You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

8 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

The parallels with Trump are interesting. Probably more than most businessmen they've both been surrounded all their careers by people who just nod and agree, that's where this kind of attitude comes from. You can imagine him being driven around and just pontificating all day, every day,  on every subject, from the correct way to teach kids to how to reorganise the judiciary, and not once will anyone have ever said to him: "fuck do you know about it? Dickhead?"

Yes Sir Alan, absolutely Sir Alan. 

Pointless twat. 

Both hosts of the worst reality show on TV. Considering they’re all shit, that’s quite something. You’re right though. Billionaires with yes men. 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Anubis said:

If he's that confident take him to a Covid ward and rub his face up against the patients' sweaty pubes. The horrible little cunt.

Just when you thought having Covid couldn’t get any worse ...Although kind of ironic when his face looks like a sweaty ball bag 

So, basically, they moved from centrally held data to Apple/Android’s decentralised system which gives better protection to user privacy (which everyone said they should), and are trying to blame Apple’s distance algorithm to save face.

In the meantime they’ve paid a shitload of cash to their chums who were ‘developing’ it. Isn’t one of Cunming’s family members involved in this latest shitshow?

1 hour ago, Stickman said:

Think it might be time to close this thread down as according to Sid James tribute act Lord Alan Sugar COVID-19 is maybe a hoax as he hasn’t died from it his wife hasn’t died from it nor knows anyone who has ..

I watched the video and nowhere does he say anything about it being a hoax. Just in case anyone doesn't watch it but goes by your untrue and inaccurate summarisation.

1 hour ago, Hank Moody said:

Both hosts of the worst reality show on TV. Considering they’re all shit, that’s quite something. You’re right though. Billionaires with yes men. 

Repped. Never seen the U.S. version but I find the U.K. one unwatchable because Sugar is such a bellend. I’ve never liked him.

3 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Repped. Never seen the U.S. version but I find the U.K. one unwatchable because Sugar is such a bellend. I’ve never liked him.

Yeah, reality capitalism isn't really my thing. Much less so when it's reality capitalism hosted by such a massive pair of bellends. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, mattyq said:

My mum lives in Angelsey, she won't be pleased

Seal off Llangefni by all means and have them shot 

If anybody ever happens to find themselves in Beaumaris go to the Tredici deli and order a sausage roll. They are the finest I've had the honour to sample 

Love a sausage roll I'll bear it in mind the next time I'm in Sunny Beaumaris is the shop on the main street? 

3 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

They are about middle of the pack for here in terms of cases but they have a pretty high mortality rate for that number - I think @Ne Moe Imyawas down there for awhile.

I am further north, bigger county, more cases but less deaths.

Beaches will make it difficult for Manatee. Same up here with Pinellas.

Lots of old folk in Manatee but I guess it's the same in Sarasota

Always had the feeling that Pinellas attracted a slightly younger crowd

I'm looking forward to adverts going back to just peddling shite rather than trying to blag that they've been part of some benevolent wartime effort. 

"We've been busy baking cakes and pies, some of which have no doubt been eaten by paramedics and our valued key workers."

"Our sofas have been providing a crucial place to sit, for people like doctors, who've finished a shift, and need to sit down."

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

I'm looking forward to adverts going back to just peddling shite rather than trying to blag that they've been part of some benevolent wartime effort. 

"We've been busy baking cakes and pies, some of which have no doubt been eaten by paramedics and our valued key workers."

"Our sofas have been providing a crucial place to sit, for people like doctors, who've finished a shift, and need to sit down."

The Specsavers advert comes with more gravitas than the Edward VIII abdication speech.

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

On a different tack, and I know this will be easy to mock, but it was a really nice gesture- my missus works for a third sector charity company in partnership with the NHS- they're key workers basically. Today, a local farmer just turned up with two big sacks of potatoes and onions and left them at reception for staff to help themselves. She took some potatoes which were absolutely lovely baked, such a simple thing to do, but the skins were perfect, crispy.

As I said, easy to mock- the fucker could have dropped off some carrots and lamb, ffs- but he didn't have to do that. I don't know his back story, whether he he was personally involved in a CV-19 case or with her company and just wanted to be nice or what, but if he sells stuff direct, I'm buying from him from now on and I hope a lot of her other staff do so too.

Fuck your mission statements, the endless emails telling me how you're helping keep everyone safe while no doubt drawing up plans to throw your workers on the scrap heap once they're not furloughed, your shitty adverts pretending you're one of us drawn up by some zeitgeist ghoul. Just do something nice and don't be a cunt.

• Upvote 7

4 hours ago, Section_31 said:

My favourite one was one of the supermarkets cutting the price of fuel as their “way of saying thank you to key workers.”

Nothing to do with the fact that oil suppliers were literally paying to give it away, you see. No, they were slashing the price of fuel FOR THE HEROES.

• Upvote 6