You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

39 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

So what's the score with the Oxford vaccine then, has anyone worked it out? Seen a couple of reports insinuating shenanigans, possibly with over-egging its efficacy. As with many things related to this crisis, it's hard to find a reliabel news source and know what to believe. 

The 90% efficacy was on the under 55’s.

Hmmm. This could have the hallmarks of the "British is best" style propaganda campaigns of yesteryear which had half the country driving shite cars. We're gonna get this one aren't we while the Americans get the good shit.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/doubts-emerge-over-oxford-covid-23072989

33 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Hmmm. This could have the hallmarks of the "British is best" style propaganda campaigns of yesteryear which had half the country driving shite cars. We're gonna get this one aren't we while the Americans get the good shit.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/doubts-emerge-over-oxford-covid-23072989

They have six candidates apparently. 

The UK government has developed a portfolio of 6 different vaccine candidates and secured access to 350 million doses to date, putting the UK in the best position for a vaccine.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/janssen-to-begin-covid-19-vaccine-trials-in-the-uk

2 hours ago, A Red said:

If you'd been prudent, pursued a sensible policy of cutting things out and acted sensibly you too might have been able to share in the moral profits of following her majesties governments guidelines.

Her Majesty is a fucking tramp slapper, stuffing social welfare up her cavernous clunge. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

Covid deaths have saved £600m on state pensions, say the Office for Budget Responsibility. The figure is being revised upwards. I wonder why The Tories were so keen on herd immunity at the start I really have no idea 

Cunts. They wont account for that when they give us the bill at the end of it all. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Something that's been niggling away at me since it was announced. Wonder what the trade off was ?

They're probably not alone but I see the BBC reported the drop in cases in Liverpool was due to the mass testing programme. So being the first city to enter tire 3 had fuck all to do with it then.

Maybe the Tories just chose Liverpool because of an overwhelming sense of love for Liverpool and all its citizens?

One thing that always gets on my tits with changes to lockdown rules is the news trying to solicit confusion and gripes for what is an extreme and unpredictable situation anyway. 

If you get put into tier three they find a landlord to (justifiably) complain about the fact they're going to lose income. 

If they're not put into tier three they find a doctor to talk about the "madness" of people going to pubs.

"So I can have a steak and kidney pie with my nan in the park but I can't go to the circus with my Foster kids?? Why health minister why!!"

This shit's sending Susanna Reid's kids to college and it's manufactured soft-shitery.

Look, do it or don't, just shut the fuck up about it. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

One thing that always gets on my tits with changes to lockdown rules is the news trying to solicit confusion and gripes for what is an extreme and unpredictable situation anyway. 

If you get put into tier three they find a landlord to (justifiably) complain about the fact they're going to lose income. 

If they're not put into tier three they find a doctor to talk about the "madness" of people going to pubs.

"So I can have a steak and kidney pie with my nan in the park but I can't go to the circus with my Foster kids?? Why health minister why!!"

This shit's sending Susanna Reid's kids to college and it's manufactured soft-shitery.

Look, do it or don't, just shut the fuck up about it. 

There are situations that are a bit more complicated : I teach people how to drive. I've been forced to stop by lockdown. Fair enough. 

Now tiers come in. In tier 2 car sharing is permitted. In tier 3 car sharing is not permitted. Some pupils are saying they're not allowed to book lessons if they're in tier 3. Tier 2 no problem. 

I live in Greater London, about 7 miles from the border of Kent. I sometimes work in Kent. I sometimes work in London. 

If lessons are allowed in tier 2 but not tier 3, that's going to get very interesting. 

6 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

There are situations that are a bit more complicated : I teach people how to drive. I've been forced to stop by lockdown. Fair enough. 

Now tiers come in. In tier 2 car sharing is permitted. In tier 3 car sharing is not permitted. Some pupils are saying they're not allowed to book lessons if they're in tier 3. Tier 2 no problem. 

I live in Greater London, about 7 miles from the border of Kent. I sometimes work in Kent. I sometimes work in London. 

If lessons are allowed in tier 2 but not tier 3, that's going to get very interesting. 

There's some very justifiable concerns but a lot of the stuff on the news is pure bollocks. Piers Morgan and the likes usually come out with spiel like "oh I can go to the pub but I can't see my deer old granny in a care home."

Well no, for fairly obvious and explainable reasons, which you're all too aware of, you cunt. 

It's this kind of "nobody knows what they're doing, nothing makes sense" talk that's led to people flouting rules IMO.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

There's some very justifiable concerns but a lot of the stuff on the news is pure bollocks. Piers Morgan and the likes usually come out with spiel like "oh I can go to the pub but I can't see my deer old granny in a care home."

Well no, for fairly obvious and explainable reasons, which you're all too aware of, you cunt. 

It's this kind of "nobody knows what they're doing, nothing makes sense" talk that's led to people flouting rules IMO.

He’s kinda got a point with these fucking jokers. 

3 hours ago, cloggypop said:

They have six candidates apparently. 

The UK government has developed a portfolio of 6 different vaccine candidates and secured access to 350 million doses to date, putting the UK in the best position for a vaccine.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/janssen-to-begin-covid-19-vaccine-trials-in-the-uk

I think our eggs are very much in the basket of the astrazenica one though of we want to get the national vaccinated. I think we have over 100m of them (2 per person) and 40m of the Pfizer ones (again 2 per person) and about half a dozen of the moderna ones as we only negotiated that deal at the last minute. And of course Pfizer ones still require us to buy more fridges. 

3 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

Haven't the British government also bought loads of the pfizer one?

5 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

The 90% efficacy was on the under 55’s.

I heard 70% was all cases but half dose with the first shit, so has the potential to improve with better dosage. 

It’s the second stage compared with the third from the others. I guess we will see. 

20 minutes ago, Numero said:

I heard 70% was all cases but half dose with the first shit, so has the potential to improve with better dosage. 

It’s the second stage compared with the third from the others. I guess we will see. 

Its something that was floating about earlier.

From what I can make out the mix up with doses which led to the break through and the 90% success rate was exclusively under 55’s in the first phase. 

That’s why they’re pushing for more testing before they give it the go ahead.

Here’s more detail, doesn’t mention the age thing, but implies problems.

https://www.wired.com/story/the-astrazeneca-covid-vaccine-data-isnt-up-to-snuff/

EDIT: Here you go.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/25/business/coronavirus-vaccine-astrazeneca-oxford.html#click=https://t.co/TvxMZTvRnZ

Towards the end of the article.

Then, on Tuesday, Moncef Slaoui, the head of Operation Warp Speed, the U.S. initiative to fast-track coronavirus vaccines, noted another limitation in AstraZeneca’s data. On a call with reporters, he suggested that the participants who received the half-strength initial dose had been 55 years old or younger.’

• Upvote 1