You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

35 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

This Doctor (Mike Hansen) produced a video on all of this, effectively describing COVID-19 as a mimic virus that can take any form that it wants to. This is based on a number of autopsy findings...

And this video more refers specifically to the brain...

43 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

This Doctor (Mike Hansen) produced a video on all of this, effectively describing COVID-19 as a mimic virus that can take any form that it wants to. This is based on a number of autopsy findings...

Like Mr Ben? 

1 minute ago, Spy Bee said:

People who didn't have Covid-19 also got strokes.

That goes back to the argument that "they were going to die anyway". The point to the videos above is that COVID-19 is not just simply a virus that causes lung failure, a cold or flu like symptoms. It can take a whole range of forms and that even the people who are asymptomatic may not be that at all - there may be stuff going on that they can not see or feel and will result in a number of alternative problems.

12 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

That goes back to the argument that "they were going to die anyway". The point to the videos above is that COVID-19 is not just simply a virus that causes lung failure, a cold or flu like symptoms. It can take a whole range of forms and that even the people who are asymptomatic may not be that at all - there may be stuff going on that they can not see or feel and will result in a number of alternative problems.

The article seems to suggest that it's not neurological damage but some kind of reaction to the body's attempts to fight the virus off. The auto-immune response seems to be what's causing the issue with this entire disease, if they can find a way to suppress that then that's surely the silver bullet. (I liked the bit about the old girl seeing monkeys and tigers around the house though, that's one hell of a sick note for HR that is. Top drawer.) 

But I'm not a fan of these types of videos and stories, especially if they're being peddled by Russia Today. Seen all sorts of shite in the last week from a new swine flu to the return of the black death (antibiotics cures the black death, I wash my balls in black death for fun). We had all sorts while Covid was still on the rise, from women with exploding hearts to kids turning into motorbikes. 

Covid is 40% nasty shite and 60% hysteria exacerbated by an unholy alliance of lazy, under pressure clickbait media and academics looking for research grant handouts and/or wanting to shit on the repuatations of rivals. 

"Dr Plum from the University of Old Swan - a technical college - says 'Covid worst thing since AIDS." "His study, which has yet to be peer reviewed, paints a grim picture and, if we were you, we'd just top ourselves and get it over with. Before that though, you'll never believe what Michelle Fowler looks like now." 

Fuck all y'all.  

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

The article seems to suggest that it's not neurological damage but some kind of reaction to the body's attempts to fight the virus off. The auto-immune response seems to be what's causing the issue with this entire disease, if they can find a way to suppress that then that's surely the silver bullet. (I liked the bit about the old girl seeing monkeys and tigers around the house though, that's one hell of a sick note for HR that is. Top drawer.) 

This is what the virus does, it turns the bodies immune system against the body and then the body tries to fight back. This is known as the Cytokine Storm. Saying that it's not the virus that is causing these issues but the bodies' reaction to it is like saying that it's not the drunk driver that's killing the pedestrian, it's the car they are driving.

4 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

£10 off per head? 50% off? £20 per head in a restaurant seems a little on the low side.

Not if you’re talking about the kind of chain restaurants where there’ll be loads of people laid off. Frankie & Benny’s, Prezzo, Pizza Hut, etc. £20 per person seems about right if ale isn’t included. 

Wetherspoons is even cheaper but that cunt will be looking to sack people regardless. 

Not getting the £500 I didn't think I was going to get anyway is still disappointing. 

The last thing I'll be doing in the next couple of months is going to places with loads of other people and eating food that's been prepared by other people out of my sight. 

9 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I think it's way too soon to be confidently declaring anyone's strategy a success. New Zealand can't cut itself off from the rest of the world forever. It's obviously great that they've managed to limit the impact thus far, albeit aided immensely by the fact they are sparsely populated and geographically isolated, but let's see what the situation is like in two or three years.

I think we can absolutely declare the reaction to early stages of the crisis a failure or success at this point. Ours is a failure. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

Out of curiosity, what are the figures from the UK now, regarding daily deaths etc..... 

Since they stopped reporting on it, are they basically covering the truth of it now? 

No idea what todays figures are but they have been covering up the truth throughout. 

3 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

Out of curiosity, what are the figures from the UK now, regarding daily deaths etc..... 

Since they stopped reporting on it, are they basically covering the truth of it now? 

They are reported here...

https://coronavstats.co.uk/

They are only as truthful as testing allows them to be.

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

No idea what todays figures are but they have been covering up the truth throughout. 

126 new deaths and 630 new infections. Not sure if just pillar one or pillar one and two.

5 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

126 new deaths and 630 new infections. Not sure if just pillar one or pillar one and two.

And that cunt was in Parliament earlier saying the government should be praised for the low figures. But yeah "Go the pub!" 

8 minutes ago, Mudface said:

For the overall UK figures (and for England since last week), it's both.

I seem to recall Nick Hancock saying pillar two figures take longer to receive, which was why the Leicester figures were so low. I'm guessing that was just a blag and now they're being included in the daily figures again?

2 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

I seem to recall Nick Hancock saying pillar two figures take longer to receive, which was why the Leicester figures were so low. I'm guessing that was just a blag and now they're being included in the daily figures again?

He's hoping we think its all over. 

• Upvote 2