You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

2 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

You sound like my mates who smoke skunk all day every day. 

It's only history repeating, this has been done in a none digital fashion over the ages and used to supress and control people. The UK public kicked off just a decade ago when they talked about compulsory National ID Cards, but now people are welcoming in much more draconian measures.

3 minutes ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

That'll be why cases are plummeting in France and Spain. 

If you look at the latest data on sample dates, rather than result dates, it looks like they could be. Spain's death numbers, which just five days ago looked to be spiralling out of control, have also come down significantly now.

Using trained killers as policemen, not really sure about that. It's ok having the army move food and deliver to the oldies and of course I'm not suggesting the army personnel are stupid. 

I just think if it goes pear shaped you've got some scruffs up against a force that is trained to kill.  A bit of sledgehammer to crack a nut maybe. 

However if they're looking for some old knackers with proper police experience I'll sign up for a dad's army. 

2 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

The UK public kicked off just a decade ago when they talked about compulsory National ID Cards, but now people are welcoming in much more draconian measures.

I just find it mind-boggling that so many people want to live like this, with lockdowns, curfews, obstructed breathing, house arrest, no human contact etc. It's my idea of hell, but I seem to be in a tiny minority? It scares me.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Чемпионы said:

Using trained killers as policemen, not really sure about that. It's ok having the army move food and deliver to the oldies and of course I'm not suggesting the army personnel are stupid. 

I just think if it goes pear shaped you've got some scruffs up against a force that is trained to kill.  A bit of sledgehammer to crack a nut maybe. 

"There's a reason you separate military and the police. One fights the enemies of the state. The other serves and protects the people. When the military becomes both, then the enemies of the state tend to become the people."

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

I just find it mind-boggling that so many people want to live like this, with lockdowns, curfews, obstructed breathing, house arrest, no human contact etc. It's my idea of hell, but I seem to be in a tiny minority? It scares me.

It is bizarre and worrying. I do think the worm is turning a bit. I see a lot more people asking questions now.

9 minutes ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

I find it mind boggling that you think people WANT to live like this!... Oh hang on your are making things up again.  Nobody wants all of this to be happening. For many people though they don't know what is worse for them. Contracting the disease and either dying or passing it on is a lot less sinister than a few restrictions on the normal way of life while we figure all of this out. 

3 hours ago, Spy Bee said:

No, we can't. Loads of people are being made redundant by the day. People who are still scared to attend hospital are dying daily, mental and physical health is suffering daily. It's a complete shitshow, because we have tunnel vision and are focussing only on Covid.

I'm definitely not only focussed on the economy, but there is a huge correlation between a good economy and a healthy populus. 

So how do you propose people will no longer be scared of the virus and go to their hospital spots etc? Should we just pretend it's not there? 

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I find it mind boggling that you think people WANT to live like this!...

Yeah, fancy me seeing everyone's enthusiasm for draconian measures and coming to the conclusion that they're enthusiastic for draconian measures. What am I thinking.

7 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

Less hysterical hyperbole, more truth telling. That would be a great start. 

The government have been trying to persuade the nation there was nothing wrong, to get out carry on as normal, we'll pay for your tea for a month, just get out. The reality is that was just ignoring lockdowns work. I don't see the argument you are trying to make. There's been nothing but positive government spin for 3 months and where has that got us? 

3 minutes ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

Yeah, fancy me seeing everyone's enthusiasm for draconian measures and coming to the conclusion that they're enthusiastic for draconian measures. What am I thinking.

Who? Who is enthusiastic about it? Who WANTS this all to be happening? Or are you making things up again? If you are judging people who would prefer the measures vs dying then you are an idiot. That's like me saying I can't believe people WANT to get Covid. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Spy Bee said:

I think suggesting I have lied is pretty low. 

I was mainly referring to Strontz there to be honest where he makes things up/ignores facts that don't suit his agenda. That said, you did make up a lie about flu killing 10 x more than Covid or something. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

I was mainly referring to Strontz there to be honest where he makes things up/ignores facts that don't suit his agenda. That said, you did make up a lie about flu killing 10 x more than Covid or something. 

I shared information from an article. In fact, the ONS publish this themselves. 

image.png

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/bulletins/deathsregisteredweeklyinenglandandwalesprovisional/weekending11september2020