You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

Fuckhead Hancock saying people should dial 111 before going to A&E, fuck that, it's a fucking call centre and a shite one at that.

Is anyone still listening to that twat?

"Yesterday, 239 people in Spain died of Coronavirus." Meanwhile Every year around 78,000 people in the UK die from smoking, or 8 million world wide. Cigarettes are still readily sold in the shops, even though we know they breed death in human beings - and not only those already on their very last legs. What an absolute royal farce this covid reaction is.

On 14/09/2020 at 21:52, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Sometimes I realise that, sometimes I don't agree.  You need money to live here properly and be able to afford to get away regularly enough.  When the freight boat doesn't arrive in the winter for 5 days due to big seas, and the shelves are basically bare in the Co-op, you get frustrated.  Like never being able to have a MacDonalds, or a Chinese, or a curry, or a KFC, or a decent coffee shop, or a trainer shop, or go cinema, etc.  It's the small things that sometimes bug you, especially when you have kids, sometimes you just want to take them to a toy-shop, or a proper playground, or take them to watch a footy match.  Obviously during pandemic it's all fucked, but in normal times you just wish it was cheap enough to get away for a few weekends a year, but it's not. 

Hey Colonel, do you know Funnneee/Gym Beglin? He's from Scilly too, seems to shop at the same Co-Op, and has similarly lamented the lack of fast food outlets and toy shops in your neck of the woods.

On 10/02/2015 at 17:06, Gym Beglin said:

My family travelled up from the Isles of Scilly to stay with relatives in Warrington, and Lymm, as we did most years. Now, going 'up north' for Christmas was always a special occasion. On the Isles of Scilly there were no toy shops, no real Christmas lights, no cinema, no McDonalds or Burger King, no trains, no traffic lights, just 'no'. And so, as a little lad, we couldn't wait to visit 'the mainland' and get on some arcade machines and walk around toy shops with our jaws wide open.

You are going to think it's weird that I live here. But it's just fucking boring for the most part, basically no crime, but at the same time it's hard to live here in many ways, jobs are low paid, housing is massively overpriced and there isn't a lot of social housing stock. We get food from a local Coop and it can go days without bread or fruit/veg. The fuckers never run out of sweets or crisps or booze though, the fucking twat of a company.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

If you're a positive Corona case who is ill  or just anyone who needs a&e?

Anyone who needs it apparently, like some kind of early vetting, though they muddied the waters by saying still dial 999 if it's an emergency. They seemed to be making out that as a trial, you would not be able to just 'turn up'.

45 minutes ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

Hey Colonel, do you know Funnneee/Gym Beglin? He's from Scilly too, seems to shop at the same Co-Op, and has similarly lamented the lack of fast food outlets and toy shops in your neck of the woods.

Excellent detective work, his friends dont call him Columbo SD for nothing.

3 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Has anybody tried dialling 111 for anything recently?

If your emergency is bleeding out then you may as well make peace with your maker as there’s fucks chance of getting through before you’re dead.

Tragically understaffed.

They're a joke.

The problem with primary care now is that it's bloated but shit.

When I was a kid you had two aspects of the NHS - GPs and hospitals.

You could get GP appointments reasonably easily and often walk in if needed. GPs were open all week, if they weren't the doctor would come out after hours (it was fairly easy to get a doctor to come to your house, especially if a kid was involved). Then there were hospitals, where you'd go if your head was hanging off.

These days, it's almost impossible to get a GP appointment unless you queue up first thing in the morning while all the old folks lay claim to their favourite doctor.

If you can't get one you pile down the walk in centre which are fucking horrific.

If you phone 111 they're clueless, then often they'll tell you to go to A&E if they can't figure out what else to tell you. Nurses in A&E will often roll their eyes and say "did 111 tell you to come?". 

Lots of these problems could be nipped in the bud if you could see a GP, hospitals have often become the only resort rather than just the last one.

That being said, people are cunts too and will go the walk in or A&E at the drop of a hat, and often even call and ambulance as though it's a service that they're entitled to, rather than an emergency service.

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

They're a joke.

The problem with primary care now is that it's bloated but shit.

When I was a kid you had two aspects of the NHS - GPs and hospitals.

You could get GP appointments reasonably easily and often walk in if needed. GPs were open all week, if they weren't the doctor would come out after hours (it was fairly easy to get a doctor to come to your house, especially if a kid was involved). Then there were hospitals, where you'd go if your head was hanging off.

