You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

11 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

You get dickheads through all of society.

But people need an aim and a goal to achieve and to see progress, otherwise they get frustrated and start breaking the rules.

So the point i was making is that Tier 1 is still a rule of six and restaurants and pubs shut at 10pm. There is nothing below that, so it the government expecting us to settle and be grateful for tier 1 as the aim? is that the new normal they keep banging on about?

Er yeah.  I don't think we're going back to old normal until there's a vaccine or very effective and easy treatment.   People would accept it better if there was consistent financial support for those that need it.

Just now, Moo said:

Er yeah.  I don't think we're going back to old normal until there's a vaccine or very effective and easy treatment.   People would accept it better if there was consistent financial support for those that need it.

And thats what i think is happening. They are holding out for mandatory vaccination, whether its for Bill Gates hobby chip or the opportunity for major tories to make a mint through big pharma. Whatever the reason they have been deliberately vague about how we exit.

On another note i think I'm finally losing my mind working from home. I am grateful to be in a job of course, but six months working full time is taking its toll on me now. And our offices won't be opening until spring next year by the looks of it.

5 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Burnham making the Tories look even more stupid ha haha.

Go Andy!!!

He did. But, a bit of saving face too. He knows full well that central government will just impose tier 3 restrictions on them anyway and was getting in before they do do he doesn't have to take the blame. Anderson and Rotherham probably should've done the same, in hindsight as, despite their statement of objection, it looks like they've sold their people down the river. 

20 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

He did. But, a bit of saving face too. He knows full well that central government will just impose tier 3 restrictions on them anyway and was getting in before they do do he doesn't have to take the blame. Anderson and Rotherham probably should've done the same, in hindsight as, despite their statement of objection, it looks like they've sold their people down the river. 

He has every right to under the circumstances. The government is attempting to share the responsibility without sharing the authority. There hasn't been an explanation from them as to why northern employees are only entitled to 66% of their salary and only if a business is forced to close. When this virus took hold in London and the SE we were plunged into a national lockdown with a far more generous 80% available to any business affected. More concerned about their core constituents in the counties surrounding London?

They really are a fecking talentless tone deaf bunch of ...... They could make this all go away by offering exactly the same furlough scheme as before but apparently the money isn't available unless of course you work for one of a multitude of management consultancies who in reality only exist to feed off government contracts and subsequently under deliver.

If there's one positive thing to come out of this then at least all those Tory voting muppets in the red wall are now learning what the Tories idea of levelling up actually is.

1 hour ago, clangers said:

He has every right to under the circumstances. The government is attempting to share the responsibility without sharing the authority. There hasn't been an explanation from them as to why northern employees are only entitled to 66% of their salary and only if a business is forced to close. When this virus took hold in London and the SE we were plunged into a national lockdown with a far more generous 80% available to any business affected. More concerned about their core constituents in the counties surrounding London?

They really are a fecking talentless tone deaf bunch of ...... They could make this all go away by offering exactly the same furlough scheme as before but apparently the money isn't available unless of course you work for one of a multitude of management consultancies who in reality only exist to feed off government contracts and subsequently under deliver.

If there's one positive thing to come out of this then at least all those Tory voting muppets in the red wall are now learning what the Tories idea of levelling up actually is.

Don't hold your breath mate. They'll blame "Scousers", the media made that clear yesterday. 

51 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Don't hold your breath mate. They'll blame "Scousers", the media made that clear yesterday. 

Yep.

Strange that there was no follow up story about how the majority of those in that Bold Street video ended up taking the party to a student accommodation block where the police had to be called to disperse them.

5 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Yep.

Strange that there was no follow up story about how the majority of those in that Bold Street video ended up taking the party to a student accommodation block where the police had to be called to disperse them.

And no outrage about Soho streets being jam packed last night either. 

19 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Yep.

Radio Merseyside were really hammering it yesterday, especially Snelly. Who needs enemies with friends like that. 

3 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

So is there a Tier 0? I mean whats the aim here? We've got medium, high and very high.

Whats the goal? Whats the accepted statistics to bring us out of the tier system? Or is the method just to get everyone vaccinated before they lift it?

They have seemingly introduced something that has no clear way out and allows them to continually play with peoples lives constantly and indefinitely until the public breaks and either gives in or goes rogue.

The short answer is when the virus is under control. Somewhere between 6 months and 2 years from now. 

21 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Yeah I heard that too. Who was his female sidekick claiming it was 1000s & 1000s of people ?

It's usually Kat MacDonald or Claire Minter. Not sure who was on yesterday. Snelly going on "why is it always us?". He didn't like it when someone sent a message in saying the media portrayal was out of order - he said they were just reporting the facts. I don't even know where to start with that. He's a bit weird Snelly, anyway. Likes the cheeky chappy best pal image but he's not really like that. 

2 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

I agree, but the best thing to do right now is make your peace with it. It's not going away any time soon sadly. 

Rapid testing kits will rapidly take the sting out of it and allow some return to normal life. 

I don't want to catch it, just like I don't want the flu each year so I take a jab for that.  I haven't made my peace with the flu, I had it bad once and it was fucking grim. 

Remember, people didn't make their peace with the 1918 flu either, they wore masks and lots of things closed for a winter or so, it took 18 months to get out the other side of that, but estimates around that it infected 33% of the world's population at the time, though enduring it during WW1 was an added problem.