You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

8 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I’ve no issue with the recommendation of a pay rise. I’d pay them more.  But voluntarily taking a cut is great optics. That’s why they won’t.  

4 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I’ve no issue with the recommendation of a pay rise. I’d pay them more.  But voluntarily taking a cut is great optics. That’s why they won’t.  

I’d pay the best people a fortune, as long as they are not allowed any secondary jobs, as they are responsible for the country ideologically and fiscally, I have no argument with that.

I do have a problem with them being so removed that they don’t even see the optics, just  another in a long line of fuck ups. They gave themselves a pay rise during two strikes by key workers over the past few years and this is in the same year when they’ll be a real terms pay freeze for NHS staff. 

29 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I’d pay the best people a fortune, as long as they are not allowed any secondary jobs, as they are responsible for the country ideologically and fiscally, I have no argument with that.

I do have a problem with them being so removed that they don’t even see the optics, just  another in a long line of fuck ups. They gave themselves a pay rise during two strikes by key workers over the past few years and this is in the same year when they’ll be a real terms pay freeze for NHS staff. 

I don’t want to row but they don’t award the pay rise, it’s an independent body.  

8 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Me and her still waiting for our results. Sent it off Thursday and she looked at the tracker which said it arrived with them late on the Thursday night. They said two days so hopefully find out today. Bot still feeling a bit shit but not anywhere near as bad as in the week. Haven't left the house other than putting the bins out since Sunday. I'm losing the fucking plot. 

Been a bit off form all week, I've had sinus infections on and off for the last year and it hit me during the week so after first bunch of antibiotics didnt touch it switched to another yesterday. GP referred me for Covid test just to be on the safe side at 10.30 am yesterday, got text an hour later to be at the testing centre in town (10 mins away) at 1.30. Drove in, had it done on time and got a text 24 hours later to say it was negative.  Great set up over here in fairness.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I think as I've said on here before, note how the likes of the Daily Mail and Express like to pile on "MPs" but not the government, or Johnson specifically. The Nick Farraris and the Iain Dales likewise. 

Cynically IMO it's an attempt to sow distrust in parliament itself, so the likes of the government can get away with more and more shit.

Imagine a situation where the likes of, say, Caroline Lucas, Lisa Nandy and Tim Farron, get branded "snouts in the trough" by "outraged of Bolton/Kent", yet said same people will tell you all day long "Boris" has been dealt a bad hand, don't have a problem with his Eaton and Oxbridge millionaire background, or the fact he's shoved his brother in the Lords, or the fact that haunted HB pencil on legs Rees-Mogg has get shell companies out the arse, or that we still spend millions subsidising the royals. 

That being said, this is a spectacularly bad time for MPs to get a payrise, but all the above still applies.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I think as I've said on here before, note how the likes of the Daily Mail and Express like to pile on "MPs" but not the government, or Johnson specifically. The Nick Farraris and the Iain Dales likewise. 

Cynically IMO it's an attempt to sow distrust in parliament itself, so the likes of the government can get away with more and more shit.

Imagine a situation where the likes of, say, Caroline Lucas, Lisa Nandy and Tim Farron, get branded "snouts in the trough" by "outraged of Bolton/Kent", yet said same people will tell you all day long "Boris" has been dealt a bad hand, don't have a problem with his Eaton and Oxbridge millionaire background, or the fact he's shoved his brother in the Lords, or the fact that haunted HB pencil on legs Rees-Mogg has get shell companies out the arse, or that we still spend millions subsidising the royals. 

That being said, this is a spectacularly bad time for MPs to get a payrise, but all the above still applies.

Mr Blair with a hammer blow to the head of the nail, as always...

5B5F3602-B2CB-457A-9E3F-9529EB265535.jpeg

80480E5C-7CC9-4138-8245-54AD057DDDE9.jpeg

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Been a bit off form all week, I've had sinus infections on and off for the last year and it hit me during the week so after first bunch of antibiotics didnt touch it switched to another yesterday. GP referred me for Covid test just to be on the safe side at 10.30 am yesterday, got text an hour later to be at the testing centre in town (10 mins away) at 1.30. Drove in, had it done on time and got a text 24 hours later to say it was negative.  Great set up over here in fairness.

Where the fuck is fairness?