.” Vaccination, he added, should be considered “an act of solidarity toward our loved ones and our citizenship.”

Mr. Illa’s comments came a day after Spain launched its vaccination program, with the goal of vaccinating 2.5 million people between January and March, all of them within priority health groups, starting out with residents of nursing homes and the health care professionals who care for them. But the vaccination plan has also become a political football. On Monday, José Luis Martínez-Almeida, the mayor of Madrid and spokesman of the main opposition Popular Party, blamed the government for “a shortage of information” about the vaccine, which has meant that many people are still reluctant to get it.

The vaccination plan should be “an exercise in transparency, not propaganda,” Mr. Martínez-Almeida said in an interview with Spanish national radio.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Good! 

Spain plans to collect and share with other European Union nations information about residents who decide not to get vaccinated for Covid-19, the country’s health minister said on Monday. Spain’s health minister, Salvador Illa, stressed that vaccination would not be made compulsory, but, he said, a register would be set up that would include all the people who turned down the vaccine after being called up for vaccination by Spain’s public health service.

“Vaccination refusals will be kept in a register,” Mr. Illa said in an interview with La Sexta, a Spanish television channel. “This is not a public document and it will be done with the highest respect of data privacy.”

Mr. Illa said vaccination was voluntary, but “we all see that the best form to defeat the virus is to get all vaccinated, the more the better.” Vaccination, he added, should be considered “an act of solidarity toward our loved ones and our citizenship.”

Mr. Illa’s comments came a day after Spain launched its vaccination program, with the goal of vaccinating 2.5 million people between January and March, all of them within priority health groups, starting out with residents of nursing homes and the health care professionals who care for them. But the vaccination plan has also become a political football. On Monday, José Luis Martínez-Almeida, the mayor of Madrid and spokesman of the main opposition Popular Party, blamed the government for “a shortage of information” about the vaccine, which has meant that many people are still reluctant to get it.

The vaccination plan should be “an exercise in transparency, not propaganda,” Mr. Martínez-Almeida said in an interview with Spanish national radio.

Yeah, fucking great that. Why not give them all a bell while your at it.

Wonder how the millions of immigrants living below the radar in Europe on shite wages, doing the worst jobs and living in some of the poorest conditions are going to be given access to the vaccine ? 

6 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Yeah, fucking great that. Why not give them all a bell while your at it.

Wonder how the millions of immigrants living below the radar in Europe on shite wages, doing the worst jobs and living in some of the poorest conditions are going to be given access to the vaccine ? 

Not sure. 

But, if they're not given access to the vaccine, then they're unlikely to be on the list of people who have been offered the vaccine and refused it, which the above article snippet refers to? 

It's genuinely bonkers that anyone would consider vaccination against a disease to be an infringement on their civil liberties. 

If we're gonna put this virus back in its box there's no point most of us being inoculated while there's sweaty simpletons wandering the streets incubating new mutant strains. We should go after them with Nerf guns with Oxford vaccine in the darts, Logan's Run style.

Special cases can be strapped to a special dart board and we can make a new version of bullseye out of them. Karen from accounts who spends too much time on Facebook gets a dart between the tits and the winner gets a caravan. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

her brother is a paramedic and has got loads of the testing kits and solutions. Despite us already having had it a few months ago she got a test on xmas morning. Negative. Thought it would be but both of us still feel like shit. My chest is in bits

My ailment today is a tight chest. Seems to be something new every day. This chest one though, had me stressed since about 5am.

Either that or I'm having a heart attack as well as having Covid, which would be some bad luck. 

4 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

It's genuinely bonkers that anyone would consider vaccination against a disease to be an infringement on their civil liberties. 

If we're gonna put this virus back in its box there's no point most of us being inoculated while there's sweaty simpletons wandering the streets incubating new mutant strains. We should go after them with Nerf guns with Oxford vaccine in the darts, Logan's Run style.

Special cases can be strapped to a special dart board and we can make a new version of bullseye out of them. Karen from accounts who spends too much time on Facebook gets a dart between the tits and the winner gets a caravan. 

So, these millions of people who wont have access to the vaccine I mentioned. How's that problem going to be solved ? 

2 hours ago, Geoff Woade said:

Would this fall under a normal private healthcare plan do you know? Would be pretty decent, get private through work but never used it so would be a decent perk.

I've got the same, but there's a £100 or so excess on the policy, so it's probably not exactly a perk.

Plus private's pretty shite, I used it at my GP's recommendation to see a consultant within 3 months when there was a 2.5 year waiting list here (to see the same fucking bloke, maybe if he'd spent more time seeing NHS patients, there wouldn't have been such a waiting list). It's pretty much the same as the NHS except not as brusque and it turned into a Kafka-esque nightmare when the insurers decided they didn't cover me and I had to go back into the NHS system. I'd been to three different private hospitals and none of them had proper IT, so my records were scattered around on paper.

Ex bread knife rang before to say her partner has tested positive. I picked the kids up from her yesterday and the youngest is feeling a bit unwell (washed out, sore throat and a bit of a cough) so I'd say Mr Virus in now firmly in the house.

Tests for all booked for tomorrow. 

Arse.

Just now, Stouffer said:

Ex bread knife rang before to say her partner has tested positive. I picked the kids up from her yesterday and the youngest is feeling a bit unwell (washed out, sore throat and a bit of a cough) so I'd say Mr Virus in now firmly in the house.

Tests for all booked for tomorrow. 

Arse.

Good luck pal

• Upvote 1