You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

5 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

If temperature checks don't work, why are places doing them? Or is that sarcasm? Not really posted in here in a bit.

I don't want to live it that future either but I also don't to have to endure more months like the last 6 until everybody is vaccinated. It should only be a short-ish term solution (6-9 months) and allows more day to day normality.   

1. I don't know. Maybe pacifier affect? Maybe not enough research done?

2. We don't know when and if a vaccine will ever come. We need to find a way to live with this virus being present.

49 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

It's a fair point. I was listening to some English guy on Joe Rogan earlier. He said that everybody now must see everything through the prism they see everything else. 

I'm normally in the crowd here, because my views are pretty left wing, but this has now been politicised, whereby if you don't advocate minimising risk to all of catching Covid, then you are some kind of human hating Tory.

You underestimate the power of the Dark Side. 

I think it may have been Douglas Murray.  You’ll be kicked out of the club if you agree with him! 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Spy Bee said:

2. We don't know when and if a vaccine will ever come. We need to find a way to live with this virus being present.

They still seem confident the Oxford Vaccine will work. Valance was saying yesterday we'd hope to be vaccinating the most vulnerable before Christmas and everybody else in 2021.

Do you think the Government are assuming it will work and are relying on the possibility of future shorter lockdown's / restrictions being in place for another 6-9 months/ as the only way forwards until there is a vaccine?

If so, if that is the plan, wouldn't a card carrying future be the way forwards until then? Don't get me wrong, I'm not keen on it either but it's better than whats been happening.

There's a lot of lip service being paid to these measures in my experience, I've only been asked once to do the track and trace thing in Costa, if I remember I'll do it but it's a pretty small sign compared to when it all kicked off. 

I do also think (TK wouldn't like this) that masks have provided a false sense of security. You don't queue at shops now, at all. When this all kicked off it took about 20 minutes to get into Morrisons but the shop was much quieter. Since masks came in it's like a normal shopping day, but everyone has got masks on. Here's the  thing though, masks don't protect you, they stop you gozzing 20 feet if you have a coughing fit, but that's about it. In terms of protecting you  yourself from inhaling the virus it'd be like trying to fix the Chernobyl reactor with baco foil wrapped around your head. 

I don't think a lot of people realise that though (and I don't think shops care,  they just want to get back to business). 

From my understanding and almost everything I'd seen on masks, they are a selfless act that can help you reduce spreading the virus if you have it. I've never believed that they protect me, my respirator could (if I was crazy enough to wear it in shops) protect me. Although as that expels air without filter that would be an entirely selfish act. Hence some countries have banned masks with those plastic vents.

They think that masks can help to reduce the viral load, so there could be that. 

1 hour ago, Spy Bee said:

No, we can't. Loads of people are being made redundant by the day. People who are still scared to attend hospital are dying daily, mental and physical health is suffering daily. It's a complete shitshow, because we have tunnel vision and are focussing only on Covid.

I'm definitely not only focussed on the economy, but there is a huge correlation between a good economy and a healthy populus. 

Totally agree. This bullshit has to end. The mainstream media also need the book throwing at them after this, for their disgraceful fear mongering. My mother has only just begun to take tentative steps to get on with her life now she's back to square one. The anger i feel is off the charts.

• Upvote 2

On 15/03/2020 at 12:53, BeefStroganoff said:

Im the opposite.

Man is an evil bastard, corrupt to the core and doesn't give a fuck about anybody else. Power and control is his all encompassing goal.

They will do what they can, history has shown this time and time again, its just the methods that differ. Did you know, Wuhan was one of the first areas to pilot 5G? Apparently theres a lot of risk in 5G, microwaves that can affect the human body. 5G scares me more than a virus. That makes me fear fro my family and kids, as its almost certainly going to be forced into communities.

10 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Totally agree. This bullshit has to end. The mainstream media also need the book throwing at them after this, for their . My mother has only just begun to take tentative steps to get on with her life now she's back to square one. The anger i feel is off the charts.

Hmmmm. disgraceful fear mongering..... hmmmmm

Theres either two factors at play here or both now.

1) Either parts of SAGE are cosy in bed with Mr Gates/WHO and the rollout of a vaccine will make oodles of cash at the cost of long term devastation to the global economy

or

2) Theres a narrative, as Scott posted above, where in order to move anywhere freely, both in the UK or abroad requires mandatory vaccination, which is then ratified by app scanning. 

Want to go to Anfield to see the reds? Vaccinated? No? Sorry you can't come into a ground with 54,000 people.

Want to go on a holiday to Spain? Vaccinated? No? Sorry we can't permit you to travel.

