You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

24 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

The worst of all the demographics are the people joyfully exclaiming 'lock down hasn't affected me at all hahaha', maybe you need to address your miserable fucking existence then.

Anyone who says that has no friends and is likely a massive cunt who talks to himself/herself when he's/she's folding their underwear 

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

Discussion on Vine now about countries (and airlines) mandating vaccines to travel. 

Should the government insist that anyone arriving in the U.K has a vaccine certificate?

Would those unwilling to have a vaccine change their minds if they weren’t able to go on holiday? 

The anti vaccine stuff is pissing me off. Imagine a year from now when this is hopefully all behind us, you go into casualty with a broken leg or whatever and A&E is still clogged up with 5G conspiracy bellends. They should go to the back of the queue IMO.

Someone offers you a cure, you refuse the cure, but then get sick. That's on you.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

The worst of all the demographics are the people joyfully exclaiming 'lock down hasn't affected me at all hahaha', maybe you need to address your miserable fucking existence then.

26 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Anyone who says that has no friends and is likely a massive cunt who talks to himself/herself when he's/she's folding their underwear 

That's me.  Without the "hahahahahaha" at the end and more of a "that's how pathetic my life is" instead. The result of having a 3 and a 1 year old with no family to help meaning myself and my wife haven't been out for dinner or an evening drink together in a little over 3 years, so all the social restrictions that lockdown caused had no impact on us.  

Obviously only talking socially here as my wife lost her job and I've had a big paycut.  

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

That's me.  Without the "hahahahahaha" at the end and more of a "that's how pathetic my life is" instead. The result of having a 3 and a 1 year old with no family to help meaning myself and my wife haven't been out for dinner or an evening drink together in a little over 3 years, so all the social restrictions that lockdown caused had no impact on us.  

Obviously only talking socially here as my wife lost her job and I've had a big paycut.  

I think a lot of people who have big commutes have enjoyed working from home too. 

5 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Remarkable. 

Hey, when you’re 16 and 11 months it’s illegal to drive, a month later it’s fine. 

Do you not think it's a big jump from being around only your family to standing with up to 4000 other people (depending on what tier level you have been placed in)?

Which is probably nearer the point SpyBee was trying to make.

9 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Remarkable. 

Hey, when you’re 16 and 11 months it’s illegal to drive, a month later it’s fine. 

Yeah, but at the risk of sounding redundant, very few people will be legal to drive on their 17th birthday, because there is a process you go through, which involves lessons and two forms of test. You don't just hop in a Ferrari and fuck off down the M6!

2 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Do you not think it's a big jump from being around only your family to standing with up to 4000 other people (depending on what tier level you have been placed in)?

Well that would only be allowed if the area was in Tier 1 or 2, i.e. with much lower rates of infection than now. Also, it's only outdoors and there would be social distancing within the stadium. The rules are daft and arbitrary (4000 people in Anfield would seem fine but the same amount in an 8K capacity ground would be nonsense), but you can see where they're coming from, they just need tweaking.

16 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

It's the reveling in it that's the issue , not so much it being the case.

12 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

4000 fans spread around anfield would not constitute a crowd, or even close gathering.

48 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

Yeah, but at the risk of sounding redundant, very few people will be legal to drive on their 17th birthday, because there is a process you go through, which involves lessons and two forms of test. You don't just hop in a Ferrari and fuck off down the M6!

I never mentioned driving alone. I said drive.  Which is correct.