You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

6 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Looks like Starmer does have a set...

It doesn't matter though.

Labour MP's in the north will argue against it, economy blah, and the Tory press (basically all the press) will paint a picture of a Labour crisis and that's the line Johnson will take at PMQs tomorrow. 

It doesn't matter. 

Put it this way, I've deleted Twitter and I'm going to largely ignore all this for the next few months.  Head down, be outdoorsy, be a more attentive dad, it's not worth the anxiety and stress.  Nothing we can do.  

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

Deaths over 100 for a day for first time in ages

143- Jesus. Some of that will be catch up from the weekend, but it looks like they were optimistic in saying that deaths would be 100 daily by the end of October, we're pretty much there already. Numbers in hospital and ob ventilators are rising rapidly too, and this dithering clown still won't do what SAGE asked for 3 weeks ago. It really is feeling like March all over again.

30 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I don't notice spalls in the city centre as much, its mainly homeless and smack-heads that cause the problems round there. I imagine going up London rd etc you will see more scalls. Mind you if you drink in say, the Bullring then its your own fault. 

Everywhere has its wankers. They just seem more dangerous in Liverpool. A complete disregard for anyone but themselves. See the twats on scramblers and quads flying up and down East Prescot Rd putting everyone else's lives at risk. Dickheads driving round chucking stuff at people from their car. Just absolute dickheads. 

Don't know the Bullring, I go in the Globe and around there usually though I do have a walk around Bold St, daytime, and I usually meet a mate in the Victoria Star, same owner as the Richmond, fuck London Rd, don't they call that the triangle or something? Other than I'm visiting family and mates in Bootle /Litherland. 

The Richmond isn't the same as when I used to go in for a bevvy with me Dad, it's different now hence I meet the mate in the Victoria Star as he knows the owners etc, cheap too, but the scumbags that hang around by the Richmond or used to outside that 24 hour shop opposite the Noodle place isn't very nice. 

Saying all this it's pissing me off I'm unable to get up there. 

I know it's a bit of an oldies pub but I do like the Globe, no divvies as such, The White Star too but there's some twats hanging around Matthew St. 

I've seen the cunts doing wheelies with no lids on when on the bus from our Jimmy's in Ullet Ave to Bootle, not sure the name of the road, someone needs to clip the cunts in a car. 

Sammy who was on here, who died last January, moved back from here 2 years ago, he went to Croxteth but in a nice housing thing and he was happy there, I used to meet him for a cheap one in the Wave which was ok at a certain time of day or up Walton Vale, some loons around there. 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I can already hear the sound of the goalposts moving 

I'll have to check Sugar Ape's checklist to see what the next handwaving will be, probably something about the deaths not being that high a number compared to something else. Tell you what though, all those people with colds and false positives are really creating a fuss.

21 minutes ago, Mudface said:

I'll have to check Sugar Ape's checklist to see what the next handwaving will be, probably something about the deaths not being that high a number compared to something else. Tell you what though, all those people with colds and false positives are really creating a fuss.

If a certain poster came on and said something like "I hold my hands up, I didn't expect a second wave, I was wrong" I would not only shit a lung out but I would fully respect it and it wouldn't really need bringing up again. 

More chance of Cummings apologising for visiting Barnard Castle. 

• Upvote 1

Briliant move by Starmer. It's basically a checkmate to him.

He knows Boris will not cave in and knows the situation will not improve as the same shit will go on day after day.

In 3 weeks time, Boris & Cuntservatives already shot reputation and credibility will be even more fucked when the NHS is rammed and the number of infections/deaths will have spiralled out of control.

• Upvote 1

Brilliant move in a shit fucking game though. Very simple to call the shots when its not on your watch. This situation would knock any government sideways as no one has a clue what the answer is medically or economically.

This proposed "circuit breaker" lockdown would see infections fall momentarily but then they inevitably rise once its lifted?      

• Upvote 3

Come winter this was only ever going to be possible to mitigate via an effective test and trace. No surprise whatsoever they’ve done his usual - grandiose, boastful remarks about how good it would be, which aren’t in any way credible or backed up, despite having months and months to plan for delivering it. He would have been tarred and feathered once upon a time, the hateful, utterly useless cunt.

8 minutes ago, Dave D said:

This proposed "circuit breaker" lockdown would see infections fall momentarily but then they inevitably rise once its lifted?      

Yes, but I think the plan would be to use the three weeks or whatever it is to actually create a track and trace system. Then use it from a place of "relative" calm as the numbers come down.

Obviously this would require the government to firstly have the will to do so, and secondly have the ability to do so. Who knows which is less likely.

2 minutes ago, Anubis said:

How can it be a circuit breaker if you’re leaving the schools open?

The schools are closed during it.

You extend the October half term by a week, meaning parents only need to find an additional weeks childcare, or if they’re off as well none.

When this was first mooted this was always the plan.

5 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

Come winter this was only ever going to be possible to mitigate via an effective test and trace. No surprise whatsoever they’ve done his usual - grandiose, boastful remarks about how good it would be, which aren’t in any way credible or backed up, despite having months and months to plan for delivering it. He would have been tarred and feathered once upon a time, the hateful, utterly useless cunt.

This week my brother, his missus, another mate have all tested positive.  I’ve spent time with all of them and none have been contacted by Test and Trace.  I’ve had a test which was negative as I shared a room with my brother for 3 nights.  I think that proves I had it in March. 

My brother is the spreader, he picked it up in hospital 2 weeks ago.  

1 hour ago, Mudface said:

something about the deaths not being that high a number compared to something else. 

Both Strontsty and the Spy have put forth the idea that there were 100k unrecorded cases a day during the peak - goes hand in hand with the "we're testing more" and the "approaching herd immunity" angles.

If you accept that then the deaths per cases just reported today would be in the top 10 worst days of the whole shebang.

6 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Yes, but I think the plan would be to use the three weeks or whatever it is to actually create a track and trace system. Then use it from a place of "relative" calm as the numbers come down.

Obviously this would require the government to firstly have the will to do so, and secondly have the ability to do so. Who knows which is less likely.

Track and trace should work in principle. But it requires intelligence and common sense in abundance- something that would seem to lack from Government, opposition, scientists, media and large swathes of the general population    

10 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Obviously this would require the government to firstly have the will to so, and secondly have the ability to do so. Who knows which is less likely.

For it to be effective, it would have to mean Test and Farce being taken off Serco and the other private sector retards and being handed back to NHS and local authorities.

Cuntservatives and Cuntings very unlikely to allow this to happen given them and all their mates are creaming off the £12 billion spent on it.

Test and Trace has always been the key to living with Covid if an when a vaccine arrives. Without it, we're screwed.

In summary, we're fucked.

8 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Both Strontsty and the Spy have put forth the idea that there were 100k unrecorded cases a day during the peak - goes hand in hand with the "we're testing more" and the "approaching herd immunity" angles.

If you accept that then the deaths per cases just reported today would be in the top 10 worst days of the whole shebang.

Aye, at Sturgeon's press conference the other week, she said that current case figures were estimated to be about 15% of the daily figures at the height of it, so it fits with the 100K unrecorded back then. Today's deaths are skewed due to the weekend catch-up, but yeah, it's grim. Especially when you look back 3-4 weeks when those who died probably first got infected- there were about 5-6K cases per day then, it's tripled since to over 15K.

• Upvote 1