You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

48 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Erm just a couple of questions on this mask lark? What if you cant afford to buy them? And you can't afford to destroy clothes to make them yourself?

The bare minimum is to cover your face.  If you can't manage that, get off the fucking bus.

Viva la revolution!

5 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Matt Hancock is absolutely abysmal at pretending to give a fuck. 

Every single last one of them are.   Smirking, grinning twats.   Would be surprised to see one of them shot. 

I'd happily do it. 

15 minutes ago, Grinch said:

But difficult in these times.   I've not seen family for months, had two funerals, one I couldn't even attend.  Quite possibly lost a child due to it cause she was working in the hospital at the time when it was about but not mainstream news.   Might well have been one of those things but it's nagging at me now. 

Every sacrifice we've e made is being thrown out the fucking window and we're heading headfirst into herd immunity with no idea of that's even a thing. 

And no fucking cunt is going to held to account for any of it.   So yea, I'm sick of it. 

I'm sorry if I've read this wrong, but, you've lost a child to this (or during all this)?

20 minutes ago, Aw Geez said:

I'm sorry if I've read this wrong, but, you've lost a child to this (or during all this)?

Unborn child, missus was working in a hospital that became a hot spot.  No idea and never will know if covid played a part. 

We've all been badly affected by it and I'd say most, especially on here will have made sacrifices.   Don't come across too many wankers saying they don't believe in it on here for instance,  something I can't say about irl. 

Completely fucked off with it now.  Feels like nothing I do is gonna make a blind bit of difference. 

• Upvote 6

3 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Unborn child, missus was working in a hospital that became a hot spot.  No idea and never will know if covid played a part. 

We've all been badly affected by it and I'd say most, especially on here will have made sacrifices.   Don't come across too many wankers saying they don't believe in it on here for instance,  something I can't say about irl. 

Completely fucked off with it now.  Feels like nothing I do is gonna make a blind bit of difference. 

Jesus wept lad, that's terrible, get some help, speak to your GP and ask for help. Best wishes!

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Sorry to hear this, keep strong, things will get better for you

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jairzinho said:

Face masks mandatory on public transport...in ten days time.

Another thing they won't be able to enforce. Are they still going ahead with the 14 day self/Isolation quarantine for people travelling through Airports on Monday? The logic of bringing that in now blows my mind!

24 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Sorry to hear about the loss of your child. As others have said, if you need to reach out for help do it.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Istvan Kuntstain said:

Get in there.  I should be on commission here. 

Sorry to hear about your losses, Grinch. 

New mask guidance from the WHO. La revolution is in full flow. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/05/who-changes-advice-medical-grade-masks-over-60s

WHO advises public to wear face masks when unable to distance

Over-60sshould use medical-grade masks and all others three-layer fabric ones, health body says.

People over 60 or with health issues should wear a medical-grade mask when they are out and cannot socially distance, according to new guidance from the World Health Organization, while all others should wear a three-layer fabric mask.

The UK may have to rethink its advice following the significant change of stance by the WHO, which until now has been reluctant to advocate the wearing of masks by the public because of limited evidence that they offer protection.

• Upvote 1

Cheers for the thoughts, not gonna quote everyone.  A good amount of time has passed now and we're lucky enough to know that we both can have children.  I spent five years with a young woman who never could   now, that would be hard to accept for her, I'll her over this 

It fucking sucks, biggest kick in the balls I've ever had, going into a 12 week scan, bouncing expecting to see our child.   Lockdown hit not too long after and I finally got to the wee grave a few weeks ago.  I think that helped her some what  but realistically the pain will pass when we hold our future child.   Worrying, I'm looking around me again, thinking it'd be a curse and not a blessing to bring a child into this shit show.  A selfish act even. 

Once things blow over and I get to see my family and friends again, I'll be in a better place.   Have a job interview coming up too that'll get me away from dealing with the public, bloody cunts everywhere. 

• Upvote 15

28 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Bit of a jump in Italy today.  518 new cases today vs 177 yesterday. 

It may be some historic numbers or a new hotspot, because over 400 of these is in Lombardy, whilst others have similar numbers as earlier during the week.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Grinch said:

Really sorry to hear that. Dont know what else to say, sorry.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
1 hour ago, Grinch said:

So sorry to hear about this mate, a shitty thing for anyone to go through and my condolences to your missus and yourself. Take care and don't be afraid to reach out if you need some help. 

Really sorry to read that as well Grinch. And also sorry for being so crap at knowing what to even say, I really hope things get better for you from here on out though after what you've gone through.

I've been baffled at the recent protests too to an extent. I can see why they're happening without one shred of doubt and understand that, but at the same time it feels like so much caution and mentions of the risks of what's currently going on have been thrown out of the window. And when you mix that in with the recent "Happy Monday" shite and all of the rest of it where we were already seeing huge amounts of people at beaches, etc, well I think we might be heading for trouble again shortly.

If we avoid it and things carry on gradually getting better I'll be amazed after the amount of crowds we've seen recently. It could be that a lot of people protesting have been wearing masks if so, but even a slight increase in cases could spiral out of control with this government making such a mess of things and I'm struggling to see how that's been avoided.