You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

11 minutes ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

Yep, it is indeed fucking embarrassing how the lot of you continue to fail to explain why the dozens of facts posted aren't in fact facts.

When this thing is over and done in this country by winter, and there's no second wave, how many of you will be big enough to apologise?

Mate he wrote a self published paper - the two institutions cited in his paper immediately disavowed themselves of any of the claims.

That would be Stanford University and the UAB School of Medicine. That are full of Doctors. Serious ones.

Not posters on an internet forum.

Waiting for it to be over is a very different thing than posting some obvious misinformation and then crowing about it.

12 minutes ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

Yep, it is indeed fucking embarrassing how the lot of you continue to fail to explain why the dozens of facts posted aren't in fact facts.

When this thing is over and done in this country by winter, and there's no second wave, how many of you will be big enough to apologise?

I thought you said there wouldn't be a first wave?

3 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Waiting for it to be over is a very different thing than posting some obvious misinformation and then crowing about it.

So obvious you can't point out how it's obvious.

1 minute ago, Red_or_Dead said:

I thought you said there wouldn't be a first wave?

If you think that, it's little wonder you're confused.

37 minutes ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

I'm not in doubt about anything. Nor am I a Tory.

Still, more accurate than most of the nonsense in this thread.

3_cabarets.gif

21 minutes ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

I will.

What if there is a second wave? Will you?

26 minutes ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

I missed the part where you explain why this medical doctor is talking shite.

Well all the studies are very small sample sizes and he’s making some pretty big assumptions based on them.  

he’s also part of that group of ‘doctors’ pushing for hydroxy thingy and teamed up with a woman who claims to be able to cure generational curses, that alien DNA is used in vaccines and succubi are responsible for infertility.  

23 minutes ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

Here’s a quick question, do you think an unqualified investment banker, friend of Steve Bannon, posting a theory about how big Pharma have promoted lockdowns to create a profit margin for a vaccine is a good source of facts?

1 minute ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

If there's a second wave, then I will certainly concede I got it wrong.

OK you've got yourself a deal. When is the deadline for the lack of/presence of second wave?

3 minutes ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

12 months from now long enough?

Absolutely, basically getting through the winter period and through to next Summer. If I'm honest I hope you're right that we don't experience it as that means we're all safer. Just to be clear, what would you like the apology to be for?

1 minute ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

Absolutely, basically getting through the winter period and through to next Summer. If I'm honest I hope you're right that we don't experience it as that means we're all safer. Just to be clear, what would you like the apology to be for?

That you weren't right the first time.

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Daily reported deaths back above 100 for the UK ?

If I'm honest I don't really want to think in terms of numbers in that way, would it be fair to say that this virus could have the potential to cause more problems in Winter than Summer? After all, we've only seen it since early this year and no-one really knows for sure what is going to happen.

Personally I want it gone sooner rather than later and if that's through 'herd immunity' then so be it. If however it's working against the principle of T-Cell immunity then that surely would consititute a second wave?

23 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

OK you've got yourself a deal. When is the deadline for the lack of/presence of second wave?

Jesus Christ, we're making bets on a massive new wave of deaths happening just so some cunt can be proven right or more wrong than he already is now? Just let it go and stop talking to him, ffs. This thread is the absolute pits. 

17 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

True... @Stront19m Dog™? I don't want to think about numbers, just what exactly is a second wave?

I find this definition useful.

https://theconversation.com/the-us-isnt-in-a-second-wave-of-coronavirus-the-first-wave-never-ended-141032

A wave of an infection describes a large rise and fall in the number of cases. There isn’t a precise epidemiological definition of when a wave begins or ends.

But with talk of a second wave in the news, as an epidemiologist and public health researcher, I think there are two necessary factors that must be met before we can colloquially declare a second wave.

First, the virus would have to be controlled and transmission brought down to a very low level. That would be the end of the first wave. Then, the virus would need to reappear and result in a large increase in cases and hospitalizations.

“Second wave” is media talk really, based n the Spanish Flu. What it implies is basically that there is going to be a mutation to create a new strain of virus which is going to be more infectious than the first one.

This is not that likely to happen, probably less likely than a mutation that means it just “fizzles out”.

What the media are calling second waves, like down here in Melbourne, or in some places in the UK, is just the first wave of infections going up when there have been mistakes in isolating people or lockdown measures have been eased.

It is likely that cases in the UK will go up as social distancing measures ease, but a “second wave” is not that likely. Also a lot of the old and vulnerable have already been lost, so deaths will not be so high again in this case.

• Upvote 3