You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

I've already contact the airline and insurance. If the advise is not to fly etc, you can claim from 28 days before the flight is due to leave.

I'm crossing everything for the message not to change before 26th June.

Just now, Scott_M said:

I've already contact the airline and insurance. If the advise is not to fly etc, you can claim from 28 days before the flight is due to leave.

I'm crossing everything for the message not to change before 26th June.

My insurance says as long as the FCO are saying "all but essential" then they wont cover it for a refund. Ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Aw Geez said:

My insurance says as long as the FCO are saying "all but essential" then they wont cover it for a refund. Ridiculous.

Sorry, I don’t follow. If it’s only essential travel, then they will pay?

1 minute ago, Scott_M said:

Sorry, I don’t follow. If it’s only essential travel, then they will pay?

They wont pay. They will only cover a refund if its a complete travel ban. "all but essential"? Tough shit, looks like you're going on holiday or losing thousands.

Hard to believe they can get away with that. I'll be looking into it more.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Aw Geez said:

They wont pay. They will only cover a refund if its a complete travel ban. "all but essential"? Tough shit, looks like you're going on holiday or losing thousands.

I'm glad I cancelled my booking as soon as this all started as I'd have lost over 2k. I lost a £240 deposit but you can never rely on holiday companies to not try to fuck you over.

I like Ashworth, used to share a pint with him now and again years ago, and I think once he grows in to the role he'll do a fine job of holding the Health Minister to account.

He's just destroyed every lie Hancock has told in parliament, shame nobody apart from me is watching.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I like Ashworth, used to share a pint with him now and again years ago, and I think once he grows in to the role he'll do a fine job of holding the Health Minister to account.

He's just destroyed every lie Hancock has told in parliament, shame nobody apart from me is watching.

Grows into the role? He’s had the job for nearly four years!

3 hours ago, Aw Geez said:

I don't know if it still applies to you in the UK, but you might want to look into EU 261.

Regulations regarding passenger rights for flights involving EU countries.

4 minutes ago, polymerpunkah said:

I don't know if it still applies to you in the UK, but you might want to look into EU 261.

Regulations regarding passenger rights for flights involving EU countries.

Will do thanks. Was booked through a travel agent though so doubt ill get a refund direct from the airline.

Just now, Spy Bee said:

Yeah, prior to Sweden announcing that it saw growth in Q1.

I will actually say that ideas of perpetual growth in an economy are fucking stupid.

The second point is true.

Q1 is neither here nor there about whether they will fare better moving forward - which is the whole discussion.

The first death there was on March 11.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
1 hour ago, Spy Bee said:

Not a mask in sight in the House of Commons.

Quite outstanding when you consider they are the modern equivalent of Highwaymen. 

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

The second point is true.

Q1 is neither here nor there about whether they will fare better moving forward - which is the whole discussion.

The first death there was on March 11.

They will fare better than Italy, Spain and France, which all had 4 to 5 percent negative growth in Q1 already, probably not considerably better compared to Denmark and Norway which grew only slightly less than Sweden. Further down the line, they will inevitably suffer from the EU downturn. How much, we will see. If all of EU could have done "a Sweden", it would have been much better for the economy, although who knows with the level of infections what would have happened overall. We may see it if there is a second wave, because it would probably be easier to have people behave relatively responsibly than the first time around. And there would be enough masks.   

Guest Pistonbroke

Masks are ten a penny over here at the moment. Most shops are getting in on the act, especially selling the washable ones with a theme to them. Certain businesses must be coining it in. 

5 minutes ago, SasaS said:

They will fare better than Italy, Spain and France, which all had 4 to 5 percent negative growth in Q1 already, probably not considerably better compared to Denmark and Norway which grew only slightly less than Sweden. Further down the line, they will inevitably suffer from the EU downturn. How much, we will see. If all of EU could have done "a Sweden", it would have been much better for the economy, although who knows with the level of infections what would have happened overall. We may see it if there is a second wave, because it would probably be easier to have people behave relatively responsibly than the first time around. And there would be enough masks.   

Well, yeah of course they will fare better than the countries they were faring better than. What is certainly not proven yet is that their response made any difference really one way or another. Their per capita is kind of high for the region.

Statista forecast for annual.

16934.jpeg

3 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Well, yeah of course they will fare better than the countries they were faring better than. What is certainly not proven yet is that their response made any difference really one way or another. Their per capita is kind of high for the region.

Statista forecast for annual.

16934.jpeg

It definitely made a difference in Q1, when they fared considerably better than the early lockdown countries, which is understandable since they didn't over night shut down hospitality industry in March and disrupt everything else that much.

https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/documents/2995521/10294864/2-15052020-AP-EN.pdf/5a7ea909-e708-f3d3-8375-e2510298e1b8