You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

34 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

you know full well my opinion on holiday. I think it’s a selfish act to swan off during a pandemic regardless of being allowed. As yourself why ? The answer is profit. The government wanted people flying to rescue airlines but quickly realised our economy needed a boost so banned a lot of it again. The reality is it should have been banned until this has subsided a lot more. I have no doubt that the actions of dickheads is why we are in a second wave. Australia haven’t allowed anyone to leave the country since March 17th. Imagine boasting about having two weeks off fully paid after visiting somewhere with a higher infraction rate and potentially bringing that virus back. It’s selfish acts like that which I find morally repugnant. 

Go to the cafe, shops, parks etc by all means but wash your hands, wear a mask and use some common decency. 

It really isn’t that hard just to make a few adjustments for a short while for the greater good of everyone instead of being an arrogant “I’m alright jack” self centred cunt of a human being. 

The economy is not just about saving airlines. The WHO said the other day that it was the poorest people who were effected by restrictions, so where possible restrictions should now apply. I fail to see how going to the shops abroad is any different to going to the shops in the UK. You're drawing moralistic lines which make little sense. How about going on holiday in this country, could Stronts or myself have gone to the Lakes... is using the shop there okay (when no lockdown rules apply)?

You seem to like sitting in judgement of everyone like some kind of pious saint.

5 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

The economy is not just about saving airlines. The WHO said the other day that it was the poorest people who were effected by restrictions, so where possible restrictions should now apply. I fail to see how going to the shops abroad is any different to going to the shops in the UK. You're drawing moralistic lines which make little sense. How about going on holiday in this country, could Stronts or myself have gone to the Lakes... is using the shop there okay (when no lockdown rules apply)?

You seem to like sitting in judgement of everyone like some kind of pious saint.

Making things up again? Where did I say the economy is just about saving airlines ? Point that bit out please. I’ll wait. 

You asked for my opinion.

People can judge me.  It’s ok for people to have opinions different to your own you know. I know narcissists really struggle with it but people can think what they want. 

You continue to try and justify your actions. I’ll continue to witness a man who knows he is wrong but is too arrogant to admit it. Now as I’ve said before , put a mask on and fucking get on with it. 

LONDON (Reuters) - Scientists from Britain’s University of Oxford have developed a rapid COVID-19 test able to identify the coronavirus in less than five minutes, researchers said on Thursday,

The university said it hoped to start product development of the testing device in early 2021 and have an approved device available six months afterwards.

5 minutes ago, Jedd Drudge said:

LONDON (Reuters) - Scientists from Britain’s University of Oxford have developed a rapid COVID-19 test able to identify the coronavirus in less than five minutes, researchers said on Thursday,

The university said it hoped to start product development of the testing device in early 2021 and have an approved device available six months afterwards.

We get this about every two weeks and it never materialises. People are getting paid though no doubt.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Jedd Drudge said:

Twats.

2 minutes ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

Well, that's going to depend on two things:

1. Which of them he's done 

2. Which of them I've done 

Nope not at all. I'm sure you wear a mask, I'm sure that apart from going on holiday you aren't actually a reckless, un-caring wanker on a daily basis and I can imagine you using common sense when it comes to social distancing.

I think most of the stuff you post in this thread you don't actually believe, you're just so arrogant and that much of a narcissist that saving face means more to you than honesty on a football forum. 

I do see a trend in both of you. The way you ignore posts that prove you wrong in anything, be it SD claiming he was being called a super spreader despite that just not being true or Spy Bee's sources/articles being contradicted by actual experts. Nope, ignore, wait a while then go in with more utter bollocks. Purely a dense mechanism because you both took your families abroad during a global pandemic. 

I'm just glad Spy Bee is on your side though SD. Wouldn't want you trying to get him sacked again for disagreeing with you. 

17 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Nope not at all. I'm sure you wear a mask, I'm sure that apart from going on holiday you aren't actually a reckless, un-caring wanker on a daily basis and I can imagine you using common sense when it comes to social distancing.

I think most of the stuff you post in this thread you don't actually believe, you're just so arrogant and that much of a narcissist that saving face means more to you than honesty on a football forum. 

I do see a trend in both of you. The way you ignore posts that prove you wrong in anything, be it SD claiming he was being called a super spreader despite that just not being true or Spy Bee's sources/articles being contradicted by actual experts. Nope, ignore, wait a while then go in with more utter bollocks. Purely a dense mechanism because you both took your families abroad during a global pandemic. 

I'm just glad Spy Bee is on your side though SD. Wouldn't want you trying to get him sacked again for disagreeing with you. 

The new hands of warning.

Sir Ed Lister, the prime minister’s chief strategic adviser, apparently told one meeting of Greater Manchester leaders this morning: “We either do this jointly or it’s imposed on you.”"

Democracy ladies and gents, an unelected advisor telling the elected mayors of millions what the need to do.

Lying Tory cunts.

1 hour ago, Jedd Drudge said:

So it'll be ready for this time next year?  While we'll obviously still be in the pandemic next October, I'd hope vaccines will have well started by then and we'll be on our way out of it.  That'd be the pandemic 2 years old almost.  It kind of feels like they should be bringing in their timelines a bit?

Does anyone know why in Scotland you can only have the Covid test up to 5 days after symptoms starting, but 8 days in England?

Is it to do with each country's self isolation rules?  Or do they have differing beliefs on how accurate the test is after a certain point?  If you order a test in England on, say, day 7 would it be worth the paper it's written on?