You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

3 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

3 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I was referring to Brownie; I don't know if HL has me on ignore too, but by the way he referred to me earlier I got the impression he wasn't a fan. Sometimes its just better to say nothing.

Just possibly, not everything is about me. Discretion being the better part of valour, and all that.

Point 1,

I don't have you on ignore, I don't know you. I may not like your politics or some of your opinions, but I'm pretty sure you won't like some of mine either.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion and if you decide to post yours on a forum, you have to realise not everybody will agree with you.

Point 2,

The sentence I have quoted "Just possibly  not everything is about me", are you implying that I am trying to somehow gain something from my family being ill?,  because let me assure you I am not.

I await your response. 

2 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

Point 1,

I don't have you on ignore, I don't know you. I may not like your politics or some of your opinions, but I'm pretty sure you won't like some of mine either.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion and if you decide to post yours on a forum, you have to realise not everybody will agree with you.

Point 2,

The sentence I have quoted "Just possibly  not everything is about me", are you implying that I am trying to somehow gain something from my family being ill?,  because let me assure you I am not.

I await your response. 

I fully agree that people can and will have disagreements, my issue is really with those who like to make it into something personal.

I can categorically state that when I referred to me, I was taking about me, and not anybody else.

4 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I fully agree that people can and will have disagreements, my issue is really with those who like to make it into something personal.

I can categorically state that when I referred to me, I was taking about me, and not anybody else.

Fair enough.

24 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

The worrying thing though is loads of people think it's not really real. I had a meeting this week with a bloke in London..he's a smart fella. Got a masters from I think Harvard and since he's been in the UK has 3 more degrees from Oxford. He is absolutely convinced this is all a world wide government conspiracy in order to oppress society, get us all tracked permanently and reset world society. People believe all kinds of madness and can't see the obvious in front of their eyes. This fella is convinced this whole thing would be over if they gave everyone 1 vitamin D tablet per day. When I asked why don't they do it, his view is because they don't want to. When I pointed out trump might be really happy to have such a cheap silver bullet to win the election, he can't explain that! Sadly, people are mostly going to believe what they want to believe and will take their news source from the avenue that supports that point of view. 

6 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Not surprised to see SD has been quiet and stayed out the thread the last few days but still pops in with a little rep to suit him. 

If you think fucking off on holiday to another country thats suffering during a global pandemic is the right thing to do then so be it. Not for me. I like to use common sense and a bit of moral decency. The government allow a lot of things that people don't do. Maybe it's just me. 

That said, the evidence coming out that those who travelled to Spain have now spread more of it and of proves my point. 

I understand your point mate, I really do, but I’m sort of in the thought process now that there will have been people allowed back to work on the flights, in the airports, in the resorts, who would have been beyond themselves happy because they were able to earn again. 

The more vigilant and distanced you are, the better, in terms of not spreading this shite, and it’s to be commended for sure, but I feel that if you live within the restrictions, it has a knock on effect to a whole range of other bits, mainly around quality of life and ability to earn and feed the family.

I don’t know. There’s so many ways of looking at it now. The easiest way for me is to follow the rules to the nth degree. It’s only the cunts meeting in huge groups and ignoring advice, like the mask knob heads, that I have an issue with. Even if you don’t agree with the guidelines, just fucking suck it up for a bit. I think enough has happened to let everyone is going through something real here. They’re the selfish cunts for me, not a family taking the opportunity to keep economies boosted, which increases the ability to financially support those who need to be shielded, while living within the rules and boosting their own lives and well-being.

The cunts who think it’s ok to flout and break the rules, either on the premise of “fuck that, I’m alright” or even the ones saying “enough is enough - I’ve sacrificed all I’m willing to lifestyle wise” can absolutely fuck off. The selfish, sent entitled, anti community minded cunts.

edit - oh, and the political point scorers, or the ones getting semi-ons because they predicted a second wave “and here it is” can fucking do one as well. Whatever walk of life they’re in that is too. Fucking tiresome. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Don't worry, they'll tell you.

Anyone heard from HowieLama recently? I'm not seeing his posts recently.

6 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

How do I tell who has me on ignore?

Ask them directly, if they don't answer you're probably on ignore.

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

The worrying thing though is loads of people think it's not really real. I had a meeting this week with a bloke in London..he's a smart fella. Got a masters from I think Harvard and since he's been in the UK has 3 more degrees from Oxford. He is absolutely convinced this is all a world wide government conspiracy in order to oppress society, get us all tracked permanently and reset world society. People believe all kinds of madness and can't see the obvious in front of their eyes. This fella is convinced this whole thing would be over if they gave everyone 1 vitamin D tablet per day. When I asked why don't they do it, his view is because they don't want to. When I pointed out trump might be really happy to have such a cheap silver bullet to win the election, he can't explain that! Sadly, people are mostly going to believe what they want to believe and will take their news source from the avenue that supports that point of view. 

Hmm...