You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

We promised you 100,000 tests a day and look I delivered ! (He didn't the figure was lower when they had the fanfare because they fudged the figures based)

Send the kids back to school. Kids can't transmit it

I'd like to go for a pint with Matt. 

SpiffyAlarmedEstuarinecrocodile-small.gi

This is why I doubt the daily figures being pumped out. We want schools back = kids are not spreading the virus. We are keeping schools closed = kids are spreading the virus. 

If it helps the economy, they will say anything to make it fit. 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

We promised you 100,000 tests a day and look I delivered ! (He didn't the figure was lower when they had the fanfare because they fudged the figures based)

Send the kids back to school. Kids can't transmit it

I'd like to go for a pint with Matt. 

SpiffyAlarmedEstuarinecrocodile-small.gi

There’s a GP crisis in the biggest town in his constituency which he’s ignored for years. I’m led to believe that the Guardian have given David Conn the green light to do a proper piece on it. Hopefully it comes off. 

1 hour ago, Sharp Shooter said:

@SasaS anything to say about this? 

Since you asked: as far as I can gather, Pillar 2 cases are included on the national level, but not on the sub-national level, meaning they complicate having a clear picture what is happening in a particular region. So a new hotspot would be included in the total number, but its location would be hidden in the Pillar 2 numbers. Which does not alter the overall trend in the UK, as far as I understand this.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Local supermarket we use were giving away official Euro 2020 footballs for anybody who spent more than 50€ shopping. (Not like anybody would buy them.) Made in the PRC. 

Just found out that Matthew Corbett has had Covid 19. He had best not have passed it on to my boy, Sweep. I’m not arsed about that smug, head-boyesque, up his own arse, Sooty. He can pass on what he likes to Sooty, and probably does every night. Fuck you, Sooty, you smug twat.

• Upvote 1

So- we don't know how many people are being tested, or even what actually constitutes a test as it could simply be mailing out a kit. Pillar 2 test results are publicly reported daily for Scotland, Wales, NI and the UK as a whole, but not for England, and English local authorities may not be aware of cases in their own area. The test and trace system is completely fucking useless and the contact app has had to be scrapped at great expense, even though a free open source one was available form Germany.

Great.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

As they are not releasing pillar two cases by locality, how did they know Leicester was experiencing a spike? 

Bojo knows, the public don't need to know.