You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

5 minutes ago, Jedd Drudge said:

If they could have come up with a dastardly plan to spread the virus even faster, while preying on people's love of cheap food then they couldn't have come up with a better one that EOtHE. Well apart from spraying each McDonald's burger with the virus directly. 

That and sending schools and colleges back, it's almost as if they aren't listening to their experts or are listening too well. Depending on how sinister you think the tories are. 

What about a ' drink out to help out' scheme when it eases off a bit? Half priced beer, a good ol dance and a sing song followed by a massive fight outside the pub at closing time. The coronavirus wont come near it if it had any sense.  

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, A Red said:

I think there should be another lockdown for as long as it takes to get us over the line. Then I think that I'm a cunt for thinking it because i'll be alright financially/mentally when plenty of others wont be. Its horrible.

I would cancel Christmas though

61f936bfc85eee960f49316a0dbe239e.gif

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

What about a ' drink out to help out' scheme when it eases off a bit? Half priced beer, a good ol dance and a sing song followed by a massive fight outside the pub at closing time. The coronavirus wont come near it if it had any sense.  

A great idea, you don't work for the government do you?

What makes the eat out thing even worse was the months and months of warnings about the extra dangers of covid to people carrying extra weight. Then allowing fast food establishments to be part of it all, it's hard not to scratch your head and wonder what the hell they were really thinking. Fatten them up for the winter return maybe. 

Anyway, tier 4 was considered for the north until it started to be a problem for the south, now they're taking it seriously and going to have a semi serious lockdown and that tier shite can get to fuck as it doesn't really work. 

Only way this would work is New Zealand rules and an effective track and trace system. We don’t have the political will for the first and we simply don’t have the second. So it’ll be more fudge and bluster, and a slow, steady stream of stories about how entitled cunts like Cummings have breached it.

20 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Only way this would work is New Zealand rules and an effective track and trace system. We don’t have the political will for the first and we simply don’t have the second. So it’ll be more fudge and bluster, and a slow, steady stream of stories about how entitled cunts like Cummings have breached it.

There does seem to be cross party entitled cunts breaching it. Some very seriously, with almost no repercussions. 

For me it's even more serious when it's members of parliament doing the breaching, these are the tossers voting on the rules and laws. If they cannot follow them themselves then they shouldn't be allowed to continue as an MP.

Coronavirus-covid-19-uk-news-2708943.jpg

Typhoid Margret travelled the length of the country on a train after she knew she had a positive result, claims there was hardly anyone else in her carriage. How she could have predicted that god knows. She demanded Cummings resign, but as of yet refuses to herself. 

Header_3334986_16.9.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Can the man not count? 

"Mr Corbyn added: “The arrogance of it is extraordinary. That you would drive all the way to Durham knowing that you have all the symptoms of Covid, with a child in the car, and then pretend it’s alright. And then to test your eyes, drive to Barnet Castle, it’s absurd beyond belief and it’s very strange the power Dominic Cummings seems to have over the prime minister.”

Pot, kettle and all that. 

Of course Cummings should have been sacked, if only to take away an easy excuse for the selfish among us. 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Well set out, not sure about this though-

Just this week, in fact, Sweden's state epidemiologist Anders Tegnell warned that chasing herd immunity is both 'futile and immoral' without a vaccine. He is not wrong, of course. Just look at Italy: Lombardy, which was the hardest-hit area in March, is suffering severely once again. The mounting body of evidence that antibody prevalence decreases over time is regularly countered with claims about ‘long-term immunity’ and T-cell immunity (often from people who don’t know what they are or what they do). Such claims are little more than clutching at straws: nobody knows how long T-cell responses last for (hint: they can dwindle too)

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I’ve just signed up and been selected for a

vaccine trial. You may begin hero worshipping me in 5,4,3,2,1 now! 

Fair play to you. 

Would you fancy starting your own thread when you get your first shot? 

I think it would make for some interesting reading. 

Best of luck with the trials. 

Just now, chrisbonnie said:

Fair play to you. 

Would you fancy starting your own thread when you get your first shot? 

I think it would make for some interesting reading. 

Best of luck with the trials. 

I guess I’ll have to have an antibody test first. But if anything exciting happens I will. If it’s just me getting an injection and then becoming a super hero it could be worth it. 

2 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I guess I’ll have to have an antibody test first. But if anything exciting happens I will. If it’s just me getting an injection and then becoming a super hero it could be worth it. 

Imagine that if they inject you with something and you can jump really really high all of a sudden. “He’s had it” “she’s had it” “he hasn’....oh woah weeeeyyyyy ! he’s had it” 

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Imagine that if they inject you with something and you can jump really really high all of a sudden. “He’s had it” “she’s had it” “he hasn’....oh woah weeeeyyyyy ! he’s had it” 

Dr Seth Brundle is conducting the trial. What could go wrong? 

5 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Have you ever seen Misfits? There's some ridiculous powers on that show that are hilarious. Hopefully you get one like this.