You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

@aRdja’s mum won’t let him play out after 8pm. Pass it on. 

Yeah we’ve got a curfew now. Not allowed out between 8pm and 6am. It so happens, I am living with my folks (or they’re living with us?!) these days, and it’s driving me a bit insane. They’re looking to get away though. Applied for an exemption to leave the country the other day. Fingers crossed. 

5 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Yeah we’ve got a curfew now. Not allowed out between 8pm and 6am. It so happens, I am living with my folks these days, and it’s driving me a bit insane. They’re looking to get away though. Applied for an exemption to leave the country the other day. Fingers crossed. 

Because of you? Bit harsh.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Yeah we’ve got a curfew now. Not allowed out between 8pm and 6am. It so happens, I am living with my folks (or they’re living with us?!) these days, and it’s driving me a bit insane. They’re looking to get away though. Applied for an exemption to leave the country the other day. Fingers crossed. 

Have you sold them any beak??

• Upvote 2

Both today and yesterday I've seen the exact same situation in the shops, pairs of fat scal wannabe Harry hard arms types not wearing masks but making loads of racket so people would notice, shouting to each other, mouthing off about someone looking at them funny or complaining about them to shop staff, burping loudly and the likes to get noticed. 

Imagine how sad your life has got to be that in order to pat yourself on the back for being a hard man, you don't rob a bank, have a pub brawl, join a biker gang or start your own drug syndicate, but instead go to the supermarket without a mask and parade yourself proudly in front of a bunch of little old ladies.

• Upvote 1

Just now, skend04 said:

Can she take her husband at the same time?

I don't think we've ever lived in an age as bereft of basic common decency. People disagreeing with her will be painted as having simply a "different political opinion" but it's not, it's simple humanity. The amount of people who exist in, it has to be said, mainly British and American society now who seemingly make a living out of cruelty is off the charts. 

31 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Both today and yesterday I've seen the exact same situation in the shops, pairs of fat scal wannabe Harry hard arms types not wearing masks but making loads of racket so people would notice, shouting to each other, mouthing off about someone looking at them funny or complaining about them to shop staff, burping loudly and the likes to get noticed. 

Imagine how sad your life has got to be that in order to pat yourself on the back for being a hard man, you don't rob a bank, have a pub brawl, join a biker gang or start your own drug syndicate, but instead go to the supermarket without a mask and parade yourself proudly in front of a bunch of little old ladies.

Yeah I’ve noticed that a little bit too. Standing around looking at everyone just waiting for someone to ask them why they’re not wearing a mask. 

2 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Yeah I’ve noticed that a little bit too. Standing around looking at everyone just waiting for someone to ask them why they’re not wearing a mask. 

There was one in Tuebrook yesterday with a little kid in tow.

https://www.express.co.uk/travel/cruise/1317691/cruise-hurtigruten-european-cruises-coronavirus-outbreak-covid-19-latest

Major blow for cruises as COVID-19 outbreak swamps one of the first sailings to return

CRUISES have been dealt a new blow, with one of the first European cruises to return to sailing reporting an outbreak of coronavirus onboard. What does this mean for future cruise plans?

Norwegian cruise line Huritgruten became one of the first in Europe to take to the seas once again after months docked during the peak of the coronavirus pandemic. However, following its 7-day cruise which departed on July 24, a new outbreak of the virus was detected onboard.

The expedition cruise ship Roald Amundsen sailed from Tromsø, Norway on July 24 with 177 passengers and 160 crew onboard.

However, during the sailing, it is reported that a number of crew members began to feel unwell - though were not showing traditional signs of COVID-19.

Given the prominence of the pandemic, those crew members were isolated, however, on August 1 the cruise line revealed that following tests a number of other workers were also found to be carrying the virus.

“Four crew members were confirmed positive Friday,” a statement on the Hurtigruten website reads.

“Extensive testing of the entire crew has concluded that additional 32 crew members are confirmed as COVID-19 positive. 122 of the crew have tested negative.”

According to the cruise line, three guests have also since tested positive.

“The initial four crew members that were infected were isolated several days ago because of other disease symptoms, showing no symptoms of COVID-19,” continues the statement.

“They were routinely tested before being admitted to hospital in Tromsø, Norway Friday morning.”

Hurtigruten is in contact with all guests that were onboard MS Roald Amundsen's 24 departures, all of whom are now reported to be quarantining in line with Norwegian health regulations.

A further 209 passengers who were travelling aboard the previous sailing, departing on July 17, have also been notified and requested to self-isolate.

All passengers continue to be tested by the cruise company.

Hurtiggruten was at the forefront of resuming cruising in Europe, initially offering cruises to Norway out of Hamburg, Germany onboard its passenger ship Fridtjof Nansen in June.

It later added cruises to Svalbard on the Roald Amundsen and the 335-passenger Spitsbergen the in July.

However, it seems sailings are on hold again, as the company presses ahead with investigating the incident.

“We are now focusing all available efforts in taking care of our guests and colleagues,” said Hurtigruten VP Global Communications Rune Thomas Ege.

“We work closely with the Norwegian national and local health authorities for follow-up, information, further testing, and infection tracking.

“The safety and well-being of our guests and crew is Hurtigruten’s number one priority. All crew members are closely monitored and screened daily,” he added.

“Non-Norwegian crew members are quarantined before boarding the ship, and non-European crew need to undergo two negative COVID-19 tests before even leaving their home country.”

All planned cruises are now on hold, and the next sailing from the line will not take place until September.

What does this mean for future cruises?

The new outbreak is a blow for the industry, which has been working hard to put in place new safety and hygiene measures.

Major lines Norwegian Cruise Line and Royal Caribbean have joined forces in a bid to develop new standards on board their ships.

The companies hope to find new ways to enhance the health and hygiene measures currently implemented on big-name cruises as part of their “Healthy Sail Panel” initiative.

However, despite the positive moves, travel journalist Simon Calder has said he believes cruises have been "hit the hardest". 

“Travel is the industry of human happiness,” he said, “but I must say I'm not confident that cruising will come back.”

14 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Second wave on the way and face masks in shops top of the news, poor ol TK, he would've been all over this shit. Why did he leave?

He said he and @Rico1304 couldn't co-exist on the site and couldn't stop arguing. A bit like you and @Nummer Neunzehn. I predict a @Gnasher flounce before the end of 2020.

16 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

I keep smiling at people in shops with my mask on. Maybe I’m just a bit more aware of my facial movements these days but I’m pretty sure this rarely, if ever, happened when I wasn’t wearing a mask.

Strange times. 

Get yourself one of these and go back to walking round in a contentment of misery, while the mask saves your over-compensated eye smiles 

7CEF8AC7-5267-4BF5-979C-98AC17435960.jpeg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

He said he and @Rico1304 couldn't co-exist on the site and couldn't stop arguing. A bit like you and @Nummer Neunzehn. I predict a @Gnasher flounce before the end of 2020.

He left just as the Maddie news started to break.  I think he’s hate wanking a cadaver dog now.  

Has NV flounced before?