You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

I don't want to have a go at Skidders as I remember him as being an excellent poster and I'm sure he's going through a fucking terrible time financially but, fuck me, how do people get sucked in to this shit? That  Yeadon cunt is dangerous 

Was talking to my dad earlier who has terminal Cancer and had am ambulance last night as the glands on his neck ruptured and they thought he might bleed to death

Me and my brother can't come up to see him... he was very specific not to come up as he doesn't want any spreading or breaking lockdown.

I'm in pieces but I understand his wishes and respect them even though it's very difficult... might not ever see him again

This isn't made easier people spreading shit and believing lies spread by cunts like Hartley-Brewer, Farage and their pathetic hateful cronies

This isn't aimed at anybody on here... everybody deals with this in their own way and we're all suffering but I'd happily twat that Sikora and his gang

• Upvote 15

13 minutes ago, mattyq said:

I don't want to have a go at Skidders as I remember him as being an excellent poster and I'm sure he's going through a fucking terrible time financially but, fuck me, how do people get sucked in to this shit? That  Yeadon cunt is dangerous 

Was talking to my dad earlier who has terminal Cancer and had am ambulance last night as the glands on his neck ruptured and they thought he might bleed to death

Me and my brother can't come up to see him... he was very specific not to come up as he doesn't want any spreading or breaking lockdown.

I'm in pieces but I understand his wishes and respect them even though it's very difficult... might not ever see him again

This isn't made easier people spreading shit and believing lies spread by cunts like Hartley-Brewer, Farage and their pathetic hateful cronies

This isn't aimed at anybody on here... everybody deals with this in their own way and we're all suffering but I'd happily twat that Sikora and his gang

All the best, Matty. 

My issues with this whole conversation is that it mirrors the Brexit argument for me all over again - the side of the argument which I generally agree with is the side of the argument I get most frustrated with. 

Anyone who thinks otherwise is thick/evil/a brexiteer/a cunt. There’s no middle ground.

Also, Spy Bee gets some grief on here, but for me I look for some of his posts, as everything is all fucking doom and gloom in general, and here he is picking out the bits of the conversation that could give us a level of hope, and everyone is jumping on him and dismissing his opinions, and belittling him at the same time.

Wheres the love?

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, belarus said:

My issues with this whole conversation is that it mirrors the Brexit argument for me all over again - the side of the argument which I generally agree with is the side of the argument I get most frustrated with. 

Anyone who thinks otherwise is thick/evil/a brexiteer/a cunt. There’s no middle ground.

Also, Spy Bee gets some grief on here, but for me I look for some of his posts, as everything is all fucking doom and gloom in general, and here he is picking out the bits of the conversation that could give us a level of hope, and everyone is jumping on him and dismissing his opinions, and belittling him at the same time.

Wheres the love?

If the hopeful stuff was well sourced or actually backed by fact, it would be great. But you don't get brownie points for posting bullshit from grifters because it happens to be positive. 

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

It could be profitable to actually seek out businesses that have that Magna Carta shite in their Windows. They're obviously quite gullible and prone to believe all sorts of bullshit. So, they'd be quite easy to defraud. 

Get a high-vis vest on and carry a clipboard. Tell them that you're from the official UK Magna Carta authority and that in order to benefit from the freedoms of Article 61 of the Magna Carta, they need to officially register to the government's Magna Carta Business Scheme, that you're the official responsible for doing all this and you just need their business details and a £10 processing and registration fee. Upon registration, you will be sent an official Magna Carta exemption sticker to display in the window of your business premises. 

Happy days! ££££

0265C81F-6194-4D93-B004-3D2FDBBA5D2E.gif

1 hour ago, mattyq said:

Feel for you mate,

Best wishes for you, your family and your Dad.

If you want to see the reality of what’s going on in our regions hospitals then give this a watch. I can’t think of anyone more qualified to comment than the people working there and dealing with this. 

Nine critical cancer operations cancelled in the last month due to Covid stressing the system. Loads of staff off sick, staff redirected from operating units to other areas. How anyone can think the answer to this is to relax restrictions is beyond me. Luckily we’re still treating most cancer patients but if things get much worse that will change as they point out in the video. 

I understand people want positive news but it is dangerous to spread false positivity when parts of the NHS are at breaking point. It encourages people to relax and downplays the seriousness of this. 

• Upvote 7

7 hours ago, belarus said:

Wheres the love?

Don't know about you, but I find it hard to 'love' someone who takes £120 of someone's hard earned money providing something that he says doesn't do the job they're designed for.

Maybe there's some people who would love that though.

7 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Stockholm’s Director of Health has just told media that they have ‘lost control’ of Covid-19. Over the weekend, hospitalisations in Stockholm rose from 140 on Friday to 205 today.

https://nyheder.tv2.dk/udland/2020-11-02-stor-stigning-i-antallet-af-indlaeggelser-i-stockholm-vi-har-mistet-kontrollen

Good timing from ol' Nige- https://www.euronews.com/2020/11/02/coronavirus-nigel-farage-cites-sweden-as-he-relaunches-brexit-party-to-oppose-covid-19-loc

56 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

Don't know about you, but I find it hard to 'love' someone who takes £120 of someone's hard earned money providing something that he says doesn't do the job they're designed for.

Did the healing crystals he sent not work?

• Upvote 1

Just catching up on the last few pages and see that Heneghan has been mentioned. I know nothing about him other than what I saw on Newsnight a few weeks ago.

Now it could just be perception but fucking hell he didn’t come across well at all. You know the way scientists tend to be very considered and cautious with their responses? He wasn’t like that at all, he sounded like someone from the pub.

2 hours ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

"The job they do" is to make you compliant with regulations. I never once claimed clinical efficacy. How about the other 80 I sent you for free (and I paid postage for). You really are an ungrateful shithouse.

13 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

So here's the latest official figures for Liverpool with new cases and cases per 100k trending down. Zoe tends to be about a week ahead of the official trends and that's been trailing the wrong way for a few days in Liverpool even though the national figures are flat. 

Screenshot_20201103-072914.jpg

Screenshot_20201103-084013.jpg

Bad news, but only seems like a blip. Confirmed cases in Liverpool have been trending down since before Liverpool entered tier 3