You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

10 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Can't anybody just go and get tested now if they want too. It's personal choice.

Yeah, we had one done Sunday as my daughter was coughing a lot and running a fever. The website was broken, surprisingly, so we just went to the test centre, we were the only ones there in Hackney at mid day. 

They gave us the the kit and we did the test ourselves and then had to register it with 119. 

Results came back within twenty four hours, all negative, thankfully.

12 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Latest stats show that 1 in 2,200 people had the virus at any point in the second half of June.

Assuming 40 people per establishment, this means you would need to visit approximately 55 bars to encounter a single person with the virus.

Sounds like one hell of a pub crawl.

What stats?

I've found your 1 in 2200 shot.

https://www.burnham-on-sea.com/news/burnham-on-seas-lighthouse-pub-closes-after-customer-tests-positive-for-covid-19/

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Coronavirus tests: 2.5m go missing as Government reveals nearly a quarter of testing kits sent out were never returned

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/coronavirus-tests-uk-latest-missing-tests-never-returned-covid-19-outbreak-493810

I’m one of those people. My test got delivered at tea time on Thursday night. I was already feeling better and it was too late to get it done and get it delivered to a ‘priority’ postbox like it said on the instructions. You’re not supposed to send it on a weekend either. 

As I said here, I was 99% sure it was just my existing ailment causing me to feel shite but I’ve now got one of the testing kits just sat in a drawer in the kitchen. 

19 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Do you reckon these twats are going to give us all £500? If so, I bet there'll be massive limits on how and where you can spend it. Plus, if it comes to fruition, just imagine the "free stuff for everyone!" shouts if a Labour government would've rolled out such a scheme. 

Weatherspoons vouchers. Certain beers only.