You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

If that was anyone else I'd assume it was a joke. 

Mate ive got a 7 year old and a one year old. I worry about them every day. Not covid, just in general. I know I won't see them one day, whether our lives take a natural course or some other reason.

Covid is the 24th most common cause of death in this country at the moment and we are letting it take over. Its insanity.

1 minute ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Mate ive got a 7 year old and a one year old. I worry about them every day. Not covid, just in general. I know I won't see them one day, whether our lives take a natural course or some other reason.

Covid is the 24th most common cause of death in this country at the moment and we are letting it take over. Its insanity.

Insanity is people disobeying the rules. Gathering in groups of more than 6 despite being told not too, strolling round shops without masks on, generally being ignorant arrogant wankers. Thats insanity. 

Some of them dickheads on Saturday were spitting at Police. Fucking spitting at people !

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

You are one massive gobshite. 

Id like you to say that to my face. Bet you wouldn't.

If you want to sit at home and hide away and worry, do it, its your choice. You could step foot outside your door tomorrow and drop dead from a heart attack. no one knows when their time is here. So try and live your life as much as possible.

My dads just been diagnosed with Alziemers after sitting indoors for several months because he was told he was vulnerable. Thats several months of missing out doing things and seeing his grandkids.

Life is all about risk, you cannot escape it.

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Insanity is people disobeying the rules. Gathering in groups of more than 6 despite being told not too, strolling round shops without masks on, generally being ignorant arrogant wankers. Thats insanity. 

Some of them dickheads on Saturday were spitting at Police. Fucking spitting at people !

WHO THE FUCK MADE THAT RULE OF SIX?

Cmon you clever bastard give me the science behind six people? Give me the science behind why its households but not bars or the workplace?

Cmon, enlighten us all to your great inner knowledge of how all this works?

15 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Id like you to say that to my face. Bet you wouldn't.

If you want to sit at home and hide away and worry, do it, its your choice. You could step foot outside your door tomorrow and drop dead from a heart attack. no one knows when their time is here. So try and live your life as much as possible.

My dads just been diagnosed with Alziemers after sitting indoors for several months because he was told he was vulnerable. Thats several months of missing out doing things and seeing his grandkids.

Life is all about risk, you cannot escape it.

I absolutely would without even blinking. 

I think there is a time & place to throw caution to the wind. I don't personally believe that now is the time and I don't like dickheads playing the lottery with other peoples lives because they are too selfish to realise the impact they could be making. I don't see a gang of 10 people or people not wearing a mask and not giving a fuck as rebellious I see them as potential murderers. 

Sorry to hear about your Dad. 

14 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

WHO THE FUCK MADE THAT RULE OF SIX?

Cmon you clever bastard give me the science behind six people? Give me the science behind why its households but not bars or the workplace?

Cmon, enlighten us all to your great inner knowledge of how all this works?

What the fuck are you on about? I didn't make the rule, i think its just a random number picked out of thin air and the fact that they haven't locked down bars etc is purely an economical one. 

13 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Spitting at people is abhorrent. But we live in a society with its mix of the socially depraved, people with a screw loose. We can't even begin to try and understand how peoples minds work.

Yep. 

8 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Sorry for getting angry, been a crap year regardless of covid, personally anyway

Yep. 

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I absolutely would without even blinking. 

I think there is a time & place to throw caution to the wind. I don't personally believe that now is the time and I don't like dickheads playing the lottery with other peoples lives because they are too selfish to realise the impact they could be making. I don't see a gang of 10 people or people not wearing a mask and not giving a fuck as rebellious I see them as potential murderers. 

Sorry to hear about your Dad. 

What the fuck are you on about? I didn't make the rule, i think its just a random number picked out of thin air and the fact that they haven't locked down bars etc is purely an economical one. 

Yep. 

Yep. 

Thats my point. The two meter social distancing rule, the masks, the rule of six, its all a load of nonsense and not backed by any scientific proof that it works. Its all just made up as they go along.

I think tensions boil over easily in here. I don't want people thinking I'm a callous bastard because I'm not. I just don't know how we protect the really vulnerable from this without complete isolation which in turn is going to take more lives across the demographic eventually.

And my point is, theres still people dying out there of unrelated covid causes, and they are suffering more than most. Isolated in homes and hospitals, not getting care and treatment. Its unthinkable.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I'm almost at the point were I hope everybody gets it and are very ill because they deserve it. I deserve it too because I visited my missus mum on Saturday as it was her 65th birthday and she was alone. This country deserves the shits aswell. Even the gooduns. 

You should be visiting family. Its a inhumane rule to cut us off from our families. If the more vulnerable members of the family are happy with the risk, you should see each other. You may not be around tomorrow.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Thats my point. The two meter social distancing rule, the masks, the rule of six, its all a load of nonsense and not backed by any scientific proof that it works. Its all just made up as they go along.

I think tensions boil over easily in here. I don't want people thinking I'm a callous bastard because I'm not. I just don't know how we protect the really vulnerable from this without complete isolation which in turn is going to take more lives across the demographic eventually.

And my point is, theres still people dying out there of unrelated covid causes, and they are suffering more than most. Isolated in homes and hospitals, not getting care and treatment. Its unthinkable.

It stands to reason that a smaller group reduces the spread of infection, as does wearing a mask and social distancing. You don't need science to prove that its basic common sense. Does it eradicate it? No of course not but 50 people crammed into a room without masks on is going to do far more damage. 

10 minutes ago, skend04 said:

What's the rules with finger banging your date during this time. I reckon if 1m away and wearing a mask I should be okay yeah? 

I've got long arms so I reckon it's achievable. 

This is what glory holes were invented for. Not for Rapey to get a nosh off Christopher Maloney but for fingering during a pandemic. 

30 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

The problem is if you do just let it rip, you stand the chance of overwhelming hospitals and killing or incapacitating health workers, thus making things a whole lot worse. Plus, you're still going to have to isolate the most vulnerable- particularly in care homes- so they're going to be in the same situation as they are now. That's before you even consider nasty stuff like long-Covid, where a significant percentage of people are still ill months after the initial infection.

As for the rules, they're a hodgepodge of sensible and stupid ideas and seem to have been cooked up on the back of theoretical models and actuarial figures. To take one example, either close pubs completely and compensate them financially or let them stay open as normal. Trying this ridiculous middle ground of shutting at ten is the worst of both worlds with a load of unintended but entirely foreseeable consequences- something this shithouse of a government seems very adept at doing.

• Upvote 2