You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

9 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Was the France quarantine rules announced to take the spotlight away from the exam results fiasco?  Seemed to be rushed out last night and the French seem enemy number 1 for this government at the moment.

Probably a Brexit thing too, as is the daily anylum seeker dinghie chase, designed to cultivate the image of safe island blighty and everyone needs to get home sharpish where it's safe and warm so we can pull up the drawbridge. 

They want everyone staying here to spend their money here. 

As for headline distractions, I genuinely believe that these cunts would sit round a table and plan a bombing or terror attack if it meant keeping their blatant incompetence or evilness away from the ready eye. 

"Fuck the press are picking up on us cutting benefits for NHS works, the same ones we had everyone clapping for to distract us from our incompetence last time what should we do?"

"Crash a plane into Headingley, blame an asylum seeker" 

"Perfect! Bravo. Brandy and a young boy gentleman?" 

11 hours ago, Gnasher said:

It's a fair point although to be pedantic    Tai chi is more of a Chinese art, t's the most practiced martial art in the whole of the east, a fusion between meditation and a fighting discipline,  kung fu originates from it. The Japanese mainly prefer Karate which is more physical and aggressive.  Tae kwon do which is an Olympic sport is Korean. That's not to say one is not practised in the others country but they mainly stick with their own heritage. Boxing is obviously British whilst kick boxing originated I believe in Tailand. Wrestling is British. Sumo wrestling is Japanese whilst American wrestling is shit.

I think you will find that is Thighland

10 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

A mate is a research fellow at Bristol Uni, he always said any second wave would be later than expected. 

It was only his idea and not medically backed but uni starting again and fresher weeks would cause a massive new spike. 

Yeah, possibly mate, there's been a few stories on the local news following kids out drinking and not observing distancing and they don't give a fuck. 

52 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Was the France quarantine rules announced to take the spotlight away from the exam results fiasco?  Seemed to be rushed out last night and the French seem enemy number 1 for this government at the moment.

You see in normal times you might say that, but I am yet to see anything this government has done in these types of situations that didn't appear rushed, ill consider and panicked. You are suggesting a level of competence I believe is not quite there. And finally I think they literally don't give a fuck anyway, they know the plebs got the brexit they wanted and they'll feast off that till people realise just quite how fucked they are getting under this government.  

45 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Probably a Brexit thing too, as is the daily anylum seeker dinghie chase, designed to cultivate the image of safe island blighty and everyone needs to get home sharpish where it's safe and warm so we can pull up the drawbridge. 

Yeah maybe, it seemed the announcement came a few hours after the media was full of British working class kids crying on pavements outside their school, this government seems to be winging it from crisis to crisis.

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

Everything the cunts do is rushed. Lauding giving 500k people 30 hours notice to get home (on what is one of the busiest travel weekends for that route) or face possible job impacting quarantines. 

Just now, Paulie Dangerously said:

Everything the cunts do is rushed. Lauding giving 500k people 30 hours notice to get home (on what is one of the busiest travel weekends for that route) or face possible job impacting quarantines. 

Yeah I know but at least it stops us having to look at kids crying on streets.

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

Absolutely, Johnson seems to be forcing a wedge between Britain and Europe while trying to align with the US. 

30 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

Absolutely, Johnson seems to be forcing a wedge between Britain and Europe while trying to align with the US. 

I dont think the thought was that deep, this announcement was timed as a crass ploy to save Williamson his job by throwing a dead cat on the table,

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/aug/14/gavin-williamson-under-pressure-to-resign-over-a-level-results-fiasco

Faroe islands has been hit hard now by a second wave after almost 3 month without any new infections, there was national holiday and a wedding where some tourists had gotten into the country and have not been picked up by the corona tests that are being made. that has led to about 140ish people infected and over 1000 in quarantine.

There were also 3 russian trawlers where most of the crew were infected, but they left as soon as the government found out they had been walking among the public when they were not allowed. Putin must have called them about that new vaccine of his. 

3 hours ago, Funkasy said:

Faroe islands has been hit hard now by a second wave after almost 3 month without any new infections, there was national holiday and a wedding where some tourists had gotten into the country and have not been picked up by the corona tests that are being made. that has led to about 140ish people infected and over 1000 in quarantine.

There were also 3 russian trawlers where most of the crew were infected, but they left as soon as the government found out they had been walking among the public when they were not allowed. Putin must have called them about that new vaccine of his. 

The question this raises, along with New Zealand, is that surely covid spread is inevitable unless there's a vaccine? An island run by Danes sounds like just about the most sensible place on earth, yet still the motherfucker pops up like farts in a bath.

8 minutes ago, Funkasy said:

We are finally doing a 5th day testing to now, (after this happened) so any person entering the country will get tested upon arrival, and then again after 5 days. The  stupid thing tho its my tax money paying for it. 

You cant mind your tax money being used to help keep people safe? Try having your tax money funding private education for tory kids, or second houses for tory nonces. 

24 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

The question this raises, along with New Zealand, is that surely covid spread is inevitable unless there's a vaccine? An island run by Danes sounds like just about the most sensible place on earth, yet still the motherfucker pops up like farts in a bath.

It's a virus, mate, it's what it does

All the nonsense about herd immunity and t-cells is just that, nonsense.

We're stuck with it until we get a working vaccine

Or a hefty majority of the population has caught it and the immunity lasts for a nice long time which is currently unknown

Hope the Faroes islanders manage it well with minimal damage... beautiful part of the world which I'd very much like to see

Just now, mattyq said:

Hope the Faroes islanders manage it well with minimal damage... beautiful part of the world which I'd very much like to see

Unless of course you are a Pilot Whale in which case I'd advise you to stay well away. 

I too hope they mange it well. 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Unless of course you are a Pilot Whale in which case I'd advise you to stay well away. 

I too hope they mange it well. 

I'm a bit overweight but wouldn't go that far

Look at this... looks like something out of Lord of the Rings

4 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

You cant mind your tax money being used to help keep people safe? Try having your tax money funding private education for tory kids, or second houses for tory nonces. 

I would like people traveling to pay for their own tests and not be funded by people that are not traveling.