You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

18 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Fucking hell, the size of those rooms too, it would literally be like being in prison.

Can't fathom why you wouldn't defer in these circumstances, no shagging, no drinking, zoom lectures which you can probably find on YouTube for cheaper than nine grand a year. These poor kids have been had.

My eldest had his first year at Uni last year. We paid his rent to help him out so he could concentrate on studies and enjoying Uni life- £6K for 9 months for a pokey, basic room which looked worse than the place I was in in the early '90s. For this year, he's got a flat with his mates- rooms are at least twice the size, massive bathroom and well-equipped kitchen, it's barely 100 yards from his old campus room and it's half the price. It's absolutely infuriating that these money-grabbing wankers appear to have done absolutely fuck all to protect kids moving away from home for the first time. No contingency plan for this inevitability, nothing. Where's the duty of care?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mudface said:

My eldest had his first year at Uni last year. We paid his rent to help him out so he could concentrate on studies and enjoying Uni life- £6K for 9 months for a pokey, basic room which looked worse than the place I was in in the early '90s. For this year, he's got a flat with his mates- rooms are at least twice the size, massive bathroom and well-equipped kitchen, it's barely 100 yards from his old campus room and it's half the price. It's absolutely infuriating that these money-grabbing wankers appear to have done absolutely fuck all to protect kids moving away from home for the first time. No contingency plan for this inevitability, nothing. Where's the duty of care?

Yep, unis are twats these days, they did a big publicity drive to get people signed up and only now is it coming out that some of the poor sods might have to stay away from family over Christmas, holed up in a dorm.

I was hoping this would give us time for a moment of reflection, to really take stock and consider what was important, and though this leading to a more temperate and understanding society.

Fuck me was I wrong, it’s just brought the worst out in leaders and individuals and shown what a fractured, fragile, nasty little thing ‘society’ is.

Cunts as far as the eye can see.

• Upvote 5

5 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I was hoping this would give us time for a moment of reflection, to really take stock and consider what was important, and though this leading to a more temperate and understanding society.

Fuck me was I wrong, it’s just brought the worst out in leaders and individuals and shown what a fractured, fragile, nasty little thing ‘society’ is.

Absolutely this. Since the first lockdown was eased people seem to have got more selfish, narky and lairy. 

3 hours ago, Harry's Lad said:

Thanks for that.

She got the letter classing her as extremely vulnerable, but I don't think it was just about the cancer.

My Mum doesn't really divulge anything, but there are other conditions she has which put her at risk.

She's a bit of a nightmare sometimes and does daft things like cancel or postpone important appointments because in her words, "They're bloody useless".

They're not. They saved her life.

She's always been highly strung, but she's much, much worse since she lost my Dad and I know she blames Doctors for that.

She does have a point to a certain degree about that, but as I've told her countless times, you can't tar them all with the same brush.

I'm glad you're ok and thanks again.

Well I can sympathise with your mum about the doctors and they saved my life too! Haha. 

28 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Massive billboards saying "Bastard Boris Likes Bourbons". 

He probably hates beans too. 

10 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I had this very discussion with my kids at the start of all of this. Time for people to put their lives in perspective, to get control of their poor habits and improve their health. To have a bit more quality time with their kids, learn to cook. 

Then along came pig yourself for 50% at the fast food establishments and adult babies that can't breathe in masks. Only 18% of people that test positive self isolating. 

I say in jest that I can't wait for that massive meteorite, or do I?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Чемпионы said:

I had this very discussion with my kids at the start of all of this. Time for people to put their lives in perspective, to get control of their poor habits and improve their health. To have a bit more quality time with their kids, learn to cook. 

Then along came pig yourself for 50% at the fast food establishments and adult babies that can't breathe in masks. Only 18% of people that test positive self isolating. 

I say in jest that I can't wait for that massive meteorite, or do I?

The politics in the UK, and further afield, lean towards socially conservative and self serving, but I assumed an existential thing like this would galvanise folk, and to degree it did for a while, but the fall out from this was/is perverse.

