You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

5 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I never said it was your prediction, I haven't twisted your comments. I simply quoted what you wrote. If only people would do me that courtesy.

I've no idea what people aren't doing you a courtesy for, as this thread has been unreadable for a while now. But it's a mess in an extremely serious event and so I don't want to be qouted by anyone as proof of anything in this shitshow to be honest.  Anyone, in any way talking down this pandemic (I'm not saying you are) or suggesting they know more than the experts (I'm not saying you have) need their fucking heads examined and then slapped about a bit.  SO I'd rather my posts are left out of it.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

Jesus wept, they've always got to make a quid out of it haven't they, even to the detriment of the public's health!!

this is why loads of the mayors have been championing the idea of the NHS track and trace comes locally and instead of pumping money into Serco, they can actually use experts who know what they're doing and at least any increase in staffing are managed and trained by people who actually know what they're doing. The tories lost interest as soon as the idea of redirecting money away from serco was raised as it goes against their backdoor nhs privitisation policy. 

1 minute ago, JohnnyH said:

I've no idea what people aren't doing you a courtesy for, as this thread has been unreadable for a while now. But it's a mess in an extremely serious event and so I don't want to be qouted by anyone as proof of anything in this shitshow to be honest.  Anyone, in any way talking down this pandemic (I'm not saying you are) or suggesting they know more than the experts (I'm not saying you have) need their fucking heads examined and then slapped about a bit.  SO I'd rather my posts are left out of it.

As you say Johnny, it wasn't your claim or prediction. So I'm not really sure what the issue is. But I'm sure I can make my points in future without quoting you, if it's that important.

4 minutes ago, Elite said:

Full lockdown incoming soon, there's no other option.

Alex ‘I’m going to have to level with you, it’s going to be tough, but because of those disgusting thick northerners we’re going to have to have a short, sharp ‘breaker circuit’ definitely not a circuit break like that enemy of the people, activist lawyer, Islington remoaner said, that’s a silly idea. I’m off for a Twix and a lie down. Godspeed’

31 minutes ago, Elite said:

Full lockdown incoming soon, there's no other option.

They should/would have announced it by now if they are going to do a full lockdown. 

They will just carry on locking down the whole country individually. 

I think its based on the David Moyes Taffs tavern way of winning. 

53 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

They should/would have announced it by now if they are going to do a full lockdown. 

They will just carry on locking down the whole country individually. 

I think its based on the David Moyes Taffs tavern way of winning. 

Call me a cynic...but I reckon they’re waiting as long as possible so they can then time a national lockdown to reduce numbers in time to let families mix for Christmas. 

Recruiters advertised for a £2,000-a-day boss at the chaos-hit Test and Trace system - with "experience of turning around failing call centres."

The eye-popping job advert was revealed hours after new data showed the privatised contact-tracing system had hit a new low, with more than 100,000 contacts not reached in a week.

Posted by recruitment agency Quast, the advert said initial contracts would run until March 2021 "and offer a rate up to £2000/day."

It said the successful candidate would have "experience (and evidence) of turning around failing call centres" and be "someone who has examples of quick wins".

Sweden has the best PR of any country in the world.

It’s expensive as fuck, it’s full of Nazi’s, it’s intolerant of anything that that isn’t tall, blond and hot and their suicide rate is about four in every three citizens. 

In relation to Covid their parliament had to apologise as it killed all the old cunts so the hot fit ones could drink craft beer in the snow and look smug and happy.

I don’t care if they have a park every five meters and their kids don’t do any testing until they’re 53, they’re miserable, insular, elitist, xenophobic pricks. 

As a weekend away though 5*.

• Upvote 5

7 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

It’s expensive as fuck, it’s full of Nazi’s, it’s intolerant of anything that that isn’t tall, blond and hot and their suicide rate is about four in every three citizens. 

In relation to Covid their parliament had to apologise as it killed all the old cunts so the hot fit ones could drink craft beer in the snow and look smug and happy.

I don’t care if they have a park every five meters and their kids don’t do any testing until they’re 53, they’re miserable, insular, elitist, xenophobic pricks. 

Stockholm is a great city when its not pissing down 

14 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Paid 43 quid once in Stockholm for two cakes and two brews. Maybe that's what they really mean by Stockholm syndrome.

• Upvote 1