You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

So how much do fucking masks cost then? Suppose I'll have to bastard well stock up now!

On a side issue to this, I'm genuinely concerned about the amount of waste this will create, as let's be honest, most people (me included probably) will use disposable masks! It's an environmental nightmare, especially with the scruffy cunts who ditch them on the floor!

11 minutes ago, Geoff Woade said:

Just seen that masks compulsory from 24th. That’s fine, what I don’t get is the delay, why the 24th, why not 20th, why not 14th? It just seems weird. Everything seems delayed or ‘from this date’. 
If it’s considered imperative why not from ‘now’?

It all feels a little bit 'stable door horse bolted' to me. Why now? Why not April or May? I know there would have been chaos with the lack of PPE back in March, and I know they're still learning about the virus, but it's predominantly a respiratory illness so masks would surely have made sense before now!

11 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

There do seem to be an awful lot of people who are absolute gluttons for any negativity. After the past five years or so I can understand that to some extent, but the fact we're more than six months into this thing and most of us are still alive probably suggests that this isn't going to be the end of humanity.

The sheer relish with which second waves keep being predicted is what gets me. We should be on our sixth or seventh second spike by now, after the VE Day Spike, the Bank Holiday spike, the Crowded Beaches spike, the Celebrating Liverpool Fans spike, the Shops Have Reopened spike and the Pubs Have Reopened spike. But deaths continue to drop, with a stubborn disregard for the prophesies of doom.

Oh, but there was a second wave with the Spanish flu they say, usually in the same breath with which they've been telling you that you can't compare covid to flu.

There's a minority of people, specifically the old and those with pre-existing illnesses, for whom the disease is really nasty and the risks are high. The focus from day one should have been on shielding those people while allowing the rest of the country to get on with their lives with as little disruption as possible. Instead they discharged sick people into care homes to free up hospital beds that were never going to be needed.

I hope the next epidemic, whenever it comes, is met with more rational heads on cooler shoulders.

When the lessons come to be learned from this pandemic the main one will definitely be that those countries who kept cool heads, understood it was not much more than business as usual and acted rationally to keep economies open were the ones that dealt with it best.

That’ll be it for sure.

12 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Remember when that happened and the general consensus was ‘hold on, why would it be the Russians?’ With a Russian poison, trying to kill a Russian spy, by Russian agents, admiring English cathedrals.  

Anybody who believes the official story on this either hasn't done enough reading or is stupid. It may well have been the russians, but the story just doesn't add up at all.

5 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

Anybody who believes the official story on this either hasn't done enough reading or is stupid. It may well have been the russians, but the story just doesn't add up at all.

Remember every other conspiracy theory you’ve been sucked into? File this one with all those. 

9 hours ago, Geoff Woade said:

Just seen that masks compulsory from 24th. That’s fine, what I don’t get is the delay, why the 24th, why not 20th, why not 14th? It just seems weird. Everything seems delayed or ‘from this date’. 
If it’s considered imperative why not from ‘now’?

As there will be a legally enforceable fine, I would assume there needs to be a minimum amount of warning time.

Did anyone watch the TV drama about it? The "hero" copper came across as an absolute bellend. Warns People to stay out of the house when he finds out the owner is an ex spy, goes in, touches everything, rubs his eyes, gets ill, goes a bit blind, spreads it around his house where his kids sleep and his police station, doesn't tell anyone, hears about the nerve agent/russian connection, still doesn't tell anyone. Collapses and gets taken to hospital.

In my book, you get points for staying out of the can.

paulie.png

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Remember every other conspiracy theory you’ve been sucked into? File this one with all those. 

This is the wrong thread, so I will post a link, not the article... but too many things just do not add up - https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2019/03/pure-ten-points-i-just-cant-believe-about-the-official-skripal-narrative/

*Please play the ball, not the man.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

So how much do fucking masks cost then? Suppose I'll have to bastard well stock up now!

On a side issue to this, I'm genuinely concerned about the amount of waste this will create, as let's be honest, most people (me included probably) will use disposable masks! It's an environmental nightmare, especially with the scruffy cunts who ditch them on the floor!

It's okay, plastic pollution isn't an issue any more, it's just one of the many things that don't matter any more, like contact with other people, holidays, eating, being able to breathe etc

15 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Just went back to my office today on "voluntary basis" which was hardly "voluntary" because they basically called me out to ask if I was coming back on Zoom in front of the whole team. Well, the security measures if you can even call them that are a fucking disgrace. Hand sanitizer and 2 people capacity for washrooms is the extent of it. No masks, no distancing. People were coming into my cubicle and parking themselves next to my face to talk. I wanted to clock them. Absolutely ridiculous. It's like barely anything's changed. 

Do you not lock the door when you go for a shite?

• Upvote 2

Have I got this right? You must wear a mask on the bus to town. You have to wear a mask whilst browsing books in Waterstones or buying underwear in Marks & Spencer. However, if you’re feeling hungry or thirsty, you can go to your favourite pub or restaurant, remove your mask and fill your boots. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Have I got this right? You must wear a mask on the bus to town. You have to wear a mask whilst browsing books in Waterstones or buying underwear in Marks & Spencer. However, if you’re feeling hungry or thirsty, you can go to your favourite pub or restaurant, remove your mask and fill your boots. 

You're correct. Unless you are fed through a PEG, then you can leave the mask on.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

You're also exempt if you're disabled, ie the kind of person who is most likely to get and transmit the virus.

• Upvote 2

https://nypost.com/2020/07/12/new-york-city-marks-first-day-without-coronavirus-death-since-march/

New York City just reached its first day in nearly four months without a single coronavirus death, according to preliminary numbers released Sunday.

The data from the New York City health department released Sunday recorded no COVID-19 fatalities on Saturday — the first time since March 13 that no deaths of the virus were reported in the Big Apple.

https://mb.com.ph/2020/07/14/beijing-reports-no-new-domestically-transmitted-covid-19-cases-for-8th-day/

BEIJING, July 14 (Xinhua) — Beijing reported no new confirmed domestically transmitted COVID-19 cases Monday, the municipal health commission said Tuesday.

This marked that the Chinese capital city had reported no new confirmed domestically transmitted COVID-19 cases for eight consecutive days.

No asymptomatic cases or suspected cases were reported. A total of 21 patients were discharged from hospitals after recovery on Monday, the commission said in a daily report.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/13/german-study-covid-19-infection-rate-schools-saxony

Very few of 2,000 schoolchildren and teachers tested in the German state of Saxony showed antibodies to Covid-19, a study has found, suggesting schools may not play as big a role in spreading the virus as some had feared.

• Upvote 1