You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

13 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Social media is the problem. If you watch a conspiracy video on YouTube you get profiled and they start sending you more, you'll also start getting bespoke favebook ads for shit like alternative medicine. It's brainwashing pure and simple.

Correct. I didn’t even support Liverpool when I first came on here, I was just looking for the best place to hunt squesants 

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

The plan is going exactly to plan then. Except for the most important bit.

The vaccine. 

Yeah, it seems pretty quiet on that front. Although I did think it interesting a few weeks back the CDC and whitty said pretty much the same within the space of a few days - end of Oct /early November for high priority people and probably mid next year by the time it gets to the general population. But if they can get to the people who are shielding and vulnerable pretty quickly (and people in high contact jobs such as the NHS, bus drivers, teachers), so this would mean less deaths, it surely makes sense we don't have distance quite so much?

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Another protest in London from the ‘tards for Icke movement. 

The police have been speaking in advance of the event.

’Police said some organisers had done so but where this had not happened the Met will “increase their engagement and encourage attendees to disperse”

Have you ever read a better way around saying ‘crack some skulls’? Glorious attempt at a politically correct clubbing.

Didn’t that dense fuck Johnson buy some water cannon whilst he was Mayor. Time to test them out on Icke and his bellends 

7 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Uni halls seem like a pretty grim place to be atm. Again, given that it was entirely predictable, you have to wonder what the thinking was. I'm going with student accommodation is highly profitable.

The thinking is herd immunity. The kids are away from their families and basically infecting lots and lots of other young people. And if there's some collateral damage by passing it onto local students who go home to parents or grandparents or staff which ends up killing people, no issue providing the hospital's don't get over run. 

8 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

The thinking is herd immunity. The kids are away from their families and basically infecting lots and lots of other young people. And if there's some collateral damage by passing it onto local students who go home to parents or grandparents or staff which ends up killing people, no issue providing the hospital's don't get over run. 

Yes that and digs being highly profitable.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Duff Man said:

Uni halls seem like a pretty grim place to be atm. Again, given that it was entirely predictable, you have to wonder what the thinking was. I'm going with student accommodation is highly profitable.

Just had this from my friend whose son went off to Glasgow last week

‘Four kids we know have it. And 9 of one of their flat mates. For the first few days A’s flat was the only one that didn’t have it, but yesterday 2 tested positive! So he says it’s inevitable he will get it if he hasn’t already. He hasn’t gone for test yet, cos he has no symptoms. At mo he seems ok within himself, but apparently told my sister he is going to come home as soon as allowed.‘

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Champ said:

Just had this from my friend whose son went off to Glasgow last week

‘Four kids we know have it. And 9 of one of their flat mates. For the first few days A’s flat was the only one that didn’t have it, but yesterday 2 tested positive! So he says it’s inevitable he will get it if he hasn’t already. He hasn’t gone for test yet, cos he has no symptoms. At mo he seems ok within himself, but apparently told my sister he is going to come home as soon as allowed.‘

I think drop out rates will be insanely high. Difficult to imagine a better set of conditions for absolutely ruining a young person's mental health.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

Students, the only demographic it's acceptable to keep confined in quarters because of covid.

I feel so sorry for them, university is supposed to be the time of their lives, instead they're having to suffer through some hapless pastiche of East Germany. 

Well if dickheads didn't keep breaking the rules......