You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

Personally I reckon the summer holidays blew a hole in the whole thing. I knew a couple of people who went to Cornwall and they both bumped into multiple people they knew, it's like the whole fucking country was there, the lakes, or airports. The whole concept of lockdowns was to stop people moving any considerable distance and spreading the virus so it could be damped down. Suspect this is why Spain and France are in such bad shape too. 

5 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Personally I reckon the summer holidays blew a hole in the whole thing. I knew a couple of people who went to Cornwall and they both bumped into multiple people they knew, it's like the whole fucking country was there, the lakes, or airports. The whole concept of lockdowns was to stop people moving any considerable distance and spreading the virus so it could be damped down. Suspect this is why Spain and France are in such bad shape too. 

Loads of people just fucked off abroad. 

57 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Highest UK daily death toll since 1st of July and...

well well well...

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/29/nyregion/nyc-coronavirus-uptick.html

• Covid was mentioned on the certificate for 1.5% of all UK deaths registered (i.e. may be contributing rather than prime factor);
  • The overall death toll in the country actually decreased from the previous week;
  • Total weekly deaths is broadly in line with 5-year average (+/- 2%); and
  • More than half (56.8%) of deaths were over the age of 80.

Worth looking at the picture in full when using to dictate how full society functions. Let's see how following weeks go.

51 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Loads of people just fucked off abroad. 

We've been full from 4th July. Had a 2 week booking in August that cancelled giving 4 days notice but filled with 2 x 1 week bookings within 3 hours, lots of people had cancelled foreign holidays. Cornwall is still pretty busy now.

9 minutes ago, Alex_K said:
  • Covid was mentioned on the certificate for 1.5% of all UK deaths registered (i.e. may be contributing rather than prime factor);
  • The overall death toll in the country actually decreased from the previous week;
  • Total weekly deaths is broadly in line with 5-year average (+/- 2%); and
  • More than half (56.8%) of deaths were over the age of 80.

Worth looking at the picture in full when using to dictate how full society functions. Let's see how following weeks go.

Thanks. 

Just now, A Red said:

We've been full from 4th July. Had a 2 week booking in August that cancelled giving 4 days notice but filled with 2 x 1 week bookings within 3 hours, lots of people had cancelled foreign holidays. Cornwall is still pretty busy now.

Oh for sure. Lots didn't. 

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Thanks. 

All good. It says much the same as we think we already know; all resources should be targetted towards keeping elderly in care homes & hospital wards safe & maintaining completely covid-free environments through rigorous PPE / testing of workers there. The government/council body negligence in those areas has probably contributed ten-fold to the number of fatalities than any other factor. Those arenas are where the nation/government has blood on its hands.

Just now, Alex_K said:

All good. It says much the same as we think we already know; all resources should be targetted towards keeping elderly in care homes & hospital wards safe & maintaining completely covid-free environments through rigorous PPE / testing of workers there. The government/council body negligence in those areas has probably contributed ten-fold to the number of fatalities than any other contributing factor.

Ok. Do you wear a mask in the shops? 

Just now, Mudface said:

Most of North Wales going into lockdown from Thursday. I had a brief hope that I'd be able to get down to see my Mum there sometime in late October, but there's definitely no chance now. Looks like it'll be 18 months at least till I get to see her since the last time.

Fucking hell mate. 

4 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Most of North Wales going into lockdown from Thursday. I had a brief hope that I'd be able to get down to see my Mum there sometime in late October, but there's definitely no chance now. Looks like it'll be 18 months at least till I get to see her since the last time.

That’s shit. And here’s me upset I only see my grandson about once every 2 or 3 weeks now.

I installed the NHS app when it came out. Tonight I opened the app and before it loaded got a notification at the top of my screen with a COVID icon. I could only see the first half of the text, something along the lines of I had been in contact with someone who has tested positive (deffo not a WhatsApp or SMS). I tapped on the message and it opened the NHS app which looks exactly the same as it always does, green throbby thing. No "trace" of the notification anywhere. 

What the fuck do I do now; self isolate?

I've been all over Google and there's nowt, I can't even really tell what the app should look like if your supposed to isolate or there's no issue.

Is it and android notification, an error?

Absolutely shite. All I can do is phone the docs tomorrow for advice as the NHS TnT don't have tech support. 

Just now, suzy said:

That’s shit. And here’s me upset I only see my grandson about once every 2 or 3 weeks now.

Yeah, it's not great. We live in Scotland now and she's in Flintshire, so it's not easy at the best of times. She's a former nurse though, so will keep herself safe at least.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Stouffer said:

I installed the NHS app when it came out. Tonight I opened the app and before it loaded got a notification at the top of my screen with a COVID icon. I could only see the first half of the text, something along the lines of I had been in contact with someone who has tested positive (deffo not a WhatsApp or SMS). I tapped on the message and it opened the NHS app which looks exactly the same as it always does, green throbby thing. No "trace" of the notification anywhere. 

What the fuck do I do now; self isolate?

I've been all over Google and there's nowt, I can't even really tell what the app should look like if your supposed to isolate or there's no issue.

Is it and android notification, an error?

Absolutely shite. All I can do is phone the docs tomorrow for advice as the NHS TnT don't have tech support. 

I think it could be an error, as exactly the same thing has just happened to me. Before it even opened the app properly. And before I had my bluetooth and location settings switched on. And I can't access the notification anymore. 

Just now, Nelly-Torres said:

I think it could be an error, as exactly the same thing has just happened to me. Before it even opened the app properly. And before I had my bluetooth and location settings switched on. And I can't access the notification anymore. 

I had bluetooth and location already activated, but the same outcome. 

I just want to do the right thing; but who can I ask, 111, 119 the Meekons?