I’ve never known so many ‘I’m alright Jack’ types coming out of the wood work, not on here, and espousing their long held libertarian views like the are the most sacred things they’ve ever uttered, they didn’t know what the word meant, and to a degree still don’t, until it started to pollute the gutter press, like sovereignty before it. Further to this though, how many people lack critical thought and are swayed by any conspiracy nonsense they’ve seen on Facebook or heard at the pub? It’s genuinely alarming that there are so many truly thick cunts.

A country led by it’s nose and they’re unaware of how much this country currently stinks.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mudface said:

World beating. 

Yep, I tried to add my test in and couldn't. 

I've also worked out the utter shite QR scanner. So after these hospitality venues having had a QR codes for months, there was no way they could link up some static data to allow reading that QR code to the venue. So the venue's need to download another NHS app QR code. So I reckon I've been in 6 places so far, only two have tracked. 

Utter, utter fucking shite. It's incredible it's taken 6 months to develop. It feels like something that could have been knocked together in a week by one developer considering the actual tracing part of the framework came from Apple and Google and basically all the app is aside from that is a QR code scanner, a place to log tests and a few URL links to the latest information. 

40 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

The politics in the UK, and further afield, lean towards socially conservative and self serving, but I assumed an existential thing like this would galvanise folk, and to degree it did for a while, but the fall out from this was/is perverse.

I’ve never known so many ‘I’m alright Jack’ types coming out of the wood work, not on here, and espousing their long held libertarian views like the are the most sacred things they’ve ever uttered, they didn’t know what the word meant, and to a degree still don’t, until it started to pollute the gutter press, like sovereignty before it. Further to this though, how many people lack critical thought and are swayed by any conspiracy nonsense they’ve seen on Facebook or heard at the pub? It’s genuinely alarming that there are so many truly thick cunts.

A country led by it’s nose and they’re unaware of how much this country currently stinks.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Yep, I tried to add my test in and couldn't. 

I've also worked out the utter shite QR scanner. So after these hospitality venues having had a QR codes for months, there was no way they could link up some static data to allow reading that QR code to the venue. So the venue's need to download another NHS app QR code. So I reckon I've been in 6 places so far, only two have tracked. 

Utter, utter fucking shite. It's incredible it's taken 6 months to develop. It feels like something that could have been knocked together in a week by one developer considering the actual tracing part of the framework came from Apple and Google and basically all the app is aside from that is a QR code scanner, a place to log tests and a few URL links to the latest information. 

It's ridiculous, especially considering the open source German app- https://github.com/corona-warn-app

Another protest in London from the ‘tards for Icke movement. 

The police have been speaking in advance of the event.

’Police said some organisers had done so but where this had not happened the Met will “increase their engagement and encourage attendees to disperse”

Have you ever read a better way around saying ‘crack some skulls’? Glorious attempt at a politically correct clubbing.

13 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Another protest in London from the ‘tards for Icke movement. 

The police have been speaking in advance of the event.

’Police said some organisers had done so but where this had not happened the Met will “increase their engagement and encourage attendees to disperse”

Have you ever read a better way around saying ‘crack some skulls’? Glorious attempt at a politically correct clubbing.

It amazes me people can think he’s might be wrong about the queen being a lizard but he’s spot on about this’. I suppose that’s how people end up being conspiracy theorists.  A step at a time. 

3 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

It amazes me people can think he’s might be wrong about the queen being a lizard but he’s spot on about this’. I suppose that’s how people end up being conspiracy theorists.  A step at a time. 

Have a read of this with your corn flakes, quite the insight in to the psychological quagmire people throw themselves into. 

https://u.osu.edu/vanzandt/2019/02/11/david-icke-love-and-lizard-people/

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Have a read of this with your corn flakes, quite the insight in to the psychological quagmire people throw themselves into. 

https://u.osu.edu/vanzandt/2019/02/11/david-icke-love-and-lizard-people/

Social media is the problem. If you watch a conspiracy video on YouTube you get profiled and they start sending you more, you'll also start getting bespoke favebook ads for shit like alternative medicine. It's brainwashing pure and simple.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Well I guess the plan for after 6 months is there'll be no need for a plan as we'll have a vaccine rolling out. Everything we're doing has always just to stop the NHS getting over run for long enough to get a vaccine. 

The plan is going exactly to plan then. Except for the most important bit.

The vaccine.