You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

56 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Well that's wonderful.

Government scientists at Porton Down laboratory have been conducting experiments on the new strain, and have confirmed ministers' fears about it being far more infectious than the original strain of the virus."

Reports that Boris Johnson has called an emergency meeting to talk about the new strain, and to discuss more restrictions.

My dad, aged 73, has left the house four times, for medical reasons, since February. A flu vaccination for himself, a couple of times to accompany my mum to the hospital, for rountine appointments, and once when she had a fall and fractured her hip.

A couple of weekends ago, he began feeling unwell, cold symptoms to begin with, then feeling nauseous and fatigued. A week ago, he was admitted to hospital.

He spoke to my Mum this morning and told her he didn’t think he would be home for Christmas. I had a call from my mum, two or thee hours ago. She told me he is critically ill and is on a ventilator. Heartbreaking.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 19

1 minute ago, Tony Moanero said:

My dad, aged 73, has left the house four times, for medical reasons, since February. A flu vaccination for himself, a couple of times to accompany my mum to the hospital, for rountine appointments, and once when she had a fall and fractured her hip.

A couple of weekends ago, he began feeling unwell, cold symptoms to begin with, then feeling nauseous and fatigued. A week ago, he was admitted to hospital.

He spoke to my Mum this morning and told her he didn’t think he would be home for Christmas. I had a call from my mum, two or thee hours ago. She told me he is critically ill and is on a ventilator. Heartbreaking.

Really sorry to hear that. Hope he manages to pull through. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Fingers crossed for your Dad Tony really hope he pulls through 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Sorry to hear that Tony, rooting for him.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

So he has tested positive?

18 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Covid is turd.

Yer arl fella will be all over flashcore after beating it easy!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Sorry, I somehow forgot to include that bit. He collapsed at home and hit his head. He was admitted to hospital because his blood pressure was really low and his heart rate was erratic. He tested positive for Covid-19 four days later.

Fuckin hell man - do you think he was positive when he fell??