You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

Just now, Spy Bee said:

16 days... no science behind it from what I can gather. I think it might just be a way that they can claim more money from central government.

i know you don't like it, but lockdowns (if implemented properly) supress the virus. it would seem to me if you have a 16 day circuit breaker, for those 16 days you will stop the virus growing and get the R rate down. 

and there is science behind it. SAGE have been recommending this as a course of action for a month - I think 23rd September. 

Just now, Spy Bee said:

It doesn't change much for me to be honest. I'm a key worker that doesn't go out that much. I just think it's shit for people who need to pay their mortgage.

it is shit for people who need to pay their mortgage. the government should absolutely put something in place to pay for it. 

Oh and it was the 21st Sept sorry ....

image.png

Yes, but the idea of a circuit breaker is total theory. It's never been done and nobody knows what the results will be. In the north west infections continued to grow when they were in lockdown. Because the national lockdown appeared to have good results everyone presumes they work, but perhaps infections fell because of the time of year and the seasonality of the virus.

4 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

16 days... no science behind it from what I can gather. I think it might just be a way that they can claim more money from central government.

Give it a rest. A couple of weeks isn’t going to hurt you. What do you suggest as an alternative, just carry on as things are?

I said months ago that the vaccine would be normalization and indifference. That is pretty much where we are - the public have accepted certain death rates. Think I posted anything under 1000 a day in the US and 200 a day in the UK will gladly be accepted by the gubmints, and I think they will knowingly fudge any numbers needed to keep it in that zone.

People have stopped listening.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

Yes, but the idea of a circuit breaker is total theory. It's never been done and nobody knows what the results will be. In the north west infections continued to grow when they were in lockdown. Because the national lockdown appeared to have good results everyone presumes they work, but perhaps infections fell because of the time of year and the seasonality of the virus.

so you are saying lockdowns don't work? despite all the evidence that says they do? 

5 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

fucking hell. honestly i don't even know where to start. 

image.png

It's just mental these oddballs chatting absolute crap about it. They ignore actual evidence then go and post something by someone who once completed an arrow-word in the saturday mirror saying we all need to get infected with it because mental health. 

Fucking idiots 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

It's just mental these oddballs chatting absolute crap about it. They ignore actual evidence then go and post something by someone who once completed an arrow-word in the saturday mirror saying we all need to get infected with it because mental health. 

Fucking idiots 

i actually get the idea when you stop and consider the only option is lockdown to control a virus and then you consider all of the negative things that comes with lockdown (of which there are many), you just refuse to believe life really has to be like this. I feel like that. I don't want to live like this and I refuse to accept we couldn't find a different or better path. And there is some evidence there are different and better paths and they all include fucking good lockdowns and then getting on with life - instead of half baked lockdowns, eat out to help out, loads of virus kicking around and adding a petri dish of school and university. There just has to be better than what these inept tory cunts are giving us. However, in the efforts to want something else and my absolute desire for lockdown to end, I realise the obvious that that's how a virus spreads, it's a very basic thing we learn just as children and clearly if we don't see anyone, there's nobody to pass it to. it is simple maths. To question if lockdowns work to me is the same as questioning do we really need oxygen, because right now nobody is really proving to me we need it. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Because they locked down when it was! 

It never was. 

2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

To clarify - it is not endemic anywhere. And never has been.

It is a global pandemic and will be for at least another 6 months.

I think you are using the dictionary definition, rather than the way it is used with viruses. Google Covid-19 and endemic and you will see it used plenty of times by professionals.

1 minute ago, Spy Bee said:

It never was. 

I think you are using the dictionary definition, rather than the way it is used with viruses. Google Covid-19 and endemic and you will see it used plenty of times by professionals.

Funny how if they back you up you’ll listen.