You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

4 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Worst deaths in Europe. One of the highest economic contractions in Europe. 

Our government have fucked this up on every level. And they're still ahead in some polls. Madness. 

And, a no deal Brexit is on the horizon. The Brexit cultists need to be put in their place and some leadership should be shown, with Brexit being postponed indefinitely. 

Unfortunately they have an answer for everything - they say that as the UK has the highest population per square mile in Europe that means we do not have the highest death rate in Europe.

I can't see Brexit being stopped now. Nobody is really challenging it and it seems as though if there is no deal agreed, Boris will simply roll the hard six and hope for the best.

13 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

Unfortunately they have an answer for everything - they say that as the UK has the highest population per square mile in Europe that means we do not have the highest death rate in Europe.

I can't see Brexit being stopped now. Nobody is really challenging it and it seems as though if there is no deal agreed, Boris will simply roll the hard six and hope for the best.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news mate, but we left on the 31st January 2020. 

Walking blindly into a shitfest with a bumbling idiot in charge, the only slight positive is that everyone else's economy is fucked too. You might need a microscope to see that slight positive though. 

29 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Worst deaths in Europe. One of the highest economic contractions in Europe. 

Our government have fucked this up on every level. And they're still ahead in some polls. Madness. 

And, a no deal Brexit is on the horizon. The Brexit cultists need to be put in their place and some leadership should be shown, with Brexit being postponed indefinitely. 

"world beating" 

36 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

It doesn't though. 

https://www.rt.com/news/507049-australian-kids-asymptomatic-coronavirus-antibodies/

A bizarre case in Australia has stunned medical researchers, after children of Covid-19-positive parents developed extremely effective antibodies without ever testing positive for the virus themselves.

In a study published on Tuesday in the medical journal Nature Communications, researchers discuss a family of five in which both parents contracted Covid-19 after attending a wedding without their children in March. 

Approximately one week after returning, the mother and father developed symptoms such as a cough, congested nose, fever and headache.

The entire family was then tested for the virus, but only the parents tested positive, despite ongoing close proximity to their children, all of whom tested negative. 

“It was jaw-droppingly amazing because they’d spent a week-and-a-half with us while we were Covid-positive,” mother Leila Sawenko said. 

The two sons, aged nine and seven, began to develop mild symptoms such as a runny nose, and the entire family was tested again. Once again, the children’s tests again came back negative. 

The youngest child, a five-year-old girl, remained entirely asymptomatic throughout the entire episode, despite continuous close contact with the parents, including sleeping in the same bed (physical distancing precautions were reportedly not possible in the home). 

The peculiar test results prompted medical researchers to ask the family to participate in a study, to which they agreed. Samples of blood, saliva, stool, urine and nose-and-throat swabs were taken from each family member every two to three days over the course of several weeks.

Or, maybe

10 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Don’t deaths lag a month behind ?  

I mean hopefully, but given it ends next week, and hasn't been as restrictive/closely adhered to as the last one, I'm doubtful we're going to see much of a reversal before Xmas when it's all guaranteed to go to shit again, anyway.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Duff Man said:

I mean hopefully, but given it ends next week, and hasn't been as restrictive/closely adhered to as the last one, I'm doubtful we're going to see much of a reversal before Xmas when it's all guaranteed to go to shit again, anyway.

Yep, my work is considered not essential so I had to stop working early November. It's felt like a complete waste of time as roads have been busy, school kids and parents with no masks on, shops busy. Now December is going to go crazy with Christmas shoppers, partying etc. 

I'm looking forward to not being able to work again in January while everything just carries on as normal. Lockdowns do work when done properly. This one hasn't been even close to a lockdown. Hopefully the numbers drop but that'sbeing wildly optimistic. 

Liverpool tier two, Manchester tier three, most of the north and midlands tier 3. They’ll receive £4 per head per month in assistance.

If that wasn’t gloomy enough...

‘What Tory MPs are really upset about this morning is the Office for Budget Responsibility’s “central scenario” at yesterday’s spending round, which was based on a vaccine rollout by the middle of next year — rather than the spring — and restrictions at high to medium until then, leading it to predict massive borrowing and unemployment. The OBR’s “central scenario,” which was used by the chancellor yesterday, appears to envisage most of Britain being in Tiers 2 and 3 until mid-2021, which is much more pessimistic than we were hearing from Johnson and Chief Medical Officer Chris Whitty earlier this week, when they implied things would be close to normal by April. On the PM’s 1922 Zoom call, he was asked by one MP about the Guido write-up of this story and why the OBR and Sunak appeared to be at such odds with him and Whitty. A source says he replied that the OBR’s numbers were “too gloomy” and he was in the mood for more optimism.’

For this is the winter of our discontent! 

On 24/11/2020 at 10:30, Bjornebye said:

Anyone who says that has no friends and is likely a massive cunt who talks to himself/herself when he's/she's folding their underwear 

I don't fold my underwear. 

On 24/11/2020 at 14:00, Mudface said:

I've heard Cummings-GoveWare Inc will be making the scanners for the chips they implant along with the vaccine. 

Well that's one less thing to worry about as everything those to are involved in always fucks up, so it will fail but they'll declare the scanners a huge success. 

2 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Liverpool tier two, Manchester tier three, most of the north and midlands tier 3. They’ll receive £4 per head per month in assistance.

I have never been a fan of Joe Anderson , but it appears that he has been far more astute than some others re Covid negotiations. I like Andy Burnham but it looks like the stand-off and 'king of the north ' stuff has left Manchester's recovery a long way behind Merseyside's and left a lot of his small businesses in a worrying place leading up to Xmas.

8 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I have never been a fan of Joe Anderson , but it appears that he has been far more astute than some others re Covid negotiations. I like Andy Burnham but it looks like the stand-off and 'king of the north ' stuff has left Manchester's recovery a long way behind Merseyside's and left a lot of his small businesses in a worrying place leading up to Xmas.

I think the trial of rapid testing, in-spite of its success rate, and subsequent psychological impact, has brought about the change is n behaviour which led to the decrease. Put that in Manchester you’ll get the same results, makes it feel more serious. Liverpool got the trial for whatever reason.

They’ve both been and will continue to be screwed, I don’t think a small reprieve for Liverpool should be enough to forget the tragic mismanagement from central government.

2 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

Nothing dodgy going on here obviously; An extraordinary scoop about a guy who ran a pub near Matt Hancock's home who is now producing millions of vials for Covid test kits. He had no prior experience in medical supplies when he sent Hancock a personal WhatsApp message offering his services. https://t.co/Ea6pjhDIQk

They just don't care do they. Starmer brought it up in PMQ's yesterday and yet again Johnson deflected it. So much for Gov Frameworks. It makes me sick that these twats will have sat there when this all kicked off thinking "get in can make a few quid here" while the rest of the country worked about jobs, loved ones, the future. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

They just don't care do they. Starmer brought it up in PMQ's yesterday and yet again Johnson deflected it. So much for Gov Frameworks. It makes me sick that these twats will have sat there when this all kicked off thinking "get in can make a few quid here" while the rest of the country worked about jobs, loved ones, the future. 

Hancock is a fucking sociopath. I'd like to know what qualifies him to be a health minister as he looks like he'd kill his gran to get her house.

3 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

Hancock is a fucking sociopath. I'd like to know what qualifies him to be a health minister as he looks like he'd kill his gran to get her house.

He's a robot, a face for goings on behind the scenes. I hope he gets pushed under a tube. Utter cunt.