You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

9 minutes ago, Elite said:

All the best CD, sounds life she's a fighter having dealt with all that previous stuff.

I echo this, they’re tough these older women. My mum had half her stomach removed due to cancer 2 years ago, she’s still going strong and is 81 now. 

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

My mother has more lives than a cat, she had a brain haemorrhage in her early 30's and spent 9 months in a hospice before defying all expectations and medical prognosis and leaving that place.

Anyway, some 40 years later, during the worst health crisis since the Black Death she's only gone a found various other ways to get herself readmitted to hospital.

The first time she was in overnight but this time she's now been in for 4 weeks.

I took a call from one of the hospital staff about an hour ago to tell me that me ma has now tested positive for covid. This is on top of the pneumonia and COPD, a CDIF bowel infection (caused by hospital surgeons when they botched my ma's gall bladder operation 18 months ago), extreme weight loss and dehydration and the hallucinations and delirium which go along with that.

We aren't allowed to visit, we cannot speak to my ma, we are completely in the dark.

To be honest, we're in need of a miracle if my ma is to beat this one.

That's terrible mate. Best thoughts and wishes for you and your Mum.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

My mother has more lives than a cat, she had a brain haemorrhage in her early 30's and spent 9 months in a hospice before defying all expectations and medical prognosis and leaving that place.

Anyway, some 40 years later, during the worst health crisis since the Black Death she's only gone a found various other ways to get herself readmitted to hospital.

The first time she was in overnight but this time she's now been in for 4 weeks.

I took a call from one of the hospital staff about an hour ago to tell me that me ma has now tested positive for covid. This is on top of the pneumonia and COPD, a CDIF bowel infection (caused by hospital surgeons when they botched my ma's gall bladder operation 18 months ago), extreme weight loss and dehydration and the hallucinations and delirium which go along with that.

We aren't allowed to visit, we cannot speak to my ma, we are completely in the dark.

Thinking of you buddy.  

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

She sounds like she's a very strong woman hopefully she pulls through it. Best wishes, mate.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for all your messages of support guys, it's very touching and greatly appreciated.

Still been unable to speak to my ma but I've just spoken to a nurse who said that she's still hanging in there and she's sleeping peacefully atm.

A consultant phoned yesterday, we had the DNR talk and she explained that in most people who test positive, the battle is won or lost inside 5 to 10 days. Because my ma caught it in Thursday, this weekend should be decisive in which way things go, but with my mother's other health conditions and infections the prognosis isn't good.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 14

10 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

25 people at least arrested for gathering to protest in town. And the worst thing is, they were just trying to conduct a peaceful prayer and petition the queen. 

Should have sent Prince Andrew down there in a helicopter, but instead of shooting rockets it fires cocks.

"Pray to this ladies!"