You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

25 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Whats this? I only caught a bit of his waffle then Iain Blackburn calling him a right wing cunt. has he said pubs/restaurants aren't opening yet? 

Basically no hospitality for tier 3 of which a lot more places will be entered,  im guessing liverpool is a cert for it, the meal shit for tier 2.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Basically no hospitality for tier 3 of which a lot more places will be entered,  im guessing liverpool is a cert for it, the meal shit for tier 2.

Dont understand this at all.

I have an interest as my daughter has a restaurant , In tier 3 before the recent lockdown she was restricted to no household mixing and 10pm close  whereas now ( along with pubs ) if still in tier 3 , despite the rate coming down from 700ish to 200ish she can now only do takeaways. The last 3 weeks on takeaway only she has been running at 20% takings despite spending boodles on covid avoidance measures  and is wondering whether to even bother opening until after Xmas and if it goes much into the new year may not even open again, yet gyms ,all shops and hairdressers are now allowed to open. Doesnt make much sense.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Dont understand this at all.

I have an interest as my daughter has a restaurant , In tier 3 before the recent lockdown she was restricted to no household mixing and 10pm close  whereas now ( along with pubs ) if still in tier 3 , despite the rate coming down from 700ish to 200ish she can now only do takeaways. The last 3 weeks on takeaway only she has been running at 20% takings despite spending boodles on covid avoidance measures  and is wondering whether to even bother opening until after Xmas and if it goes much into the new year may not even open again, yet gyms ,all shops and hairdressers are now allowed to open. Doesnt make much sense.

Why would you expect it to make sense? The rules have been fucking mental all along. They just make it up as they go and I think they've decided they don't give a shit what damage they do to hospitality. 

• Upvote 1

I know there is much bigger stuff going on and people are suffering loss which makes moaning about restrictions seem stupid, but these new pub rules really hurt me personally...

I literally go out once a week to a small social club, not the sort of place that serves food (can barely get a bag of crisps, not that i want any when on the ale) and as result of the rules now it will remain closed.

Place is struggling badly anyway but we had been trying before all the restrictions started to breathe some life into the place, attract new members etc....feels like this is the last kick in the balls for it now and it will die - and leaves me with nowhere to go really - not interested in going the ale house to eat....well actually can do that with the wife and lad of course, but Friday noght 'down the club' was my night off so to speak.

Can see so many places going the wall and feel these rules are really unfair for social clubs/WMC's and drinking clubs.

As I say i know there are people dealing with much worse stuff, but our individual lives are our individual lives and the things we enjoy doing/are used to doing matter to us all.

It's clearly to help them ensure people can't break the no mixing rule so easily...

By sitting people down to meals you are really limiting the usual mixing would see in a pub...i.e. people playing darts and pool or snooker - people sitting talking, playing cards for example and the groups grow as night goes on.

Make pubs like a restaurant and you limit the mixing potential.

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

You can see how bad the virus is when you see the affect on Boris Johnson. I know he was an odd looking unkempt toad before but the fucking state on the cunt since he caught covid and he's obviously got the best medical attention.

I pity any microscopic organism unlucky enough to infect the bloated lying cunt

3 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

After having to cancel and re-book 3 times in the last 3 months we are hoping for Dec 11th but not sure what the rules are yet, needs to be Tier 1 or there's no point. Pissed  off with it, not been home since fuckin' February.

I know that people have worse problems but I need to get up and see family as you dont know what's around the corner when some are elderly. 

It'll end up me and our kid driving up for a quick visit and back, providing you can visit or travel? 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

You will be all right pal - just go out and check your eyesight for a few hours.

17 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

You will be all right pal - just go out and check your eyesight for a few hours.

Is that right?, Fuck knows what you're on about though, is that comic? 

The UK Government - true to form - are continuing to make a right mess of things. 

Master of Muppets Johnson has set the end of lockdown for Wednesday, 2nd December. DVSA have stated that driver training can resume on Thursday, 3rd December. Therefore anyone with a driving test on Thursday, 3rd December can take their test even though they have not been able to take lessons for a whole month. 

This is all fine. The head of the DVSA has stated it will be illegal to offer professional Driver Training during lockdown. Lockdown ends on Wednesday, 2nd December. DVSA say driver training can resume on Thursday, 3rd December. 

So can driving lessons go ahead on Tuesday, 2nd December as lockdown has ended or Thursday, 3rd December when DVSA say Driver Training can resume? 

They have had a whole month to plan. They are awful at planning. 

8 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Melbourne back open after;

- mandatory masks

- lockdown 

- sealed off by authorities 

Three months of lockdown really has been a bit of a pain in the arse.

First day of zero active cases since 1st March today though. As of yesterday we no longer have to wear masks outside, (still need them inside) which is good because I have a spotty face like a thirteen year old.

339C3B98-B705-41F2-8426-6D2E7392E39D.png

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

I'm wondering if they'll be more lenient on Liverpool because of the mass testing, they may well want it to look really positive and working so put us in tier 2, it's a lot more difficult to convince people of it's merit if they don't benefit from it, and rolling it out in other areas will be more difficult.

I hope not. I hope they treat us exactly how they've decided to work the tiers (whichever is correct - i think it will be tier 2). As much as I want everything open including pubs / restaurants for everyone, I'm sick of seeing Liverpool having one of the highest infection rates. You know what they will say though. "Look, look what we did in Liverpool and look how great we are" well actually all you did was test more people, there was no wonder cure from mass testing. 

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I hope not. I hope they treat us exactly how they've decided to work the tiers. As much as I want everything open including pubs / restaurants for everyone, I'm sick of seeing Liverpool having one of the highest infection rates. You know they will though. "Look, look what we did in Liverpool and look how great we are" well actually all you did was test more people, there was no wonder cure from mass testing. 

I just noticed a BBC headline yesterday was 'Covid mass testing in Liverpool sees 'remarkable decline' in covid cases, and there you have it.

• Upvote 1