You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

3 minutes ago, Geoff Woade said:

Genuine question, I’m not trying to stir up shit between you but Im a bit confused by the travel bit. 
If someone goes on holiday somewhere with lower infection rates than we have, isn’t that technically being safer than staying locally? Ok it might be on ‘the list’ but I’m sure we would be too so I’m not currently understanding the outrage. Especially when someone comes home and hasn’t got it.

If his aim was to just keep him safer then yes but thats not what the whole social distancing / common sense / human decency thing is all about is it? He lives in Wallasey an area that has had some of the highest rates in the UK consistently throughout this pandemic and thinks its ok to swan off potentially carrying it to a low risk area. I mean on what planet does someone think "yeah I should definitely do that". 

1 minute ago, Jedd Drudge said:

Ha, are you advocating people in high risk areas going to low risk areas? You do know that's how viruses spread. 

‘Ha, Fuck off’ 

No I wasn’t. I mean when people come home and then don’t self isolate so get the grand fine. Police put it on Facebook and everyone sticks the boot in and says they could have brought the virus home when they’ve actually been somewhere they’d be less likely to get it.

6 minutes ago, Geoff Woade said:

‘Ha, Fuck off’ 

No I wasn’t. I mean when people come home and then don’t self isolate so get the grand fine. Police put it on Facebook and everyone sticks the boot in and says they could have brought the virus home when they’ve actually been somewhere they’d be less likely to get it.

You mean like on a plane sitting together for hours with strangers during a worldwide pandemic? 

But yeah I sort of see your point, although by definition you shouldn't be travelling there because you've come from a high risk area and have potentially put the low area at greater risk. 

I'm not judging anyone for what they do, that's their business and conscience. The advice we have been given has been confusing most of the time. But there is common sense and there is selfishness and the latter appears to rule more often. 

If you don't want to be accused of being a selfish prick, leave it off social media and keep it to yourself. 

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

If his aim was to just keep him safer then yes but thats not what the whole social distancing / comments sense / human decency thing is all about is it? He lives in Wallasey an area that has had some of the highest rates in the UK consistently throughout this pandemic and thinks its ok to swan off potentially carrying it to a low risk area. I mean on what planet does someone think "yeah I should definitely do that". 

Better answer than the obsequious gimp   above. 
Sorry, my point was more about people going abroad on holiday to places with lower infection than here and then getting a coating if they don’t isolate like they are told when they get back. 
I understand why for the sake of others not to travel from a place of high infection to low.

• Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, Geoff Woade said:

Genuine question, I’m not trying to stir up shit between you but Im a bit confused by the travel bit. 
If someone goes on holiday somewhere with lower infection rates than we have, isn’t that technically being safer than staying locally? Ok it might be on ‘the list’ but I’m sure we would be too so I’m not currently understanding the outrage. Especially when someone comes home and hasn’t got it.

Not for the people where you're going, no. 

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Yep but I wasn't flying to another country, contaminating people with it unlike you.

You're off your rocker. You can't contaminate anyone with something you don't have. And there's nothing magical about crossing a border which makes you more likely to give it to people.

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

If his aim was to just keep him safer then yes but thats not what the whole social distancing / common sense / human decency thing is all about is it? He lives in Wallasey an area that has had some of the highest rates in the UK consistently throughout this pandemic and thinks its ok to swan off potentially carrying it to a low risk area. I mean on what planet does someone think "yeah I should definitely do that". 

Are you crackers? The area I was travelling to had an even higher rate than here, which is why I had to quarantine for two weeks when I returned.

If this country is happy to allow people to leave, and another country is happy to allow people to enter, there's no issue here whatsoever. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Jedd Drudge said:

You mean like on a plane sitting together for hours with strangers during a worldwide pandemic? 

I'm not judging anyone for what they do, that's their business and conscience. The advice we have been given has been confusing most of the time. But there is common sense and there is selfishness and the latter appears to rule more often. 

If you're going to be a selfish prick, leave it off social media.

