You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

40 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

The latest discovery is in Finland, traced back to someone who came back from the UK. 

Re: the fines, it's a bit rich they want to fine the public for spreading it with their record on it so far. 

Fair comment there, I thought it was found somewhere in Scandinavia a few months ago. 

13 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

That was directed a little more at the Fluter.

The point isn't that it's mutating, the point is the UK (like the US) has never attempted to shut it's borders and has allowed the virus in and out of the country as it pleases. Bit rich for the UK government to fine people for not preventing it's spread.

With regards to mutations, it would be slightly odd though that exactly the same mutation would be happening in different countries and continents. Viruses mutate in thousands of different ways, so it's not impossible that one mutation would form and spread from one country while other mutations would form in other countries. They'd only spread if travel were permitted and probably common from those other countries. 

Just now, TheHowieLama said:

Isn't there a travel ban imposed on the UK into almost every country in Europe?

I believe it's essential travel only. Problem is people aren't getting stopped when the definition of essential travel is questionable. 

My parents' carer is from a small country near Portugal (I always forget the name but cases have been low there apparently) and essential travel was permitted and isolation on return was not required. She went out there to deal with a problem with a tenant in her rented out property. She wasn't questioned at the airport at all. 

Also I don't think UK is stopping travel out, just some countries stopping travel in from the UK. If its anything like UK airports, I reckon people will be strolling through. 

Her daughter and boyfriend packed up and bought a camper van and headed for Europe a few months ago, first was France and last week they was in Portugal, on the beach, in bars with no sort of restrictions and enjoying themselves apparently, she sent a video. So fuck knows what's happening there as opposed to here, it just needs to fuck off regardless of what anyone thinks about whatever government in whatever country. Get the vaccine sorted ASAP as I'm sure they are, but then again some won't have it because of FB scaremongering and conspiracy theories that won't help anyone. 

5 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

I believe it's essential travel only. Problem is people aren't getting stopped when the definition of essential travel is questionable. 

My parents' carer is from a small country near Portugal (I always forget the name but cases have been low there apparently) and essential travel was permitted and isolation on return was not required. She went out there to deal with a problem with a tenant in her rented out property. She wasn't questioned at the airport at all. 

Just mentioned Portugal about her daughter being there. 

Just now, easytoslip said:

Her daughter and boyfriend packed up and bought a camper van and headed for Europe a few months ago, first was France and last week they was in Portugal, on the beach, in bars with no sort of restrictions and enjoying themselves apparently, she sent a video. So fuck knows what's happening there as opposed to here, it just needs to fuck off regardless of what anyone thinks about whatever government in whatever country. Get the vaccine sorted ASAP as I'm sure they are, but then again some won't have it because of FB scaremongering and conspiracy theories that won't help anyone. 

I'll get it, no questions asked at all. Problem is I have to wait until invited, which could be months. 

12 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

I'll get it, no questions asked at all. Problem is I have to wait until invited, which could be months. 

Same here, if anyone doesn't they could be barred from travel whether abroad or public transport here. Like a card of some sort. 

Papers please. Grim. 

her brother is a paramedic and has got loads of the testing kits and solutions. Despite us already having had it a few months ago she got a test on xmas morning. Negative. Thought it would be but both of us still feel like shit. My chest is in bits.