You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

9 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

England’s chief nurse has confirmed she was dropped from a daily Downing Street coronavirus briefing after refusing to back Dominic Cummings.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/jul/20/englands-chief-nurse-dropped-from-covid-19-briefing-after-refusing-to-back-cummings-ruth-may

Just following the science, no doubt.

21 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Just wear a fucking mask, most of you are ugly cunts anyway. You’ll be doing the rest of us a favour.

My mask covers my eyes so I don't have to look at you. 

7 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

London has been dead since restrictions were lifted, at least centrally. You have to factor in tourists, but they’re is a noticeable lack of people central. The roads are hammered with far more cars and bikes, so that might explain the tube being quiet, most people I know will do anything to avoid public transport including a ten minute car journey taking a hour.

Central outwards is busier though, with some parts looking at pre lockdown level. Outside the big central parks (Hyde & Regents) the parks are hammered on sunny days. Lots of people are just acting as if it’s over, which reading between the lines of Alex’s mixed messaging it is...

The journey from euston to the city is not a tourist route, it's a business route. At the time I arrived in London Euston can be shit with over crowding and waiting 2 or 3 tubes to get on one is the norm. Instead I got on one that was pretty empty from an empty platform. The city itself is deserted. Pretty much all the independent places are close and many of the chains too if they've another close by. If you told me I'd arrived on Christmas day, I could have believed it. I went for a pint when I finished, had to walk past 4 pubs to get one open. 

4 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

So its revealed the death numbers are inflated and theres to be an investigation. No surprises there then.

Well that's swings and round abouts isn't it? People dying of covid in care homes who hadn't been tested weren't allowed in the numbers. The most important number I think is how far off the average deaths we were and that's much, much bigger than the official total. 

23 hours ago, The Gaul said:

I don't think this is helped by how relaxed the big supermarkets have got. All of the social distancing efforts have all but been thrown out of the window. The 1 way stuff, someone by the door to sanitise the handle on your trolley, the socially distanced queuing for the tills.  

The queuing system outside worked better than I thought it would but one inside it was the usual free for all. The Asda in Walton still had the queuing system for the tills last week.

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

The Oxford vaccine produces a two pronged immune response and is safe apparently, early days but promising news. 

Side effects include webbed feet, tennis elbow and delusions of grandeur.

Hope it works.

2 hours ago, Razoray said:

45,000 people have officially died of Covid-19 in the UK. About half have died in care homes. So that's approx. 22,500 that have died in hospitals. There are 1250 hospitals in the country. On average that is 18 dead in each hospital, over about 16 weeks. Hospitals are not pumping out dead bodies but that does not mean that is a hoax or that you or your sister are being lied to. 

Hancock is trying to cover for his government's disastrous handling of the epidemic. Freddie Mercury died of pneumonia but we all know it that was the true cause of death.

There are 65,000 excess deaths this year in the UK. That would be the real figure I'd be looking at.  

Who said it was hoax? I never said any such word. Its pretty obvious a virus does exist. But that doesn't mean that its an uncontrollable behemoth thats cutting everyone down. Unless you get your info from main stream media.

The mere fact that the daily death count can't be relied on makes the whole situation, one not to be trusted. That WHO changes its story every month, one minute masks are nothing, then they are everything. Throw in the political left vs right and you got yourself a witches brew. Like the BLM debacle, Ive seen people silenced for their alternate views, people who know their shit but it doesn't fit the narrative and so they are shut down.

Something is going on and I guess we will see in a few years time. They are already working on digital health I.Ds that could in effect, stop freedom of movement. But we will see.

• Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

one minute masks are nothing, then they are everything.

That is not quite what happened but certainly the governments are fine with anyone using whatever rationale makes them feel safer at this point. People convinced they are safe enough to do that whole economy thing is really all they need. Or want.

17 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

You can always ask Uncle Bill, a billionaire with a hobby for eugenics.

