You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

12 minutes ago, Stouffer said:

I installed the NHS app when it came out. Tonight I opened the app and before it loaded got a notification at the top of my screen with a COVID icon. I could only see the first half of the text, something along the lines of I had been in contact with someone who has tested positive (deffo not a WhatsApp or SMS). I tapped on the message and it opened the NHS app which looks exactly the same as it always does, green throbby thing. No "trace" of the notification anywhere. 

What the fuck do I do now; self isolate?

I've been all over Google and there's nowt, I can't even really tell what the app should look like if your supposed to isolate or there's no issue.

Is it and android notification, an error?

Absolutely shite. All I can do is phone the docs tomorrow for advice as the NHS TnT don't have tech support. 

Had the same, apparently that's to notify you on contact but that its not severe enough for you to need to isolate.

Apparently you'll get a separate notification for that 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Stouffer said:

I installed the NHS app when it came out. Tonight I opened the app and before it loaded got a notification at the top of my screen with a COVID icon. I could only see the first half of the text, something along the lines of I had been in contact with someone who has tested positive (deffo not a WhatsApp or SMS). I tapped on the message and it opened the NHS app which looks exactly the same as it always does, green throbby thing. No "trace" of the notification anywhere. 

What the fuck do I do now; self isolate?

I've been all over Google and there's nowt, I can't even really tell what the app should look like if your supposed to isolate or there's no issue.

Is it and android notification, an error?

Absolutely shite. All I can do is phone the docs tomorrow for advice as the NHS TnT don't have tech support. 

It looks like a general message when they are processing a possible interaction and that you'll receive an additional message telling you if it's a confirmed interaction and you need to isolate. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/RobbGray/status/1310824731432693760

• Upvote 1

Just now, littletedwest said:

Had the same, apparently that's to notify you on contact but that its not severe enough for you to need to isolate.

Apparently you'll get a separate notification for that 

Where's that documented though?

It seems like the Android and NHS code ain't talking.

31 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

Wrexham  obviously amongst them has had 8 confirmed cases with no new hospital admissions,  the whole of the lockdown area has had 37 confirmed cases now I'm not against lockdown if it's the right thing to do but this seems a bit OTT to me 

Infection rates presently at 36% of Vallance's prediction-that-was-not-a-prediction. 3 deaths in whole of NE & entire region shut down. Something will have to give either way during the next fortnight as we head increasingly towards Oct. 31st.

7 minutes ago, Stouffer said:

Also I've been on Google, NHS .gov and couldn't find shit.

Big up the GF massive.

I think the second paragraph might relate to the message we've received. It's quite vague though. It could just mean that someone who lives by you has tested positive. I've only used the app to check in to one place. The person I was with checked in to that place too, but doesn't live in the same area as me and they haven't had any sort of notification. 

Screenshot_20200929_214237_uk.nhs.covid19.production.jpg

10 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I think the second paragraph might relate to the message we've received. It's quite vague though. It could just mean that someone who lives by you has tested positive. I've only used the app to check in to one place. The person I was with checked in to that place too, but doesn't live in the same area as me and they haven't had any sort of notification. 

Screenshot_20200929_214237_uk.nhs.covid19.production.jpg

Ignore my post. The person I was with has had a notification too. But, he's fairly sure that you don't have to isolate unless you get a further message/contact ftom them. 

4 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

This is a useful thread. 

Apparently, the app will automatically generate a 14 day countdown clock if you need to self isolate. If it hasn't (mine hasn't yet and hopefully won't) you seem to be okay to go about your business. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/brad_lead/status/1310232226211262466

No countdown here, yet.

1 hour ago, Mudface said:

Most of North Wales going into lockdown from Thursday. I had a brief hope that I'd be able to get down to see my Mum there sometime in late October, but there's definitely no chance now. Looks like it'll be 18 months at least till I get to see her since the last time.

Yeah, my wife’s mum lives in Wrexham. The last time we saw her was when she came over to Dublin for my youngest christening in June of last year.  She was supposed to come across to us in November but had to cancel due to illness. So with her mum being a generally unwell 80 year old, my wife is probably looking at not seeing he for close to 2 years. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

This is a useful thread. 

Apparently, the app will automatically generate a 14 day countdown clock if you need to self isolate. If it hasn't (mine hasn't yet and hopefully won't) you seem to be okay to go about your business. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/brad_lead/status/1310232226211262466

It's the reply to that thread, the message with the red icon that I had, I couldn't see the full message though as it was a notification. 

4 minutes ago, Stouffer said:

It's the reply to that thread, the message with the red icon that I had, I couldn't see the full message though as it was a notification. 

He's replied to the reply with this, if you haven't seen it. 

It looks like you'll get an in app message, as opposed to a disappearing notification, if you need to take any further action. 

https://faq.covid19.nhs.uk/article/KA-01252/en-us?parentid=CAT-01029&rootid=

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

Yeah, my wife’s mum lives in Wrexham. The last time we saw her was when she came over to Dublin for my youngest christening in June of last year.  She was supposed to come across to us in November but had to cancel due to illness. So with her mum being a generally unwell 80 year old, my wife is probably looking at not seeing he for close to 2 years. 

Fuck, that's rough. Kind of similar to us. We usually see her at Easter for a week, then she has the kids for a couple of weeks in the summer and I go down for the last week. So last time was July 2019. 

While I'm feeling sorry for myself, my missus turned 50 this year, and we had a trip planned to New York in March and a country house in the Scottish Borders booked last week with half a dozen other couples- her school friends who were 50 this year as well. Both cancelled, along with the family holiday in July.

And you've got cunts whinging about wearing a mask for 5 minutes in a shop.

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Fuck, that's rough. Kind of similar to us. We usually see her at Easter for a week, then she has the kids for a couple of weeks in the summer and I go down for the last week. So last time was July 2019. 

While I'm feeling sorry for myself, my missus turned 50 this year, and we had a trip planned to New York in March and a country house in the Scottish Borders booked last week with half a dozen other couples- her school friends who were 50 this year as well. Both cancelled, along with the family holiday in July.

And you've got cunts whinging about wearing a mask for 5 minutes in a shop.

You've dodged a bullet with the Scottish Borders trip, multiply Straw Dogs by the Wicker Man then add a sprinkling of Deliverance & you're getting close.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Nelly-Torres said:

He's replied to the reply with this, if you haven't seen it. 

It looks like you'll get an in app message, as opposed to a disappearing notification, if you need to take any further action. 

https://faq.covid19.nhs.uk/article/KA-01252/en-us?parentid=CAT-01029&rootid=

Cheers hombre; really appreciate the info.

10 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

The mad thing is, we have hardly any cases in Wrexham.

Our MS Lesley Griffiths on Tuesday: “Wrexham is a positive example for the rest of Wales, with the town serving as proof ....an area can recover after a spike in cases.”
Lesley Griffiths on Wednesday :”there is a rising tide of cases in Wrexham .”

I have literally no idea why we are locking down. 

13 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

The mad thing is, we have hardly any cases in Wrexham.

I have literally no idea why we are locking down. 

It's very odd, both Flintshire and Conwy- where friends and relatives live- look low too. Are they worried of a spillover from the north west of England or something?

27 minutes ago, Mudface said:

It's very odd, both Flintshire and Conwy- where friends and relatives live- look low too. Are they worried of a spillover from the north west of England or something?

You'd think that might be it, but if you are from Liverpool or Manchester you can legally go and climb Snowdon this weekend, but if you live in Capil Curig, you can't!