You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

9 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I'd like to see these figures with care homes stripped out.

https://www.england.nhs.uk/statistics/statistical-work-areas/covid-19-daily-deaths/

These are all hospital deaths of Covid19 in hospitals in England.

6 recorded yesterday.

Lowest since 10 March.

25 people under the age of 60 have died in hospital in England of Covid 19 in the past week.

45 the week before.

62 the week before that.

66 before that.

103 before that.

121 before that.

Of these, I don't know how many had underlying issues. 

• Upvote 1

I might read this thread from Page 1 and relive the thrill of the pandemic all over again. I'm looking forward to the bit where some people say "it's just flu loads die every year anyway" and then 60,000 Brits die in  just over three months. 

At least I know it's got a happy ending with queues of zombies around the block trying to get into Zara and Primark. 

1 minute ago, johnsusername said:

I might read this thread from Page 1 and relive the thrill of the pandemic all over again. I'm looking forward to the bit where some people say "it's just flu loads die every year anyway" and then 60,000 Brits die in  just over three months. 

At least I know it's got a happy ending with queues of zombies around the block trying to get into Zara and Primark. 

He will be along to neg that in a minute. 

4 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

I can understand the 'just flu' line at the start as nobody knew much at all about it.

It's when people persist with this foolishness I begin to question their motives, their sanity and their intelligence

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

It'll be like the Istanbul thread in reverse.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Who’s to know if these figures are true? Personally, I’m taking them with a pinch of salt.

Sea salt, I hope. 

New Zealand gets its first new cases in weeks. Unsurprisingly, they're imported from the UK- https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/16/new-zealand-records-first-new-covid-19-cases-after-women-arrive-from-uk-carrying-virus

Releasing them from quarantine without being tested was really poor, especially as one of them was having symptoms, hopefully they won't make that mistake again.

1 hour ago, Mudface said:

New Zealand gets its first new cases in weeks. Unsurprisingly, they're imported from the UK- https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/16/new-zealand-records-first-new-covid-19-cases-after-women-arrive-from-uk-carrying-virus

Releasing them from quarantine without being tested was really poor, especially as one of them was having symptoms, hopefully they won't make that mistake again.

One of them admitted to feeling sick! But said it was something else. So much for the New Zealand geniuses. 

9 minutes ago, Hank Moody said:

So much for them? Well, I mean apart from two Brits, the entire nation is clean. I’d take that level of stupid right here, right now! 

I think they were Kiwis who travelled back from the UK.

Still letting them out from quarantine early without testing seems a bit stupid. That is partly the point also though right? New Zealand aren’t geniuses, they’ve just been mildly competent.

• Upvote 1

Is it wrong that I am slightly amused by the cases of covid in NZ? All these smug Facebook posts pretending to understand politics in New Zealand and lauding the Prime minister because she took her baby into parliament and "solved" the corona virus problem. While I'm sure they've managed it infinitely better than the staggering dribblechins here, the countries are not comparable in terms of population and proximity to large populous areas. Australia has a hugely incompetent, twattish, right wing government and sailed through this as well. 

Yes it is wrong that I'm amused is the answer

• Upvote 4

12 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

I’ve always taken them with a pinch of salt, and will continue to do, especially now that it is “time to get the economy moving again”.

It is time though, because if we don’t barely any of us will have a future, some will be lucky to have a roof over their heads this time next year. I honestly think people are not grasping how horrific this depression is going to be.

• Upvote 4