Its the kind of thing you would expect out of a Batman comic.

You sound like an anti vaxer, conspiracy theory type person

AKA an ignorant cunt

Do you also believe in Qanon and how come you believe any old shit peddled?

Do you think you're naturally gullible, really stupid or a bit of both?

Do you also use, 'sheeple'?

3 hours ago, Josef Svejk said:

One brief "commentary" in a sea of publications. Not even a peer reviewed scientific article. And the government acts on it...

It's so dangerous.

If your science is based on 'a study', not peer reviewed, not scientifically sound, not ethically sound, then we'll be back talking about eugenics again before very long. 

1 hour ago, mattyq said:

You sound like an anti vaxer, conspiracy theory type person

AKA an ignorant cunt

Do you also believe in Qanon and how come you believe any old shit peddled?

Do you think you're naturally gullible, really stupid or a bit of both?

Do you also use, 'sheeple'?

Ah these old tropes. Dont like the cut of my jib so I'm an anti vaxxer and tin foil hat persona? Predictable response from the uneducated.

Nope i just question stuff. I certainly don't want to go around shoving any old shit into my body on someones whim. And old Bill, well if you dig a little deeper, his name is mud in certain countries where he has been testing out his little hobby and leaving the poor fucked.

So go fuck yourself.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Ah these old tropes. Dont like the cut of my jib so I'm an anti vaxxer and tin foil hat persona? Predictable response from the uneducated.

Nope i just question stuff. I certainly don't want to go around shoving any old shit into my body on someones whim. And old Bill, well if you dig a little deeper, his name is mud in certain countries where he has been testing out his little hobby and leaving the poor fucked.

So go fuck yourself.

The irony coming from a right wing stooge like yourself.

Dear oh dear.

7 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

So go fuck yourself.

But earlier you implied that since only one person in the large organisation you work for might have had covid-19 then this was a reason to doubt the danger. I work for a small organisation: one colleague has been very ill, her father died of it, and a ten year old was in hospital in a coma (he has recovered). From my perspective, anyone who suggests the media is exaggerating the danger is simply wrong.

16 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Had my first semi-normal weekend in months. Got a haircut on Thursday, wasn't sure how it all worked at first but was simple enough, just gave my number in, hand sanitiser etc and barbers had visors on. The Mrs has done a sterling job of shaving my head but I wanted to do something that felt a bit, I dunno, normal. 

We went for a steak on Friday night, again, wasn't sure how it'd work but it was sound. Hand sanitizer at the door, paper menus. Then went to Costa yesterday and that was sound too. Staff at all three places said how much they were enjoying being back and how it'd all been bad for their marbles.

Preferred the original Craig David version. 

• Upvote 6

28 minutes ago, mars said:

But earlier you implied that since only one person in the large organisation you work for might have had covid-19 then this was a reason to doubt the danger. I work for a small organisation: one colleague has been very ill, her father died of it, and a ten year old was in hospital in a coma (he has recovered). From my perspective, anyone who suggests the media is exaggerating the danger is simply wrong.

It would take serious coordination to pull off such a thing on a global scale. You’d also have to ask the question ‘why’. There’s being sceptical then there’s being highly illogical, Jim. 

50 minutes ago, Numero said:

It would take serious coordination to pull off such a thing on a global scale. You’d also have to ask the question ‘why’. There’s being sceptical then there’s being highly illogical, Jim. 

Duh, there'll be ID chips in the vaccine of course. The vaccine will also change our DNA and allow the Powers That Be to patent our genomes and install a kill switch. They'll own us completely. It's been part of Gates's master plan since he unleashed Windows ME on us all.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Duh, there'll be ID chips in the vaccine of course. The vaccine will also change our DNA and allow the Powers That Be to patent our genomes and install a kill switch. They'll own us completely. It's been part of Gates's master plan since he unleashed Windows ME on us all.

But what’s the downside?