You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, Spy Bee said:

I was misinformed, it's 196 apparently, so double that of Liverpool.

EDIT. Oh no, that's Wrexham, the whole North Wales average will be less than that as Gwynedd and Anglesey are low.

Whats your daily source? The Dandy? 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Shit mate. If you've tested positive why do you have to test again? What are your symptoms? Shite timing although it could be worse if it was a week later. Get well soon fella 

They ask you to take the full test as a confirmation. To be honest, feel like I’ve got a minor cold but not much else and my temperature is low so I’m hoping it’s a false positive.

Pfizer chairman Albert Bourla told Dateline host Lester Holt that the pharmaceutical company was “not certain” if the vaccine prevented the coronavirus from being transmitted, saying, “This is something that needs to be examined.”

So just not sure if you can get re-infected and not sure if the vaccine prevents you from infecting others. 

Here is the way it is going in the States - you can be sure you will be asked to show this to get into pubs, restaurants, shopping centers etc.

The Department of Defense released the first images of a Covid-19 vaccination record card and vaccination kits Wednesday.

Vaccination cards will be used as the "simplest" way to keep track of Covid-19 shots, said Dr. Kelly Moore, associate director of the Immunization Action Coalition, which is supporting frontline workers who will administer Covid-19 vaccinations.

3 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

And people are called cranks for asking a few questions. 

Big difference between people asking if a vaccine will work and those claiming its intended to let the government monitor how often you take a shit 

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Big difference between people asking if a vaccine will work and those claiming its intended to let the government monitor how often you take a shit 

You know that's not what I mean.

Anyone who has raised a minor question about the vaccine (or any of this shit show) has been jumped on and ridicule has been attempted. So you are chatting bollocks there.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Anyone who has raised a minor question about the vaccine (or any of this shit show) has been jumped on and ridicule has been attempted. So you are chatting bollocks there.

I think you'll find its you who is chatting bollocks. The people who have been 'jumped on' are the ones spouting shite daily while people are ill and/or dropping dead. Fuck me Skids, everybody's got questions and rightly so. I can't think of a single time anyone who has posed a genuine question has been 'ridiculed' on this thread. I'm sceptical about the vaccine. I'll still take it though because something has to give and this seems the best option. You crank. 

16 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Here is the way it is going in the States - you can be sure you will be asked to show this to get into pubs, restaurants, shopping centers etc.

The Department of Defense released the first images of a Covid-19 vaccination record card and vaccination kits Wednesday.

Vaccination cards will be used as the "simplest" way to keep track of Covid-19 shots, said Dr. Kelly Moore, associate director of the Immunization Action Coalition, which is supporting frontline workers who will administer Covid-19 vaccinations.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Regarding the vaccine, there's only so much people can read the "it normally takes 10 years to make vaccines" point before they get annoyed.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

It's sad though isn't it that, like with Trump and Brexit, everything has to have battle lines now - even a disease. 

What I find intriguing is that it's even more complex than that. Witness how those who seem to hate Boris Johnson the most are the biggest champions of his key policy of lockdowns.

4 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

What I find intriguing is that it's even more complex than that. Witness how those who seem to hate Boris Johnson the most are the biggest champions of his key policy of lockdowns.

Countries have been locking down all over the world. Just because people might dislike the PM it doesn't mean that automatically every decision he makes will be the wrong one. Especially when it comes to health. Ridiculous comment. But you know that. 

• Upvote 1