You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

Got out of hospital on the 18th after a 5 day stay for something unrelated to Covid but started feeling a bit ropey on Christmas Eve, not ill, but not right.

Ordered a home test kit yesterday, but can't use it til Tuesday because it's a Bank Holiday tomorrow.

Still don't feel ill, but it is just that little bit worse today.

I don't think it's Covid, there are a lot of viruses around and it could be any one of them, but safety first, especially with the underlying health conditions I have.

Fingers crossed.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Getting a little bit better everyday.

I managed to get showered and dried off without needing to first sit down, yesterday for the first time.

Baby steps but a definite milestone.

It'll come. I remember sleeping about 20 hours a day after coming home from hospital for a week or so.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

Got out of hospital on the 18th after a 5 day stay for something unrelated to Covid but started feeling a bit ropey on Christmas Eve, not ill, but not right.

Ordered a home test kit yesterday, but can't use it til Tuesday because it's a Bank Holiday tomorrow.

Still don't feel ill, but it is just that little bit worse today.

I don't think it's Covid, there are a lot of viruses around and it could be any one of them, but safety first, especially with the underlying health conditions I have.

Fingers crossed.

Fingers crossed its nothing too serious

Day 6 for me, starting to feel much better. Was still rough as fuck this morning, but as the day's gone on felt much better (after two naps and painkillers like). 

The worse thing for me was the aches and pains - whole body was wrecked. Couldn't really rest - it was either wander round the house and keep moving or just go to sleep, there was no in-between. Couldn't concentrate to watch telly or read or play computer games. 

I'm a few days behind the wife and my symptoms have mirrored hers exactly, it's uncanny. I can understand why the Chinese altered, manufactured and let it out into the wild to ravage its global rivals. I'M JOKING OF COURSE. 

• Upvote 4

19 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Whenever the 16m most vulnerable are vaccinated, what will be done with the rest of the population?

Will it be a free for all and expect people will just be sick, or more phased out vaccinations by ages groups? Focuses on schools and Universities?

The next step should be NHS staff, teachers and other Key Workers imo. Protect the people who have been putting themselves on the front line. 

• Upvote 4

I know some on here seemed to have had it, I think she has now and hasn't eaten for a few days with also the symptoms. 

Though I've read for the most part you should treat as the flu and take flu medication I was just wondering how long it lasted for those that had it? 

I told her to think about not going to her daughters for Xmas day for fucksake. 

7 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

I know some on here seemed to have had it, I think she has now and hasn't eaten for a few days with also the symptoms. 

Though I've read for the most part you should treat as the flu and take flu medication I was just wondering how long it lasted for those that had it? 

I told her to think about not going to her daughters for Xmas day for fucksake. 

Christmas is about 360 days away so she should be ok by then.

My wife had it bad for around 10 days whereas I believe it can fuck people up for months.

On 27/12/2020 at 11:08, Champ said:

I can’t understand them doing that. People are going to be desperate for food in a few days time. I’m working tomorrow and expect to be flat out responding to requests for financial help

Never known a day like it

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

Hopefully other countries will create a law that fines the UK government for spreading this new variant into their countries. 

Is that the case? Didn't it come from elsewhere, and why would you want the Government to be fined? I can't see the benefits of that. 

22 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Is that the case? Didn't it come from elsewhere, and why would you want the Government to be fined? I can't see the benefits of that. 

The latest discovery is in Finland, traced back to someone who came back from the UK. 

Re: the fines, it's a bit rich they want to fine the public for spreading it with their record on it so far. 

18 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

41,000 new cases just in England today. London hospitals starting to turn away patients. This is now completely out of control. I’m a 55 year old fat bloke who drinks too much with the odd bit of beak. I might never go out again. 

You're too old to do cocaine, mate. Give that a rest. 

19 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

41,000 new cases just in England today. London hospitals starting to turn away patients. This is now completely out of control. I’m a 55 year old fat bloke who drinks too much with the odd bit of beak. I might never go out again. 

The only drugs you should be doing are prescription ones. 

20 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

It's just the delayed 125th/126th of the first wave. Everything is fine!