You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

11 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

I like drinking at home, but I must admit I do like the occasional nice pint of Guinness or porter in a decent boozer. Last pint I had in a pub before lockdown was in the Peveril of the Peak in Manchester when a good workmate was leaving! Great beer, nice little pub!

What you need is one of these! My own porter from a keg in the front room! 

IMG_20200624_205348.jpg

• Upvote 5

47 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Baz showing that new normal sign of status/wealth, the bog roll.

Nice touch

Kitchen roll mate. With kids around, it's an essential! 

30 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

What colour‘s your wheelie bin? 

Wool. 

It's my green garden bin mate. My purple ones are out front! 

• Upvote 1

Just been to two different work sites in town. Passed a number of pubs. No queues. No masses of people outside drooling at the mouth and they didn't seem like they were to busy inside either.

Seemed to be loads of girls about dressed up ans showing a nice bit of leg though.

So I have just finished watching Marr this morning. Simon Stevens and nick Hancock were both on. All I keep hearing from all of them is how they're pointing the blame to other people. NHS, blaming public health England. The government blaming clinicians. The NHS didn't take any ppe that was going care homes, even though they did. Apparently in march we didn't know about asymptomatic people when people were sent home to care homes, even though it was talked about by sage as far back as January. We will learn absolutely nothing from this crisis because there is absolutely no desire to do so. The only desire is for these bunch of lying cunts to come out of this without any blame. And despite how well Starmer has been doing at PMQs, we can't be too far away from summer recess and when we return we will almost certainly be swamped with Brexit news, brushing all this under the carpet and everyone just taking the gamble there won't be a 2nd wave. 

Are things like this in other countries? We get a lot and easy access to US news and it's 100% clear it's exactly the same there. Is the whole world like this or are there some countries that actually care about their people and even if they had a bad covid experience their objective is not to have another? 

26 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

Are things like this in other countries? We get a lot and easy access to US news and it's 100% clear it's exactly the same there. Is the whole world like this or are there some countries that actually care about their people and even if they had a bad covid experience their objective is not to have another? 

£$€ > people.

11 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

It’s alright, we’re all getting £500 to blow on coke and hookers soon, so I, for one, think we should get off their backs now as it’s ‘time to move on’.

Fuck your facts and figures. 

Where do I sign up for this?

• Upvote 1

Vietnam has had 355 cases total (340 cured), 0 deaths. 80 days since the last community acquired case, only repatriated  Vietnamese.

Quarantine, tracking and mass testing. Borders closed immediately, schools closed for months, and an almost total lockdown for about 6 weeks. No public transport, essential services only and face masks compulsory in public.

• Upvote 2

Hungarian borders opened to all visitors from the EU. UK excluded from this

Seems to be a common theme in the region that UK is either banned or require additional tests/certificates/self-isolation with only Czech Republic & Croatia opening up to them

My family don’t get why they can’t come over. They don’t seem to understand that the rest of the world is generally horrified by the incompetence of the British virus handling and see them as a massive risk to a second wave