Hahaha I know yeah. Posting pictures on here of it then having the cheek to say its none of anyone else's business. 

Each to their own like but I think it's a cunts trick going abroad like that. So many people have abided by the rules, used their heads, not been able to see loved ones yet an element of people just swan about like fuck all is happening. I wonder who the spreaders are. It's not the people who give a fuck thats for sure.

Its selfish fucking arseholes. 

5 minutes ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

People with covid, obviously.

Hands up if that applies to you.

Yep and it’s still here 9 months after you got it galactically wrong because selfish twats like you think galavanting around during a pandemic is ok. Shame on the lot of you. Selfish cunts. 

10 minutes ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

You're off your rocker. You can't contaminate anyone with something you don't have. And there's nothing magical about crossing a border which makes you more likely to give it to people.

Are you crackers? The area I was travelling to had an even higher rate than here, which is why I had to quarantine for two weeks when I returned.

If this country is happy to allow people to leave, and another country is happy to allow people to enter, there's no issue here whatsoever. 

You traveled with family to an area with a higher rate than here and you’re asking me if I’m crackers? Hahaha fuck me 

Idiots 

7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Yep and it’s still here 9 months after you got it galactically wrong because selfish twats like you think galavanting around during a pandemic is ok. Shame on the lot of you. Selfish cunts. 

I've complied with my legal obligations every step of the way. It's not really up to you to say that my behaviour is too risky, that's for the countries involved to decide. The UK has no problem with me going to Spain, and Spain has no problem with me going to Spain. The end. Everything else is hogwash.

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

You traveled with family to an area with a higher rate than here and you’re asking me if I’m crackers? Hahaha fuck me 

Idiots 

Yes, it's almost like I want to have a life rather than an existence.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

i have had it since it came out. about once per week it sends a message to say how many people you've been in contact with the previous 14 days. I don't know how it works that out if it's only bluetooth handshakes or if it includes venue check ins too - I am assuming just bluetooth handshakes, but my number has been over 180 each time, which really surprised me. It also sends out false alerts every few days saying you have been in contact with someone and when you click the alert there's nothing there. apparently this is a known bug. all in all it is pretty shite I think - and for my post code which is now in a "Very High" risk area, it still shows as just "High Risk". Useless cunts. 

That’s our World Class app you’re talking about. WORLD. CLASS.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

I've complied with my legal obligations every step of the way. It's not really up to you to say that my behaviour is too risky, that's for the countries involved to decide. The UK has no problem with me going to Spain, and Spain has no problem with me going to Spain. The end. Everything else is hogwash.

Yes, it's almost like I want to have a life rather than an existence.

I’ll have whatever opinion I want. It’s not up to you to tell me I can’t. 

Yeah that’s fair enough it happens to be my opinion that you have risked other people’s health to have that thing you call a life and in my opinion it makes you a selfish twat. 

Thanks. 

51 minutes ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

There's nothing right about it at all. It's none of your damn business where I choose to go.

28 minutes ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

It's not the leaving part -- it is the coming back. The possible consequences of which I am sure you were aware of when you left.

5 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

It's not the leaving part -- it is the coming back. The possible consequences of which I am sure you were aware of when you left.

If these non-existent consequences are so dire, they wouldn't let people in and out of the country. You seem to want me to arbitrarily decide, with no legal or scientific basis whatsoever, that going on holiday poses some gargantuan risk to everyone.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

If these non-existent consequences are so dire, they wouldn't let people in and out of the country. You seem to want me to arbitrarily decide, with no legal or scientific basis whatsoever, that going on holiday poses some gargantuan risk to everyone.

You brought it up. 

1 minute ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

The consequences are existent - you had to quarantine for 14 days and some folks are going to look down on your actions. Certainly you knew that was a possibility when you took the trip.

2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

The consequences are existent - you had to quarantine for 14 days and some folks are going to look down on your actions. Certainly you knew that was a possibility when you took the trip.

I don't really give a toss what judgmental nincompoops think; they're not allowed to burn witches any more.

• Downvote 1