You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

6 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Because the reaction that I mentioned happened in the past - dumbass.

You said "they've already occured". That implies closure. They are continuing. That's my point. Whatever, if you want to win on semantics, here's your medal.

Just now, Spy Bee said:

You said "they've already occured". That implies closure. They are continuing. That's my point. Whatever, if you want to win on semantics, here's your medal.

Re read it pal - 

the gubmints handling of the effects on the economy and the disinformation campaign about public health safety

Those have occurred. And they cannot be changed at this point. Humans are not good with uncertainty. The combination of Brexit/Trump (populism)/Corona is a haymaker. The effects will be felt for years, but the deed is done.

34 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

So it's okay for me to be called all the cunts under the sun, and for people to be snarky and dismissive, but if I dare to reflect that one tiny bit, I am out of line?

Okay, sound.

You know what, you quite often cast the first stone in name calling. Loads of us are guilty of the same but you act like people just go out to call you a cunt all the time and thats not the case at all despite you coming across like a complete one on this thread. 

You've admitted you made that remark about Ricos family in reaction to him 'sniping' at you. Thats pretty shitty. 

You still haven't responded to my link yesterday supplying the evidence you asked for about lockdowns working. Actual facts. You're all over the place on this thread. No wonder you get called a cunt. 

35 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

Reign it in you drama queen. 

I was talking about the mental health problems this was causing. Tory Boy decided to dismiss my comment completely because he knows some people who have got ill. You've lost all sense of perspective in this thread.

I haven't lost anything. I post in this thread a couple times weekly. You on the other hand, are obsessed and need to take a break. Call people that make fun of you cunts back and then leave it, for fuck sake. You have been absolutely unbearable.

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

You still haven't responded to my link yesterday supplying the evidence you asked for about lockdowns working. Actual facts. You're all over the place on this thread. No wonder you get called a cunt. 

You posted one link, to one study. What do you want me to say, that I hereby dismiss the other scientific studies woth findings which oppose the ones in yours?

3 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I haven't lost anything. I post in this thread a couple times weekly. You on the other hand, are obsessed and need to take a break. Call people that make fun of you cunts back and then leave it, for fuck sake. You have been absolutely unbearable.

The "you've" was aimed at the collective gand that exists in here. You may find blocking me helpful if you cannot bear me.

Just now, Spy Bee said:

You posted one link, to one study. What do you want me to say, that I hereby dismiss the other scientific studies woth findings which oppose the ones in yours?

I posted a scientific study full of evidence that lockdown works. Thats what you asked for. 

You haven't posted a single scientific study that shows evidence that it doesn't work. Not one. 

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I posted a scientific study full of evidence that lockdown works. Thats what you asked for. 

You haven't posted a single scientific study that shows evidence that it doesn't work. Not one. 

I posted one, and references to several others via newspapers links. If you can't be arsed Googling them, then fine.

4 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

I posted one, and references to several others via newspapers links. If you can't be arsed Googling them, then fine.

So you asked for evidence that lockdown works. I provide it and you are still saying lockdown doesn't work? Am I right here? 

• Downvote 1

Mate's sister and her husband and kid had it. Kid had mild symptoms and they were asymptomatic despite both being in their early 50s. Vaccine or no, if and when they discover why this kills some people and doesn't give others even a sniffle, whenever they find out what that commonality is, they'll be able to put this back in its box. It goes far behind commorbidities, it's like some people, a lot of people, have got an inbuilt immunity. Just a throughly bizarre disease.

34 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Mate's sister and her husband and kid had it. Kid had mild symptoms and they were asymptomatic despite both being in their early 50s. Vaccine or no, if and when they discover why this kills some people and doesn't give others even a sniffle, whenever they find out what that commonality is, they'll be able to put this back in its box. It goes far behind commorbidities, it's like some people, a lot of people, have got an inbuilt immunity. Just a throughly bizarre disease.

It's a coronavirus and they've been with us since before recorded history. A quarter of all common colds are caused by four coronaviruses and when each first appeared they probably initiated pandemics too. It would be entirely in keeping with precedent if this one went the same way. 

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

It's a coronavirus and they've been with us since before recorded history. A quarter of all common colds are caused by four coronaviruses and when each first appeared they probably sparked pandemics too. It would be entirely in keeping with precedent if this one went the same way. 

Yeah over time it probably will as it mutates, but in the shorter term this one does unreal damage to some people while others don't even know they have it, there must be some commonality in those people that can be studied, with that common trait turned into some sort of defence.

3 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Yeah over time it probably will as it mutates, but in the shorter term this one does unreal damage to some people while others don't even know they have it, there must be some commonality in those people that can be studied, with that common trait turned into some sort of defence.

Chances are a lot of people have cross immunity from other coronaviruses, that's what my money would be on. Genetics could play a part too.