You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

35 minutes ago, Aw Geez said:

Gf's work mate tested positive so we all got tested today. My and her have had bad stomachs for about a week, but could have been a shite Chinese or something.

Thats what stated it all mate. You're both fucked. 

28 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

How do you stop people travelling outside Leicester to the shops? Nuts. Slippery slope this, imagine people with accents from locked down cities being treated as plague bringers.

Everyone gets to know what it feels like to be a Scouser, sounds alright to me.

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, Sharp Shooter said:

So presumably if flights can still come in from the countries, the numbers you would assume would go up. That must mean there are currently not many flights coming in to the UK from those countries, in which case I hope the numbers are reflective of the flight status? 

My point it that it is not hard to believe the cases are going down in the UK, because this is what is generally happening in the entire region. UK is about 3 weeks behind the schedule with this. What is going on in the neighbouring countries has much greater relevance for the UK than what is going on in the US. Or India, or Brazil.

• Upvote 1

ITN bloke saying everyone in Leicester is baffled and the local hospitals have seen no increase in admissions. Could this be at least partly about social science? People on beaches and at the pier head at the weekend and pubs about to reopen, with a quick woah there nelly.

• Upvote 1

“I happen to think that the moment is not right now, in the middle of really getting things going, still dealing with the pandemic, when everybody is flat out,” he said.

Raise your hand if you know anyone other than a healthcare worker who has been "flat out" in the last 90 days.

3 hours ago, Stickman said:

Who cares we’ve got Super Saturday to look forward to

Coronavirus: Worst could be yet to come, WHO warns

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-53227219

They really should change their name from the WHO to the Woooooooo!

image.png

And the media are just as bad. They fucking love  a bad news story. This new potential pig flu pandemic. There are fucking loads of potential pandemics all the time. They are all over every bit of bad news. When Germany's R rate shot up it was popping up on everyone's mobile phone, but not a peep when it shot back down.

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

She's got a cob on because she thinks Liverpool will be back in Lockdown before she gets her hair done on Monday. Guess whose fault it is? Mine. I've barely left the fucking house. 

Shouldn't have left the receipt for the fireworks hanging around.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Spy Bee said:

They really should change their name from the WHO to the Woooooooo!

image.png

And the media are just as bad. They fucking love  a bad news story. This new potential pig flu pandemic. There are fucking loads of potential pandemics all the time. They are all over every bit of bad news. When Germany's R rate shot up it was popping up on everyone's mobile phone, but not a peep when it shot back down.

Yep.

"Current flu vaccines do not appear to protect against it, although they could be adapted to do so if needed."

The who are doomsayers but i suppose that's their job. Same with the doctors stressing about ending lockdown. They're not economists or mental health or social science experts, they're looking at it purely from an infection standpoint and that's understandable, but it's other people's jobs to look at the whole picture.

• Upvote 5

6 minutes ago, Numero said:

Oof. 

Just wait and see the shit we get if a similar thing happens in Liverpool after the celebrations. 

There were rallies in lots of places though so you expect to see similar results in those places too.

Wouldn't surprise me if there was a dodgy batch of testing kits about.

1 minute ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Just wait and see the shit we get if a similar thing happens in Liverpool after the celebrations. 

That’s exactly what I was thinking mate. As much of a fault as this is of the people going out doing it, it’s also the fault of the people allowing it to happen. The government should have sorted shit like that out more quickly and the opposition should have been on them about it. 

We promised you 100,000 tests a day and look I delivered ! (He didn't the figure was lower when they had the fanfare because they fudged the figures based)

Send the kids back to school. Kids can't transmit it

I'd like to go for a pint with Matt. 

SpiffyAlarmedEstuarinecrocodile-small.gi