You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

From the Daily Nazi

Speaking from the balcony of his villa in northern Greece (bottom) last night, Mr Johnson said: 'I'm in Pelion on essential business trying to Covid-proof my property in view of the upcoming letting season. I need to set up distancing measures at the property because they're taking it very seriously here.'

1 minute ago, M_B said:

From the Daily Nazi

Speaking from the balcony of his villa in northern Greece (bottom) last night, Mr Johnson said: 'I'm in Pelion on essential business trying to Covid-proof my property in view of the upcoming letting season. I need to set up distancing measures at the property because they're taking it very seriously here.'

Well that's fair enough, it obviously couldn't have been done by anyone else, and everyone with a second holiday home will sympathise.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, stringvest said:

My almost step-daughter had the virus a while back, this week she went for the antibody test and it came back negative.  

It wasn't a moody test either, twas at the docs, but apparently they're not that reliable either.

Out of interest if she knew she'd had it, why did she take the antibody test?

4 minutes ago, stringvest said:

yep

So either the antibody test doesn't work or the virus does not leave antibodies. Neither scenario is particularly good news. 

My sister-in-law's cousin, and her sister's mate's dad also tested negative for antibodies, after also having the virus. I think it's really common.

They were saying a while ago that t-cell response is more important in fighting off this virus than antibodies, which is why so many people are basically immune to it, and won't have detectable levels of antibodies.

On checking, there is actually a current news story about it:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53248660

Just now, Fluter in Dakota said:

So either the antibody test doesn't work or the virus does not leave antibodies. Neither scenario is particularly good news. 

yes - she's not the only one to have the same results.  It could be that the antibodies have a very short life, but it could be that the tests are crap.

2 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

I think the media is letting them off the hook, the fact that the death rates are still miles ahead of our EU neighbours is barely discussed now. This is yesterday’s figures:

CE847C92-03DC-4CF9-A040-3D6EF2DAA402.png

I should be surprised that our press are barely commenting on the fact that ( bar Russia ) our deaths are higher than the other 18 of the top 20 in Europe, but the fact I am not says it all.

5 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Does this mean the seven day rolling average has levelled off?

D9D43461-8047-46DB-95EE-258C894C2EDF.png

And they’re just the ones with confirmed positive tests. 

Looks like it, yeah- the 7 day average has been around 120 or so since the 23rd of June, fitting in with the average daily infections not really moving much from early to mid June. 7 day average daily infections have gone down by maybe 20% since the 23rd so presumably deaths over the next couple of weeks will follow the same trajectory.

If you hover the mouse or click on the first chart here, you can see the figures each plus the 7 day averages- https://coronavstats.co.uk

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Money still talks.  A friend of the wife got a private jet to Ibiza on Monday.  What airbridge? Essential travel?  

Twas ever thus.  I know someone who is in the private jet business and for some reason he's busier now than he's been for a good while, probably years.

3 hours ago, mattyq said:

The average house price in Henley is £750k

They don't have to mix with the hoi-polloi

Went to school with a lad who moved to Henley, his daughter rowed for England. Now lives in a massive house in the IOW, not bad for a smelly from Old Swan.

Went in the Airforce came out and made money working for photocopying firms. Seems a bit of a snotty cunt now. Not coronavirus related but cunt related.

1 minute ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Went to school with a lad who moved to Henley, his daughter rowed for England. Now lives in a massive house in the IOW, not bad for a smelly from Old Swan.

Went in the Airforce came out and made money working for photocopying firms. Seems a bit of a snotty cunt now. Not coronavirus related but cunt related.

I'd artehr live in Old Swan. Proper Deliverance gear over there. One of my favourite restaurants is in Ryde. Quick hovercraft over from Southsea beach. They are all fucking weird. 

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I'd artehr live in Old Swan. Proper Deliverance gear over there. One of my favourite restaurants is in Ryde. Quick hovercraft over from Southsea beach. They are all fucking weird. 

Gone right up his own arse looks like true corporate nobhead.

It occurs to me that the government closing Leicester down off the back of an increased number of positive tests creates a perverse incentive for people to avoid getting tested. Now people will have to balance getting tested with the consequences of what will happen if enough of those tests are positive.