And on and on and on. If that takes hold Lord knows where it will end. Shops? Parks? Workplace?

They have already been trialling it in certain parts of Japan with the workplace and my own workplace where going to introduce it this year in minimal form.

A more scarier scenario than any virus.

4 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Welcome to 1984. Can none of you see where this is leading?

Here we go, more baseless conspiracy theories. The nuts are out again.

Hopefully it'd only be short-ish term. Wouldn't you prefer a greater level of control over the spread over the un-organised chaos at the moment? I'd feel happier going out knowing other people around me have as clean a bill of health as possible.

I'm sure my idea isn't perfect and there are many possible alternatives but I think the premise remains similar.

Or do we continue our lives like we have done in 2020, similar for the next 6-9 (or longer) months in the hope there is a vaccine?

You'll be telling me next any vaccine will have microscopic microchips in them, which when activated, turn us all into subservient, emotionless slaves.

Just now, Scott_M said:

Hopefully it'd only be short-ish term. Wouldn't you prefer a greater level of control over the spread over the un-organised chaos at the moment? I'd feel happier going out knowing other people around me have as clean a bill of health as possible.

I'm sure my idea isn't perfect and there are many possible alternatives but I think the premise remains similar.

Or do we continue our lives like we have done in 2020, similar for the next 6-9 (or longer) months in the hope there is a vaccine?

You'll be telling me next any vaccine will have microscopic microchips in them, which when activated, turn us all into subservient, emotionless slaves.

Oh do fuck off Scott.

Its got nothing to do with conspiracy. You just advocated yourself for a track and trace in order to go into a shop or to allow shops to sell.

"You'll be telling me next any vaccine will have microscopic microchips in them, which when activated, turn us all into subservient, emotionless slaves."

Yep completely bellendry there. You don't see the frightening consequences of this? For your family?

I'd suggest you go and read up on this https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/post2015/transformingourworld

3 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Im with you on the organisation bit yeah. Im all for control, but lets be honest this is nothing to do with The Government just being buffoons, they know exactly what they are doing.

The amount of people I've heard say 'this just make any sense' are right on the money. The only way it does make sense as if there is something else going on the public isn't fully aware of.

8 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Oh do fuck off Scott.

Its got nothing to do with conspiracy. You just advocated yourself for a track and trace in order to go into a shop or to allow shops to sell.

"You'll be telling me next any vaccine will have microscopic microchips in them, which when activated, turn us all into subservient, emotionless slaves."

Yep completely bellendry there. You don't see the frightening consequences of this? For your family?

I'd suggest you go and read up on this https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/post2015/transformingourworld

Your the one who mentioned 1984. That's quite a stretch from what I suggested. 

I've skimmed that article. I don't see the relevance.

17 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

2) Theres a narrative, as Scott posted above, where in order to move anywhere freely, both in the UK or abroad requires mandatory vaccination, which is then ratified by app scanning. 

Want to go to Anfield to see the reds? Vaccinated? No? Sorry you can't come into a ground with 54,000 people.

Want to go on a holiday to Spain? Vaccinated? No? Sorry we can't permit you to travel.

And on and on and on. If that takes hold Lord knows where it will end. Shops? Parks? Workplace?

They have already been trialling it in certain parts of Japan with the workplace and my own workplace where going to introduce it this year in minimal form.

I would have called bullshit on this just a few weeks ago, but I now feel this is the scary face of the future if things continue to drift. Just like after major terrorist events of the past, the governments make a power grab and ask you to sacrifice your liberty for security.

I don't think there's anything sinister around these controls from the government's perspective, I just suspect they're dealing with it in the only way they know how due to various flaws in our society. 

( a) austerity has led to the vast depletion of expertise at NHS and council level 

( b) privatisation means the only people you can turn to in times like this are incompetitent and shit. They can't run a testing regime any better than they can provide security at the Olympics or build a new Royal Liverpool Hospital. 

( c) Because he doesn't want to be challenged, everyone around Johnson is an imbecile and a ruthless careerist. 

( d) Decades of 'there's no such things as society' means  people won't play ball unless you force them  to. While the Japanese politely queued up quietly for water after the Fukishima disaster, we stood on each other's faces for bog roll. 

It's the perfect storm and the culmination of decades' of economic and social havoc wrought by the Tories. 

• Upvote 4

27 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Theres either two factors at play here or both now.

1) Either parts of SAGE are cosy in bed with Mr Gates/WHO and the rollout of a vaccine will make oodles of cash at the cost of long term devastation to the global economy

or

You sound like my mates who smoke skunk all day every day. 

• Upvote 3