You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

Herman Cain, the former presidential candidate and former CEO of Godfather’s Pizza, has died from coronavirus, according to an obituary sent from his verified Twitter account and Newsmax, where he was launching a television show.

Cain, as a co-chair of Black Voices for Trump, tested positive for Covid 19 on June 29 and was hospitalized on July 1 after developing symptoms serious enough to be hospitalized, according to the statement posted on Twitter. 

Cain's last public appearance was as one of the surrogates at President Trump's June 20 rally in Tulsa OK.

26 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Herman Cain, the former presidential candidate and former CEO of Godfather’s Pizza, has died from coronavirus, according to an obituary sent from his verified Twitter account and Newsmax, where he was launching a television show.

Cain, as a co-chair of Black Voices for Trump, tested positive for Covid 19 on June 29 and was hospitalized on July 1 after developing symptoms serious enough to be hospitalized, according to the statement posted on Twitter. 

Cain's last public appearance was as one of the surrogates at President Trump's June 20 rally in Tulsa OK.

2 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Yes Lewis, we’re all in this together. 

That's class, the lack of self awareness is outstanding. Princess Anne was on telly the other day talking about watching her kids cope with the pressures of home schooling her grandkids.

7 hours ago, johnsusername said:

It's weird seeing people bunching together like that now. 

That brings back some memories. 

That wheel burned my 90s synthetic LFC shorts to a crisp and did worse to my legs.

6 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

They haven’t a fucking clue what they are doing have they? It’s astounding how hopeless this government’s response has been. Last night was farcical, no one had a clue what was happening.  

It's just bizarre that a government so obsessed with short term PR can fuck up communications so badly time after time. I suppose that's what you get when you hollow out the party and cabinet so it's just yes men and Brexit ideologues led by a serially incompetent chancer and a Svengali who's nowhere near as clever as he thinks he is.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

They haven’t a fucking clue what they are doing have they? It’s astounding how hopeless this government’s response has been. Last night was farcical, no one had a clue what was happening.  

They still don’t,

Hancock contradicted government advice on the BBC about an hour back.

We’re left to unpick the riddle.

Just charge your friends a nominal fee* for drinks at your gaff and claim you’re a pub.

*i assume you do this already so the awkward social faux pas needn’t elicit any bad feeling.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mudface said:

It's just bizarre that a government so obsessed with short term PR can fuck up communications so badly time after time. I suppose that's what you get when you hollow out the party and cabinet so it's just yes men and Brexit ideologues led by a serially incompetent chancer and a Svengali who's nowhere near as clever as he thinks he is.

Part of the ideology of Cummings is based around the idea of ‘Superforcasters’ who have the ability, through training, of foreseeing events with a better degree of accuracy to most.

Part of this is deferred leadership, where an objective is given, but no rules on how to achieve it. This means that the cabinet of the unfortunates has been tasked with thinking on its feet without being able to stand.

Outstanding fuck up.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mudface said:

‘Cummings is a genius’ is probably the biggest lie anyone’s used in politics in the last 5 years.  I hate Johnson with a passion and his entire act is crumbling before our eyes.  They’ve had months to prepare clear and concise instructions, brief media and then implement. Idiots. 

9 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Neither has the press. The papers are saying bans from meeting indoors but it also bans outdoor meetings between families.

I can't meet people i know in a pub, but if I go into my local I'll meet people I know anyway

10 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

‘Cummings is a genius’ is probably the biggest lie anyone’s used in politics in the last 5 years.  I hate Johnson with a passion and his entire act is crumbling before our eyes.  They’ve had months to prepare clear and concise instructions, brief media and then implement. Idiots. 

Yep, the really annoying thing is that they're probably right in what they're doing in Manchester at the moment, but the confused and contradictory messaging is going to put off people who'd comply, and just provide further ammunition for the conspiracy theorists and 'don't tell me what to do' brigade.

11 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Part of the ideology of Cummings is based around the idea of ‘Superforcasters’ who have the ability, through training, of foreseeing events with a better degree of accuracy to most.

Part of this is deferred leadership, where an objective is given, but no rules on how to achieve it. This means that the cabinet of the unfortunates has been tasked with thinking on its feet without being able to stand.

Outstanding fuck up.

Aye, couple that with libertarian Johnson being terrified for ideological reasons of having a government tell people what to do* and it's just a nightmare. 

*Except if you're unemployed of course, then your life belongs to the state.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Here’s a good place to start with an overview of how we got here.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2019/sep/19/why-cant-we-agree-on-whats-true-anymore

Its part of a very deliberate policy to confuse the electorate so they have to piece together their own reality and create an interpersonal ‘narrative’ which they can cling on to.

Division is encouraged as people’s will cling on to ‘saviours’ etc if they are confused, the saviours being ‘our leaders’. Reject experts they’re the ones who got us in to this mess. What you need is Gavin Williamson, Fire place salesman of the year 2014 his only credentials, as he is looking out for ‘you’, honestly...

Ive said it before but Cummings is a nerd with a laptop, and a questionable reading list and contact book, who understands data, he’s not a genius, but when those around him look at his work as pre historic man did fire then he’s going to start believing he is.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

Love this cunt to be tied up and locked in a room with Mook and a pallet of Pineapples. 

Fuck me thats wound me up. Thats the level of self-indulgence and entitlement that many of these anti-mask cunts have. Even when she is visibly upset he carries on goading her. Funny how he picked on two young girls though. I'd happily shove his phone up his fucking arse for him 

• Upvote 4