You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

4 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

I posted my own covid test earlier on.

Symptom wise it's strange; I don't have a temperature but I'm freezing all the time, hardly eaten anything and I'm feeling totally exhausted and washed out.

This time last week I was with my mam in hospital, in a private room for 13 hours as covid claimed my little Ma. There's a very good chance I've got it I think and that terrifies me, any positive test would likely mean I won't be able to attend her funeral.

The whole thing is just heartbreaking, a colossal fuck up, criminally mismanaged nightmare.

You're in mourning mate. Hopefully thats what it is. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, John102 said:

Hopefully its not the virus and its just the body's reaction to the loss. I cant imagine how the thought of missing the funeral must make you feel.

Thanks John, I've got everything crossed that it comes back negative.

I've considered that too mate, last week and this whole week has been non stop and it's knocked hell out of me emotionally and physically.

1 minute ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Thanks John, I've got everything crossed that it comes back negative.

I've considered that too mate, last week and this whole week has been non stop and it's knocked hell out of me emotionally and physically.

It's going to mate. Hell of a few weeks you've put in there lately

• Upvote 1

I don't rightly remember tbh whether I've already posted in the thread to thank everybody for all your heartfelt condolences and outpourings of support, so let me do so now.

This place, The Mighty GF, has been like a second home to me for over a decade, the place is packed full of wonderful caring decent thoughtful people.

On behalf of me and my little family I thank you all. Words cannot adequately express my feelings of gratitude at this incredibly hard time.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 16

2 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

I posted my own covid test earlier on.

Symptom wise it's strange; I don't have a temperature but I'm freezing all the time, hardly eaten anything and I'm feeling totally exhausted and washed out.

This time last week I was with my mam in hospital, in a private room for 13 hours as covid claimed my little Ma. There's a very good chance I've got it I think and that terrifies me, any positive test would likely mean I won't be able to attend her funeral.

The whole thing is just heartbreaking, a colossal fuck up, criminally mismanaged nightmare.

My thoughts are with you mate, I'll keep my fingers crossed you're ok.

On 24/11/2020 at 00:08, No2 said:

Just watched a couple of minutes on Sky news about the Oxford vaccine. Putin would have been proud of propaganda. 

@Fluter in Dakota why did you neg this? More proof here that what i said was correct.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/nov/27/no-10-reportedly-wanted-union-flag-on-oxford-coronavirus-vaccine-kits

9 hours ago, No2 said:

I think it’s noise in the system. If you had a vaccine developed in France, and when you got it the vial had a french flag somewhere would you be arsed in the slightest?  I doubt it.  

This story, planted no doubt, gets people talking about a fucking flag instead of the cronyism that’s put billions in their mates pockets.  So it’s done it’s job.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

I think it’s noise in the system. If you had a vaccine developed in France, and when you got it the vial had a french flag somewhere would you be arsed in the slightest?  I doubt it.  

This story, planted no doubt, gets people talking about a fucking flag instead of the cronyism that’s put billions in their mates pockets.  So it’s done it’s job.  

The story in isolation doesn't bother me, the UK government wanting to attach themselves to a good news story in a year of nothing but shit is expected. I was bothered by being negged for pointing out a piece on Sky News was basically propaganda. It was blatant propaganda with no mention of any of the many concerns and a Royal rolled out for good measure. Their job is provide the news. The fact the Pfizer vaccine will be made in Belgium has to be a huge concern with Brexit a couple of months away, a news organisation should be informing its viewers they may be forced to take an inferior vaccine because the self same government are a shower of cunts.

19 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpool-mass-testing-programme-extended-19320937

Echo had it the other day that it was being extended, or at least I think that's what it says, awful fucking website, you struggle to get any information for due to all the fucking ads and pop ups!

Absolutely gone to the wall hasn’t it? I’m sure it used to be a good, informative local paper, with local issues and updates. It’s a fucking tabloid now.

2 minutes ago, Stickman said:

We’re fucked 

@Sky News
BREAKING: Prime Minister Boris Johnson has appointed Nadhim Zahawi as a health minister responsible for the deployment of the #coronavirus vaccine, Downing Street has announced.

They’ve appointed her to outsource deployment of vaccine, that should read.

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

Apparently South Korea has been able to trace 100 contacts for every Covid positive test. Our world beating test manages 2. They’ve offered to help, but I bet we decline.  

Also, this is great. 

Surely if every positive test results in only 2 for the UK and 100 for South Korea, that means that South Korea have more cases and deaths than the UK. UK wins. Right?

The people of Dover are pissed at the new restriction and are speaking truth to power and going at who is responsible for the appalling response, deaths and spread of covid in the UK.

Oh...

‘Scumbags!’ barked Lyn Beckett on King Street, in answer to the question of what accounted for Dover’s rapid rise in infection – it has gone from 42 to 267 cases per 100,000 in a month.

She was referring, she explained unapologetically, to east Europeans, whom she blamed for the spread. Dover has a relatively small migrant population but several people expressed doubts about foreigners adhering to the rules, including Malho, who is originally from Portugal.’ 

Yep, nailed it! 

Fucking idiots.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/nov/29/fear-and-loathing-in-dover-where-brexit-and-covid-meet

• Upvote 1