These days, it's almost impossible to get a GP appointment unless you queue up first thing in the morning while all the old folks lay claim to their favourite doctor.

If you can't get one you pile down the walk in centre which are fucking horrific.

If you phone 111 they're clueless, then often they'll tell you to go to A&E if they can't figure out what else to tell you. Nurses in A&E will often roll their eyes and say "did 111 tell you to come?". 

Lots of these problems could be nipped in the bud if you could see a GP, hospitals have often become the only resort rather than just the last one.

That being said, people are cunts too and will go the walk in or A&E at the drop of a hat, and often even call and ambulance as though it's a service that they're entitled to, rather than an emergency service.

All part of Hunts master plan to weaken the NHS by separating in to NHS ‘local’ and NHS ‘national’ starve both, blame ‘local’ for mismanagement, find investment for ‘National’ from outside expertise providers, drain funds further from both, show strain and shortfalls, seek more outside investment needed. 

Been clear as day since they the split them that the end game was blame those who are blameless and show the deficiencies as new and novel to show the need for investment. 

The Tories have really done a fucking number in this country.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

So I'm in a lock down area in the North East now.

Our local lock down isn't even a fucking lockdown and is totally non sensical.

As I'm sure most of you know I'm self employed, the current local lock down means I can't walk 100 meters down the street to my friends house as that would break the 6 person bubble. But he does some work for me and tomorrow he can come to the farm as it's a workplace.

Likewise I am going down to Cleveland to do some work today, it's fine to do that. But they also live on site and if I go into his house I would be breaking the lockdown rules.

It is however fine for me to go to the pub down the road as long as I leave at 10pm, because as we all know the virus is a nocturnal predator and only comes out at night?

18 hours ago, Section_31 said:

I think Flu is far less contagious than Covid isn't it? Sure I read each person with flu usually passes it to one other person, but with Covid it's three. Existing social distancing measures should therefore have a sizable impact on the spread of flu you'd assume.

Anecdotal I know, but I got swine flu when that did the rounds. I started with symptoms at work and then left early and went home before basically being totally fucked with it for the best part of a week.

No one I worked with got it, no one at home got it either. 

Edit: forgot to mention the local school is still open as well. 

2 hours ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

Does this mean I am in fact the most southerly UK poster on here? My world is turned upside down, nothing is as it seems.

12 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Because they aren't. And numerous posts have pointed that out to you.

Can your machine search Google - if so, try it.

The article you posted does not state that. It states that less people are dying from flu, not that less people are dying with flu.

16 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

We don’t know for sure how many actually had flu though do we as the ‘and pneumonia’ bit could be skewing the figures? It’s certainly the pneumonia that’s killing more of them. 

I'm not talking about what is killing them. I am talking about the prevalence of Covid/Flu in those who die, which you'd imagine would be similar to those who are alive.

I really don't understand the people who are even arguing about this virus. It is what it is. its killed a lot of people worldwide, its infectious, people need to do what they can to help prevent further deaths. It really is that fucking simple. 

I can imagine a lot of the reasons for tory incompetence (despite the fact that they are tories) is that behind closed doors I bet the likes of Boris and Cummings are the ones punching the table saying "This is no worse than flu, lets get on with it, if people die so be it, its probably bollocks anyway ra ra ra rule brittania" but know full well they cant say that to the public and people like Chris Whitty who actually knows his stuff is telling them to please shut the fuck up saying all that. 

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

Only idiots are denying it, but people are looking for the truth not the hype. 

If 0.8% of tests are possibly false positives. At 250k tests a day, we could expect 2000 false positives, that’s roughly half of our daily confirmed cases.

But they've been doing that amount of tests for a while now, if that was a 'thing', then you'd expect an absolute minimum of 2000 new cases a day due to false positives. The trend is the important thing- cases are running many times higher than they were a month ago. Hospitalisations, people in ICU and on ventilators and deaths are all ticking up. There are only around 80K individuals being tested daily, which suggests they're more worried about false negatives. This article has from the BMJ has a calculator to play around with - https://www.bmj.com/content/369/bmj.m1808

image.png

19 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

You're a fucking retard. Just because something exists and is significant, it cannot be hyped?

But you're the exact opposite, constantly looking to downplay it, for some reason. Earlier this week it was colds, last week some shite from a Toby Young blog site, now it's false positives. 

• Upvote 3